You're Cute When You Scream

Horror In The Womb

Six Months Later

It’s sad to say, but nothing’s really changed much in the past six months. It was now mid-June, and it was cruel to have to see the sun everyday, knowing that this life was far from bright. Myra, Katie, Nicole, and Aliza were riding on their last ounces of strength.

Myra’s had it the worst out of all of them. Imagine having to deal with all the side-effects of being pregnant and being put through so much physical and emotional suffering. Although by all means, I don’t mean to say that they all haven’t had their share of hard times.

Katie and Zacky have tried to rebuild their relationship since all that had happened after the rape scene. They both agreed to allow Zacky to be violent when the situation would call for it, and to my surprise, it got Shadows off their back.

Every Thursday is garbage day, which is Zacky’s job chore around the house. He always brings Katie with him, claiming it’s because the garbage bags are too fucking heavy, which might actually be true. But I know what they really do out there. They enjoy every second they have alone. Katie’s injuries were minor, mostly bruises, some internal bleeding, and scrapes here and there.

Nicole was working on making a full recovery. Shadows managed to trust Doctor Manor enough to grant him entrance into the house to give her the proper care and therapy to get her back on her feet. I always found it a strange sight to see him call someone to heal her, when we all knew one of them was planning on hurting her again shortly.

Unfortunately for Nicole, the Rev has taken an interest in her. From what I’ve heard…it’s both a physical and sexual attraction.

Sometimes if I can’t sleep at night, I humor myself and imagine all of us living together, but under normal circumstances. The only problem was that Shadows and I would be the only guys without girlfriends. It’s a stupid dream, really.

Anyway, since Nicole was in the process of healing, the guys were slightly nicer to her…the Rev even let her sleep in his room, and I’m unsure as to whether that’s a good or bad thing.

No one has found out that Aliza is my little sister yet, well except for the other girls. She’s taken a liking to Johnny, who is by all means, statistically the least threatening member of the group. I was still confused as to why Nicole and Aliza ended up here in the first place. I thought Syn said that his main goal was to get revenge and kill Myra?

So many things have changed around here that it was hard to keep track. It became overwhelming sometimes being the watchdog of the group. Hell, even I have changed since coming here…since Syn and I did that horrible thing to Myra.

That raised another question. I only offered minimal violent support if it was necessary, playing along just for show was Johnny and Zacky did. Why were they still keeping me here? It’s been six months now. They needed someone to lure Myra in. I did my job…and if they don’t think of a new one for me soon, I’d continue to lure her…away from them and closer to me.

“Ronnie, do you have a minute?” Johnny asked, quickly stepping into my room and closing the door behind him.

I glanced over my shoulder, “Sure, man, what’s up?”

“Syn and Shads just took Myra to the hospital, so I figured we could try and talk about the plan.”

“Dude, it’s been months now and we haven’t been able to get shit done. What are we supposed to do?”

“The thing holding me back is Zacky. I’ve known him for years. Ever since the time we all made our first kills…he hasn’t been the same since. He can be rash and impulsive…unstable.”

“But we both know that Katie wouldn’t leave without him. Whether or not he’s capable of truly loving her can’t really matter anymore. We need all the inside help we can get,” I muttered. Johnny looked doubtful, but eventually accepted it.

“Look, Ronnie, we need to act soon. We have to get out of here before Myra gives birth. She can’t raise a baby in this kind of environment,” he said gravely.

“You think I don’t already know that? It makes me sick to think that Syn is going to even try and play house,” I spat bitterly.

“What are we supposed to do, then?”

“For one, involve Zacky in our next meeting. And for two, we need to pick a date that is before the birth and when the other three would be busy with something.”

“I’ll keep on eye on their schedules,” Johnny said before leaving. If only things could be as simple as that…

*Myra’s POV*

“Where are we going?” I protested, struggling his grip as he led me down the stairs, where Shadows was waiting with a bored expression on his face and a set of keys looped around one of his fingers.

Lately, I noticed that Syn has subtly been being more considerate of the dosage of physical abuse he gives me. I can get away with so much shit now because he’s too afraid to hit me, killing the baby. He even feeds me daily…surprisingly tasty meals.

He sighed in annoyance, “Just get in the fucking car.”

He gave me a light shove in the direction of the front door and followed closely behind me. Shadows got in the front seat, Syn in the passenger seat, and I got the whole back row to myself. I really should’ve expected it, but we ended up in the hospital’s parking lot. I am so sick of coming here…it really isn’t funny anymore.

“Seriously, what are we doing here?”

“If you must know, I want you to get a few tests to make sure the baby is ok. Maybe now the doctor can tell us who the father is and shit like that,” he replied, almost sounding excited at the end.

I didn’t get it. Why would Brian of all people want to start a family? Surely he isn’t too demented to realize that our current set-up isn’t kid-friendly. There must be some reason.

*Rev’s POV*

Katie and Zacky were sitting with each other on the couch watching some sort of movie on TV. I found it humorous that they thought no one would be watching them after Shadows and Syn left with Myra. If I wasn’t seeing it with my own deceitful eyes, I probably wouldn’t believe it.

Zacky has never felt anything since what happened to Kayla, so why is he choosing now? Is she some sort of psychologist who is trying to do a good deed by talking Zacky into being a good little boy? Something needed to be done about this, but I wasn’t sure what exactly could be done. In other words, I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to tell the others about this or not. I growled angrily to myself as I spun around and returned to my room.

Nicole has taken up permanent residence in my bed. There was almost some sort of cruel irony present – her legs were almost completely back to normal and she’d be able to walk, but instead I kept her tied down to my bed. Maybe if I was feeling generous I’d let her get up for a few minutes. Maybe.

“Did you know that our friends Katie and Zacky are in a secret relationship?” I questioned playfully.

Nicole’s eyes widened sharply, probably surprised that I knew about it, but she tried playing it off. It was already too late, though. Her reaction was all the proof I needed. I crawled onto the bed until we were at the same level.

“Why wouldn’t you tell me about something so serious, baby?” I taunted.

I knew all about Nicole’s past in a matter of days after we first brought her back here. She was going to get married in March, but her fiancée left her for some hooker he had accidently impregnated. I knew everything about Luke, her fiancée…even knew that he called her baby. And boy did I savor the look of hurt and sadness that filled her eyes at the mention of that word.

“Don’t call me that…and don’t pretend like we’re a 'thing,'” she muttered, blinking away a series of tears.

“But you’re breaking my heart,” I cried, acting as if I was so hurt.

“Can’t you just leave me alone,” she pleaded.

“Not just yet,” I said, shoving a knife up against her throat. “I have a proposal for you.”

*Myra’s POV*

“H-hi, guys, what can I do for you?” the doctor asked nervously as he stepped into the room and closed the door behind him.

Shadows and Syn enjoyed the fear in his actions. I, on the other hand, glared daggers at him. I still would never forgive him for all the shit he’s caused. “I’d like you to run some tests on her and show me what my baby looks like.”

The doctor looked surprised by the request but got to work nevertheless. He prodded me with all sorts of instruments and scanned my stomach. I watched him intently, and felt a twinge of fear as his expression subtly turned concerned. Concerned doctors clearly meant that something was wrong…

The doctor left the room shortly, saying he needed to go grab some charts off the printer. He returned about fifteen minutes later with a slightly confused and worried expression.

“I’m not really sure whether you’ll take this as good or bad news, Miss Thompson, but Mr…Gates isn’t the father of your baby.”
♠ ♠ ♠
in the next chapter: Syn becomes pissed off after hearing the news and unleashes his rage, the rev explains his deal to nicole, johnny and aliza have some alone time, the rev decides to confront katie about the whole situation, while ronnie is sent to new york city to make sure no leads have been made in Myra or Katie's cases

so, i have decided to turn this into a trilogy event :D I'm thinking about maybe having 10-15 more chapters left with this and then beginning the final installment in the "Scream" series.

Also, my editing of the original Scream story is coming along very well. I've only reached ch. 15 so far, but i can say it will be improved greatly in terms of length, grammar, and gore ;) look for those edits coming soon

5+ comments would be amazing please