Your My Afinity

Candles.

I sat around my dimly lighted dorm, waiting for the sun to go down. The candles flickered with my impatient sigh. Time just didn't want to pass by today, or I should probably try to get up and do something productive to help it go by.

Why was I sitting here, alone in the dark? How did I get to this crazy vampire-high school? And why does my day/night start at six p.m.?

Well, the third question is answered by my second question, and as for my third: 'Cuz my stupid twin sister snuck off with her stupid boyfriend. How typical, the ugly, left out sibling whining about her problems.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when my alarm went off. I reset the alarm and stretched. In another breathe, I heard a whisper.

"Blair…" It sounded like the wind and a low soft whisper.

I blinked and got up off my bed. I walked over to the window and unlocked the latches with quick fingers.

I looked down from my fourth story window to the grassy lawns below. I felt crazy for thinking that someone could possibly get from way down there, to way up here. But this was a vampire school; I bet things like this are a normal phenomenon.

But I still hadn't expected it to be him. Brian Haner.

My breathe froze in my chest, and Brain smirked his suggestive smile.

That simple up turn of his lips was enough to make me dizzy.

"Do I take your breathe away, Blair?" Brian asked quietly. With our vampire hearing, volume was not the issue.

I gave him a dark look. He could not ever know how I felt about him; I did not want to be another female falling at his feet. Yet, another female to be held at his sexual disposal.

Suddenly, Brian's mood changed. He stuffed his hands in his jeans pockets and shifted his wieght nervously, from one leg to another.

I watched him curiously. I had never seen Brian display such behavior.

"So," he started, and looked down. "The sun's nearly down, and the dining hall will be open soon. I was wondering if-"

Suddenly, my dorm door opened softly, but loud enough for Brian and me to hear it.

I got up form the window and spun around to look towards the door.

"No, Zacky. You can't come in, Blair's still here." Bianca, my twin sister argued with her boyfriend.

"So?" he asked defiantly.

"She's my twin sister! If I had another roomie, it'd be different."

"Hot twin sisters don't bother me." Zacky retorted before thinking. I saw Bianca place a well aimed smack on his shoulder. "Ow! Hey! Of course you're prettier!"

Bianca rolled her eyes. "I meant that she's my sibling. She has direct contact with my parentals and can tattle-tale. That's what I meant, you goober!"

"Oh, well, I better get going. See you at the dining hall later?" Zacky asked.

"Yep." Bianca nodded.

"Oh," Zacky paused as he almost left. "Do you know where Brian's at?" Zacky asked.

"Oh, no, Zacky! I did not just spend the last hour with you! Instead, I was delving in my stalker research for Brain E. Haner Jr.! Let me tell ya 'bout it." Bianca rolled her eyes.

Zacky scowled at her. "Just text me if you see him."

"Sure, sure." Bianca reassured him and closed the door in his face.

She began to walk over to her bed and plopped down on it.

"There's no use in looking for Brian." Bianca said and began flipping through one of her Anne Rice books. "Especially since he's outside the window goggling at Blair like he has for the past ten minutes!" she yelled the last part.

I heard Brian's muffled cursing and his running footfalls. Running away form me. I also heard Zacky's laughing and his own cussing.

"You know ya'll love me!" Bianca yelled again with an exaggerated country twang.

I sighed before I could think to hold it in.

Bianca caught my mood immediately. Stupid twin stuff.

"What's wrong, Blair? I thought you two were just friends.. as if…" Bianca muttered the last part.

"We are." I said and sat back down on my bed. "He was just asking me for something…"

Bianca looked away form "Tale of The Body Thief" over to me. "Stop being so mysterious, Blair. Spit out."

"Ugh! He was just saying something about dining hall before you came in." I said. "I have no idea."

"Hmph. Probably just wanted to ask you to walk with him to breakfast, or something." Bianca said.

"Well, let's just hope it was just breakfast, and not something."

I looked up at the door, where the other voice that was not my own or Bianca's.

Me and Bianca were twins, but part of a full set of triplets. There was me and my sister, then there was Blane, our twin brother.

"Oh, hey Blane." Bianca told him. "We were just talking about Blair's, cough, relationship with Brian."

Blane's dark eyes narrowed at me. "That Haner kid?" He asked hatefully.

"Yeah…" I trialed off. "But we're just friends!" I added quickly at Blane's expression.

"I don't want either of you two hanging around with guys like him, especially his friends and the like."

Bianca gave a nervous cough.

Blane spun around to meet her down cast, guilty gaze.

"You didn't ." Blane told her coldly.

"Uh, yeah." Bianca said, as her cheeks tinged pink. "I sorta did."

"Which one?" Blane asked stiffly, already guessing her association more than a little friendly.

"Zackary Baker." I coughed.

Bianca scowled over at me.

Blane bared his vampire teeth and a hiss escaped his parted lips. "He's the worst."

Suddenly, our dorm door slammed open forcefully.

"Hey guys!" squealed Bianca's and my best friend, Azury, barged in.

She stopped immediately when she got a taste of the tense atmosphere.

"Well, then. Do you guy's wanna go eat, or what?"
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, well,
i tried to make this as interesting as i possibly could.

comments= my eternal devotion.