Vampires Will Never Hurt You

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

I was waiting outside the school for Aaron. It was cold outside on the late October evening. It wasn’t sunset yet, but it would come soon. I could here the cheers from the crowds as our team made it out on the field, I could only guess.
Aaron was going to take me to the football game. It is the final game of the year, the homecoming game. We have been dating for about 3 months, after I’ve only liked him for 2 years. He finally asked me out for the first game of the year and it’s ironic that he’s late for the last game of the year. Even though we’ve only dated for so long, I feel like I can’t ever leave him and the same for him.
The first quarter was just starting and I was still waiting. I could see my breath as it mixed with the cold air. I was starting to think that he had ditched, and then he ran up.
“Where have you been? The game has already-” I stopped as he ran to me. He was covered it cuts and blood. “Oh my God! What happened to you, Aaron?”
“There’s no time, Selena! We have to go!” he said as he grabbed my hand. He pulled and we ran.
He ended up taking me to the cemetery. He pulled me into the funeral home located outside of the graveyard. The house was large, old, and creepy looking. On both sides were graves and the cemetery was in the back.
Aaron banged on the door and no one answered. He pushed me back then charged at the door. It opened easily and he pulled me inside. Once inside he closed the door again and put a chair against it so no one could enter or leave.
“Okay, Aaron. What’s going on? What happened to you? Why are we here?” I asked as I started to take off the blue scarf around my neck.
“NO!” he shouted at me. Aaron ran up to me and put my scarf back on me. “Don’t take this off tonight! Don’t take it off period!” he said with panic in his eyes.
“What? Why? What’s going on?” I asked. Aaron looked away from me. “Aaron, “I said quietly, “you‘re scaring me. Let‘s just go back to the game.”
Aaron sighed. “Selena, if they get me and the sun goes down,” he paused and looked at me. “If they get me can you take this spike, and,” it took one of two long wooden spikes from his jacket, “put this spike in my heart!”
My eyes opened wide. “W-what?” I whispered.
“If they get me and the sun goes down, can you take this spike, and put this spike in my heart?” he asked again handing the spike to me.
I looked at him with wide eyes. My hand covered my mouth. I felt tears well up in my eyes.
“How-how could you even ask me? Why are you asking me?” I said my voice breaking.
“Selena, please understand, please believe me. I‘m not crazy. Earlier, after I walked you home, I saw something. There was some woman in an alley way. She was with some other man. I saw her go to his neck. At first, I thought they were lovers, but then when she pulled away, I-I saw blood on her mouth. She drank his blood, Selena!” he said, his voice rising with a serious tone.
I still stood there looking at him, waiting for him to continue. He saws my eyes and knew what I wanted. He knew I wanted to believe him, that he was telling the truth, that he wasn‘t crazy. He knew I wanted to know what else happened.
“I didn’t know what to do at first,” he continued. “I was frozen where I stood. Once she was done, the man feel to the ground. She looked at him for a minute, breathing heavily. Then,” he stopped. He had a fearful look in his eyes. He swallowed hard. “Then she saw me. I ran for it, Selena. I ran as fast as I could.
“I ended up at a post office. I stayed in there till just now. I was able to leave. But while I was in there, that woman was screaming at me, saying she was going to kill anyone that had my scent on them. My family, my friends, the ones I love,” the last part he almost whispered to himself. He looked up at me now. His eyes had so much worry in them. “I was terrified. I wasn’t scared for my life. Selena, when she said that, all I could think about was you. You were the last person I was going to let her get.
“Also as she screamed she yelled that she was going to get me, and ether kill me or change me.” he paused again. “That’s why I’m asking you, because when the sun comes up, it might tear the skin right off my bones.”
“Aaron. I can’t,” I finally was able to get out. I took his face in my hands. “I love you, I could never take your life.”
“Selena, as razor sharp white teeth rip out my throat, I’ll see you there and hope you would stop me,” he said looking in my eyes. “Or get me to a doctor, or get me to a church, where they could pump the venom from the gapping hole on my neck.” Then his voice became protective, as he reached for the scarf around my neck, “But you my keep your soul, like a secret in your throat. But if they come and get me you must put this spike in my heart!”

We ended up on our knees by this point, just staring in each other’s eyes.
“Can you take this spike?” Aaron asked again. “Fill it with the thoughts of this endless night-time sky. Can you take this spike?”
“But can it wash away this jet-black feeling?” I asked sharply. Then we heard something.
We went to the window. Outside we saw the graveyard. All around us, we saw crypts and tombstones. We looked up. It was almost night and we started to see figures, shadows, all across the cemetery.
“And now the nightclub sets the stage,” I said. He looked at me, but I only looked out. I sighed.
“They come in pairs, she said,” Aaron said, I still looked out the window. “She also said they shoot holy water like cheap whiskey. They’re always there.”
He grabbed my shoulders and turned me to look at him. “Get me to a doctor, and call the nurse, and buy me roses and-” he was cut off. We looked out the window again.
There was a church off in the distance. It was abandoned and no longer used. We looked at it in fascination, as we saw flames in gulp it.
“Someone burned the church,” I whispered. From the corner of my eye, I saw another shadow as it ran from the church. I gasped. Apparently, Aaron saw it too. I grabbed his shirt and pulled myself into his chest. Is arms encircled me. “This is really happening. We’re hanging out with corpses and basically driving a hearse,” I whispered. ‘Someone save my soul, please save me now!’ I thought to myself.
“Please Selena. Please, can you take this spike?”
“Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless night time sky?”
“Can you take this spike?”
“Will it wash away this jet black feeling now?” I said again. “And as these days watch over time-”
“Selena-”
“And as these days watch over time, and these days watch over us tonight,” I clutched myself closer to him, afraid, not that if I let go I’ll die, but rather he.
“And as these days watch over time. And as these days watch over time, and as these days watch over us tonight,” he repeated what I said, urging me on.
“I’ll never let them,” I said, “I’ll never let them. I’ll never let them hurt you.” I pulled my face away from his jacket. I looked in Aaron’s eyes. “I’ll never let them hurt you. Not tonight.”
“I’ll never let them,” he said, wiping a single tear from my cheek. “I can’t forget them, but I’ll never let them hurt you. I promise.” Aaron bent his head down and captured my lips in a passionate kiss. I felt more tears run down my face, knowing this might be it. The last kiss we ever share. The last we might ever see each other.
Just then we heard a crash upstairs. We broke apart. My heart dropped as I realized what just happened. Aaron grabbed my hand.
“Come on!” he yelled and we raced to through the house.

We eventually came to the stairs that lead to the basement. I felt my heart drop. The basement in a funeral home is normally the morgue. We entered it. I was right. The room was bleak and smelt of death. All around I saw tables with bodies on them, the bodies, white sheets covered them up. I pulled myself closer too Aaron. His hand tighten it’s grip on mine. He turned me to look at him.
“Selena, I know you don’t want to do this but stay here-”
“Not a chance! I won’t leave you!” I cut him off saying. He put his hand over my mouth. His eyes looked tortured and guilty.
“I know Selena, I know. But I need you to live. I need you to survive. For me, if I don’t. We might be cut down before our time, but keep in mind my final wish as a human.” he looked at me then there was another crash, closer this time. He tore away from my arms. He ran up the stairs, gone from me. Aaron wasn’t in the room with me.
I felt my chest tighten and my breath stop. I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t think. All I knew was that he was gone and I might never see him again. My knees gave out beneath me and I came crashing down to the floor.
My check was on the cold concert floor of the morgue. My eyes unable to produce tears. I couldn’t cry. I felt nothing. I knew he would soon be gone from me. Never to hold me. Never to kiss me. Never to even whisper my name.
No. it wasn’t going to end like this. He isn’t going to leave me. Ever.

I pushed myself up from the floor and ran up the stairs after him. ‘Hold on Aaron. I’m coming. They won’t kill you,’ I thought to myself.
I reached the top of the stairs. I looked around and saw nothing, then I heard a crash outside. I rushed out to see Aaron fly across the graves and crash into a tree. A woman was standing from where he flew from. She looked at him, a look of disgust on her face.
“Such a shame,” she said as she made her way towards him. “Stuck down before your time.” She finally reached him and put her foot to his neck. “Before you got off the floor.”
She moved her foot from Aaron’s neck and got on her knees. She bent down, her face going towards his neck. That’s where I stop it. I rushed at her. I tired to knock her over, but I forgot something important. She’s a vampire.
I hit her full with my full force and she didn’t budge, but she did look up. She was angry. Really angry. She stood up, leaving Aaron on the ground. She looked and me now, with a new rage.
“What are you doing?” she asked. “Do you think you can really take on one of MY kind?” she asked me. By this point I backed away, now she advanced on me. I was slowly backing away. I wanted to run, but couldn’t.
She was looking into my eyes now. She held me in her gaze. Her face grew closer to mine, till it tilled. I felt her breath on my throat. My blood raced and how much I wish it didn’t. I knew it would just turn her on.
“A-Aaron,” I whispered.
“Can you stake my heart?” she whispered back into my ear. “Can you stake my heart?” she asked again. Then I felt her breath grow on my neck as she was about to bite me.

She stopped.

A sound escaped from her mouth before she fell to the ground. I looked from her to see Aaron standing behind her, his head and neck bleeding, but his hands covered in HER blood, a stake in her back. I looked at him with wide eyes.
“I can stake your heart,” he said looking towards her then up at me. He held out his arms out for me. I ran into them. I started to cry. He hushed me and whispered kind words into my ear, saying that I was safe, that everything was alright now.
I opened my eyes. I looked over Aaron’s shoulder. My mouth dropped as I saw something that I forgot about. Aaron said that the vampires come in pairs.
“Aaron! Watch out!” I shouted. He turned in time to see a man rush at him, fangs exposed. Aaron pushed me out of the way.
I watched in horror as the vampire dug his fangs into Aaron’s neck. Just as soon as it happened, it was over. The vampire was gone and there was my love on the ground, the flesh of his neck open for all to see.
I ran to him and fell to my knees. I knew he was either dieing or changing. I rested his head in my lap and brushed a few bangs out of his eyes. His breath was coming less with each moment.
“Selena.” My name left his lips so quietly, I wasn’t sure he said it at first.
“Shh,” I hushed him. “Save your energy.” My tears were slowly rolling down my face.
“Selena, don’t let. Me change. Can you stake my heart?” He took my hand in his. He was barely gripping it. “Can you stake my heart and these thoughts of endless night
bring us back into the light and this venom from my heart?”
I looked over to the other spike in his jacket. It felt heavy in my hand as I grabbed it. I gripped it with both hands and raised it over my head.
I heard a whisper.
“And as always, innocent like roller coasters.
Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against
because I've seen what they look like.
Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading…”
“Can you stake me before the sun goes down?” he asked. I brought down the spike with all my strength.

Me and Aaron’s bodies were found about 2 hours later when we never came home after the game. His body was drained of all blood, and mine with a stake through the heart.
In that last moment I realized that he wasn’t going to live after that night. I knew I wouldn’t be able to leave him. Ever.

Vampires Will Never Hurt You
My Chemical Romance

And if they get me and the sun goes down into the ground
And if they get me take this spike to my heart and
And if they get me and the sun goes down
And if they get me take this spike and
You put the spike in my heart

And if the sun comes up will it tear the skin right off our bones
And then as razor sharp white teeth rip out our necks I saw you there
Someone get me to the doctor, someone get me to a church
Where they can pump this venom gaping hole
And you must keep your soul like a secret in your throat
And if they come and get me
What if you put the spike in my heart

And if they get me and the sun goes down
And if they get me take this spike and

(Come on!)

[Chorus]
Can you take this spike?
Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless
Night time sky?
Can you take this spike?
Will it wash away this jet black feeling?

And now the nightclub sets the stage for this they come in pairs she said
We'll shoot back holy water like cheap whiskey they're always there
Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church
We're hanging out with corpses, and driving in this hearse
And someone save my soul tonight, please save my soul

[Chorus]
Can you take this spike?
Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless
Night time sky?
Can you take this spike?
Will it wash away this jet black now?

(Let's go! Come on!)

And as these days watch over time, and as these days watch over time
And as these days watch over us tonight
[x2]

I'll never let them, I'll never let them
I'll never let them hurt you not tonight
I'll never let them, I can't forget them
I'll never let them hurt you, I promise

Struck down, before our prime
Before, you got off the floor
Can you stake my heart? Can you stake my heart?

Can you stake my heart? Can you stake my heart?
(And these thoughts of endless night
bring us back into the light
and this venom from my heart)

Can you stake my heart? Can you stake my heart?
(And these thoughts of endless night
bring us back into the light
kill this venom from my heart)

Can you stake me before the sun goes down?

(And as always, innocent like roller coasters.
Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against
because I've seen what they look like.
Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading...)
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the story I think of everytime I hear this song.