You're Cute When You Scream

What If We Could

My neck jolted suddenly once my freefall was cut dramatically shorter than I had expected. I strained to find out what had happened from my suspended, upside-down position.

Pablo, barely managing to maintain his own grip on the rocks, somehow managed to grip my ankle. Judging by the space between us, this must be exerting too much pressure on his arm. He wouldn’t have enough time to pull me back up without pulling his arm out of its socket.

If I survived the fall once, I’m sure I could do it again.

“Pablo, just let me go! I’ll just climb back up,” I shouted.

“No…way,” he breathed. “I won’t let you take that risk.”

I stared up at him as best as I could in my position and felt a portion of my fear dissipate in the presence of admiration. I just met this guy a few hours ago, and already he’s willing to risk his own safety, for me? The look in his eyes was so serious; I just couldn’t find it in my heart to protest any more.

With a nod, I decided to take action. Fighting against gravity, I curled upward as if I was doing crunches midair. I struggled to reach for his arm. He groaned under the weight and pull of pressure, but maintained his single-handed grasp on the rock.

Once I made it into more of an upright position, I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my legs on his hips, essentially forcing him to give me a piggy back ride up the rest of this waterfall.

With trembling arms and aching muscles, he persevered, slowly reaching upward and gradually making more distance between the drop and us. But just as he was about to reach the final rock at the top of the waterfall, a hand sprung forward and tightly gripped Pablo’s arm.

“Well, well, well look at what I found,” the Rev sneered, dangling us out over the ledge. How the hell is someone so skinny able to be so strong?

I unintentionally held onto Pablo harder than I should have, but you can’t really blame me. I accidentally caught a glimpse of the river below us, and suddenly the distance seemed so much greater when you’re falling from midair.

*Myra’s POV*

In all of the carnage and commotion going on, I found it odd that Shadows was staring over into the kitchen, a confused expression on his face. Maybe whoever or whatever was in there would be enough of a distraction to get across the room by Ronnie and Chris.

The smell of blood and burnt flesh littered the air. I bit back a series of tears as I glanced over at Aliza’s body. If only Ronnie could’ve gotten here sooner… Even still, there was no reason for Syn to attack her like that.

I forced myself to look away from her remains, knowing that if I kept looking, my emotions would only lead to rage that might lead me to act upon it.

With a determined nod, I began crawling forward, slightly slowed by my injuries, but mobile nevertheless. Ronnie and Chris – apparently who were more alike than I imagined – were being two dumb assess and were focusing their attention on the mystery in the kitchen.

But of course, of all people, Syn is the one to figure out what I was planning. He leapt up off of the ground and practically body slammed me to the ground before, pulling me up against his chest in a headlock.

“What the hell? This isn’t the WWE,” I growled, clawing at his hands.

“Don’t think that just because that bastard is still alive that you can go running right into his arms,” he spat, tightening his hold momentarily.

I scoffed. “Why the hell do you think you can control me? You just said like two hours ago that you didn’t love me, so why do you care?”

“Like it or not, Myra, we’re a family. If you keep this shit up, I’ll drag you to a courthouse and force you to marry me.”

I practically gagged at the thought. He may be able to inflict physical and emotional pain upon me, but I will not let him ruin my dreams of a perfect wedding. I would’ve gladly vocalized those thoughts, but I was too distracted by the sight before me.

The mystery person from the kitchen stepped forward – it was Val? I thought that all these morons said they killed their high school girlfriend? At the time, Shadows and Val were together…the school even reported her death…Michelle was so torn up about it that she dropped out of school, claiming to begin homeschooling.

“Val? You’re supposed to be dead,” Shadows observed, subtly cringing further back into the recliner with each forward step she took.

She smiled sadly. “That’s what you thought. Of course you would. How could you know that you killed the wrong twin?”

Shadows’ eyes widened in response, and I swear there was regret on his face. “No, that’s not possible! You think I wouldn’t know the girl I was dating?”

“Apparently not. You see, junior year Michelle and I decided it would be fun to exchange hair colors just before school ended, to play a prank. She went blonde and I went dark brown. Guess we managed to fool someone.”

“I…that’s…how?” Shadows stuttered in a confused stupor.

Val’s eyes scanned the room, pausing at Zacky and Syn, glancing at the strangers Ronnie, Katie, and Chris, then landed on me. “So, Myra, you’re the one that got away?”

I couldn’t tell if the tone of her voice suggested that she was simply asking a question or if she meant for there to be some envy behind her words. Thankfully, she didn’t know that supposedly all of this murdering business was my fault, according to the boys.

“I g-guess you could put it that way…”

“Good for you. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to have to ask that you and your friends,” she paused to nod toward Ronnie, Chris, Katie, and Johnny, “leave the room. You’re all pretty beat up and need some rest. I have business to discuss with these three.” She was referring to Shadows, Zacky, and Synyster.

“I really don’t see what’s so private. I don’t really know what’s going here, but it’s starting to get good,” Ronnie said.

“That’s too bad. Get the fuck upstairs!” she growled, chucking a knife toward him, just barely missing his head, before it wedged itself in the wall.

“I thought you said all the girls were good,” Chris muttered angrily.

“I didn’t know about this one,” Ronnie replied, scurrying toward the staircase.

Thanks to the lovely distraction that Val provided, I was able to take advantage of the situation and elbow Syn right in the jaw. He stumbled backward, his grip vanishing accordingly. I stood up on shaking legs and stared at Val, who suddenly seemed to look like a ghost or something. Who did she think she was, ordering us around like that? That’s not the Val that I remembered.

I stumbled over to the wall and hung on to it for support. My body was racked with pain, so even the simplest of tasks took on a newfound complication. “What happened to you, Val?” I whispered fiercely.

She narrowed her eyes in my direction and gave me a look filled with spite. “Why don’t you try experiencing what I’ve experienced and see if you’re the same person in the end?” she spat.

Something suddenly raged inside of me. What, does she think she’s the only one who’s suffered because of this? She wasn’t the one who was physically, mentally, and emotionally tortured for two years now. She got to live her life in peace and privacy. How dare she?

“Don’t you talk to me about suffering. Maybe you should do a little research before you just force your way in here and think you’re in charge,” I growled.

Val’s heels echoed across the tiled floor in the kitchen for a brief moment before she stepped onto the very stained carpet. She was coming toward me. She stopped suddenly, reaching forward and wrapping her fingers between strands of my hair. She pulled me close to her with anger-induced heat seeping from her pores.

“I said get upstairs,” she said lowly.

Chris, and Katie shot me pleading expressions from over Val’s shoulder. Maybe it would be best to get out of this area, away from these fucked up individuals.

“Yeah,” I breathed, “I’ll go upstairs….but first, I have something for you.”

I reached forward and dragged my excessively overgrown fingernails across her face. She shrieked in pain, forfeiting her hold on my hair while giving me the most hateful look.

“One of the benefits of being a captive for over a year,” I smirked, acting as if I was admiring my nails before retreating. She can have them for all I care.

After what’s just happened, I should gladly want to be away from them. I just don’t like being told to do so.

Each of us trailed up the stairs in a single line. I was about to follow Katie into Johnny’s room, but Ronnie tugged on my arm. He held a finger over his mouth indicating that I should be quiet. He nodded toward his old room down the hall, so instead I followed him; his eyes were so pleading, this must be important.

His fingers slid down my arm until they reached my hand, wrapping around mine in perfection. Was Ronnie the guy I was meant to be with? Compared to Syn, he does seem like the more sane choice. But if that’s the case, then what’s with my hesitation?

I stopped in front of the nursery causing him to do the same. He offered a confused expression. “The babies need to be fed,” I explained, also realizing that now he’d get to see his daughter.

His face lit up as he reached the same conclusion. I opened the door to the nursery and led him over to Renee’s crib. “Meet Renee Marie Radke,” I smiled, reaching down to pick up my little angel.

I cradled her in my arms, angling my body so that Ronnie could get a good glimpse. He reached out so gently, stunned once her little fingers wrapped around his thumb. She finally got to meet her daddy. They held an intense staring contest, taking in each other’s sights.

Ronnie swallowed hard before asking, “C-can I hold her?”

“Of course,” I nodded, passing the baby over slowly to ensure that he was holding her properly.

“I guess I’ll use this time to take care of the other baby,” I sighed.

“Other baby?” Ronnie asked. He followed me over to the second crib.

“Yeah, his baby, Branden. Only a couple days old and already a little devil.”

“That’s some crazy shit.”

I laughed quietly before looking into Branden’s crib. His tiny fingers were wrapped tightly around a small stuffed animal’s neck. I avoided staring at the sight as I reached down and picked him up, bringing his face up to my chest. I leaned back in the rocker and lifted up my shirt, smirking as Ronnie’s eyes seemed to be glued to the sight.

“Don’t drool on your daughter.”

He rolled his eyes and continued talking in baby talk to Renee.

I groaned briefly as Branden roughly sucked my nipple. I swear a baby should not have that much sucking abilities already. I didn’t care whether or not he got his fill, as terrible as that may sound, so as soon as I reached my limit I placed him back in bed and then took care of Renee. Much to my surprise, both babies fell asleep almost immediately after being fed.

Ronnie stepped forward and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me up against his erection. “Thank you for letting me see her, Myra. Now, would you mind coming with me? I have something I want to talk to you about.”

I wasn’t sure whether his “talk” would be verbal or physical but I followed him anyway. I had just spent the last few days believing him to be dead.

I wanted to enjoy what was left of my time with him, regardless of what we decided to do.

*Shadows’ POV*

Val waited until she was sure that the others were gone before she dared take a step near us. Zacky was resting against the wall, breathing shallowly. Syn was holding some ice over his bruised jaw. And I was just lounging in my recliner, mind racing to figure out how we could’ve fucked up so badly back then.

Val ran a finger along her bloody cheek, smearing it along her jaw line with anything but a pained expression. She’s become so different since the last time I saw her. And the weird part was…it both pleased me and scared the hell out of me.

I knew she didn’t challenge me in strength, but damn the looks she’s given tonight make me wonder if she could be my sadistical equal. I had to find out what she wanted, at the very least, because if she were my equal, then I’d have to eliminate her again.

“So, Valery, what brings you here? It seems kind of risky to approach the men who thought they killed you all those years ago.”

Her glare was focused on me. “I’d say that that was a pretty stupid question, Matt. It’s obvious that the reality of the situation has affected you just as I planned.”

I frowned at her words. What does she think she did? I caught her lips forming a smirk as a sudden wet warmth developed on my arm. I slowly glanced down to find a studded star sticking out of my flesh, blood slowly covering the colorful canvas on my arm.

How did she…?

“Now do you see what I mean? Your mind is entirely preoccupied with trying to explain my sudden appearance. Notice that you’re the only one who didn’t notice my attack.”

I glanced over at Zacky and Syn to find that similar looking stars were lodged in objects behind them…meaning they dodged it. She was about to approach me until Syn spoke up, tossing his ice onto the ground. I could tell that he was getting fed up with this on going situation.

Things have been out of control for far too long.

He lunged forward and tackled Val onto the ground. He pinned her arms beneath his knees allowing his free hands to wrap around her throat.

“Listen good, Val. Just because you survived doesn’t mean you can just waltz in here and think you’re all high and mighty. We killed you once, and we will gladly do it again, just like the rest of those bitches upstairs.”

“Even your precious Myra?” she sneered.

His hardened face cracked for the briefest moment before he recovered. “All of them,” he replied sternly. “And if you don’t tell us what you’re doing here, then you’re gonna be the first to die.”

“It’s a little hard to explain something when you’re choking me,” she growled. Syn rolled his eyes and moved his hand off of her throat, though still keeping her pinned.

“I came to find you for two reasons, both of which are heavily laced with revenge. Originally I wanted to find you and hand you over to the police. Then I found out I was too late once I heard about your capture. I read up on Myra’s story and realized that somehow she survived your high school slaughter because she got lucky. Then my rage was focused on her. Things changed yet again when you escaped and kidnapped the dumb bitch again. I came to offer my assistance.”

*Normal POV*

We entered the simple bedroom, closing the door behind us despite knowing that all the bad guys were downstairs. I sat down on the base of his bed and stared at him intently.

“How did you survive, Ronnie?” I asked, wondering just how much accuracy was behind Brian’s words.

He glanced at me over his shoulder before leaning up against the dresser for support.

“Syn freaked out on me. We couldn’t get inside your place because the police were meeting there. The doctor guy was there, too. He was stupid enough to come outside. Syn made me kill him, saying he’d kill me if I didn’t. Turns out he intended to do so either way. He shot me down before taking off to save himself. I crawled to the nearby window and waited until I was securely hidden from him and the police before calling 911.”

My eyes widened as I listened to the truth. I shouldn’t be surprised that Syn tried to kill him, but yet I still am somehow.

“When I found out you were the father, at first anyway, I was thrilled. When I found out you were dead, I nearly broke down. We both know that Syn wouldn’t ever be good enough to be a father, let alone the father of someone else’s baby. I was so scared for her safety,” I whispered, tears gently falling from my eyes.

Ronnie turned around and approached me, rubbing circles along my back and whispering that he loved me into my ear. I clung to his shirt as sobs racked my body, suddenly feeling overwhelmed upon thinking about all the horrible things that have happened.

“I can’t stay here, Ronnie. We need to escape.”

“I know, believe me, I know. But first, just take one second to spend with me.”

He didn’t need to say another word.

Deep down, we both craved each other in absence and in forged death. Our lips met strong and quickly as if drawn together by magnets. Once the tips of our tongues met, our heads bobbed back and forth as the muscles battled inside, dominating one another with passion and, dare I say it, love.

My fingers tangled in his long black hair as I leaped into his lap, my fingers trailing up from under his shirt, running along his torso. I grinded along his crotch and almost instantly felt a verbal vibration of pleasure echo between our joined mouths.

But just as my fingers began working on his studded belt, the door handle jiggled and Chris stepped inside.

“Oh God, get a room!” he cried, stepping back.

Ronnie and I parted ever so slightly and shared a laugh. “We’re kind of already in one, Chris.”

“Whatever…look you guys need to save that for later and get out here. We’re ready to go.”

He didn’t need to tell us twice.

*Nikki’s POV*

The air suddenly seemed to increase in this perilous situation, blowing us around like a fucking flag blowing in the wind. The sun was almost entirely set now and I could barely see the Rev well enough to properly glare at him.

“Do you plan on just leaving us here like this, or what? I’m sure your twig of an arm is getting tired by now.”

“This is just so amusing though,” he laughed. “Even though you try to act tough on the outside, I’d say it’s pretty obvious that you’re shaking with fear on the inside.”

I was about to defend myself – even though what he said was true – but I decided against it.

“What she meant to say was what exactly are you accomplishing from this position?” Pablo added.

“I don’t know who you are man, but this really doesn’t concern you.”

“You’re holding my hand. How does it not concern me?” he laughed.

Anger flashed across the Rev’s eyes. “I really wish you didn’t have this thorn with you, Nikki. It really inconveniences me.”

“Well being dangled over a waterfall inconveniences me. Looks l-like we all lose,” I replied shakily, wondering which word would be the one to cause him to snap.

He nodded briefly before wearing an unreadable, borderline thoughtful expression. “You’re right. Guess we should talk this one out like adults.”

He began pulling us up, starting by reaching for Pablo’s arm and slowly pulling us closer to the top. But he stopped suddenly once I was in reach. He pulled me off of Pablo’s back and flung me to the ground beside himself.

“There, problem solved,” he grinned evilly, suspending Pablo over the falls just by his collar.

“No,” I pleaded, “don’t let go of him!”

“You couldn’t have known this guy that long. I know you’re not that easy, believe me I tried.”

I growled as I slammed my fist into his back. Who’s to say Pablo should be the one to fall? All of my problems would disappear if the Rev fell over.

“Give me your hand, Pablo,” I cried, reaching over the Rev’s shoulder.

Just as our fingers nearly brushed through a strained effort, the Rev let go of Pablo’s arm sending him spiraling down once again, only this time just above a rocky bank.

“PABLO!” I cried out, dropping to the ground.

He just wanted to save me, but I couldn’t even return the favor.

I should’ve been worried about what would happen to me now that I was alone at night in the woods with the Rev, but instead my mind was racing to recall my Spanish vocabulary from the good old high school days.

The moment I heard his body collide with the rocks, the words appeared in my mind suddenly.

“Descanse en la paz, Pablo,” I whispered, not daring to look down at the unavoidably bloody sight.

*Katie’s POV*

My body ached as a mix of emotions raged inside of me. I was still torn up about Aliza’s death as I treated Johnny’s wounds, yet at the same time with that girl’s appearance, we now had an opportunity.

Johnny was relatively silent for the most part, entirely understandable, with the saddest look in his eyes. Once I was just about done wrapping bandages around his arm, he spoke.

“I never wanted any of this to happen. I wasn’t even supposed to be involved before…just at the wrong place at the wrong time,” he cried.

“Oh, Johnny,” I sighed, “you can’t beat yourself up over this. You are a good person, I know you are…Aliza knew you were. We’ll make it out of here and away from them.”

“Do you have a plan or something?” Chris asked.

I shrugged, “Honestly, nothing specific. I just think we should crawl out of one of these bedroom windows and make a run toward one of their cars. By the time they hear the engine, it will be too late.”

“But what about Zacky? He’s still down there too,” Johnny observed.

“That’s the only problem! I can’t leave him here, but we can’t pass up this chance.”

“He’ll find a way out, I’m sure of it. Val’s probably only here to torment Shadows…”

“I sure hope so,” I whispered, having a bad feeling. “Well, let’s go before I change my mind. Johnny, I need you to grab a suitcase and throw some basic health supplies and clothes into it, just in case. Chris, I need you to get Myra and Ronnie and bring them back to this room. Once we’re together, we will leave.”

This was it. This was finally it.
♠ ♠ ♠
in the final chapter: whose side is val really on? what will happen to the babies if everyone escapes? will syn find out that ronnie and myra are becoming serious? will shadows be weakened by val's presence? will zacky be reunited with katie? what will nikki do to the rev?

find out in the finale, expected to come out within the next nine days. brace yourselves!

5+ comments please and i'll try and update asap