You're Cute When You Scream

Nice to Meet You

*Normal POV*

You know that feeling that you sometimes get when you fall asleep during class and then you shake yourself and then you’re awake? Well, I was feeling something like that right now…only I wasn’t in class and it happened because I was having a nightmare. Sweat dripped a little from my forehead and my breathing was a little ragged. I heard some movement next to me and I knew that I had accidentally wakened Randi.

“Myra, are you alright?” she asked, wiping sleep from her eyes.

I shrugged, “I’m not sure. I had this really weird dream…”

She led me to the kitchen and started making some hot chocolate. It always calms me down, somehow. “Alright, spill. I can tell this is more than just some dream. What’s on your mind?”

I sighed, not really wanting to have to tell everything, but she won’t end up giving me much of a choice. “I’ve just been experiencing all these mixed feelings…I’m scared that they are going to escape from jail and find us, yet I’m still reminiscing on times when I first went out with him and how much I loved him. The sick thing is…I feel as if no matter what he does to me I’ll still have some of those feelings toward him.”

Randi practically spat up her cocoa. “WHAT?! God damn Myra that’s messed up. I understand that he was your most recent boyfriend, but c’mon, he tried to kill you. That doesn’t usually turn people on.”

I figured that would be her reaction, hence why I was so hesitant to ever even say anything. “Yeah, I know. But I just can’t help it. He terrifies me, yet I wish I could see him again…”

Randi sighed dramatically before saying, “Be careful what you wish for, Myra. Hey, forget about him ok? We’ll never see his or any of their other ugly faces again. Let’s just focus on getting through the rest of the semester and start some Christmas shopping.”

I nodded and faked a smile…I don’t think she noticed. “Sounds good,” I said hugging her and then finishing of the cocoa.

But as much as I tried to ignore it…the thoughts were still there. I was still in some sick way attracted to him. Who knows? Maybe, if I ever see him again, I can turn him around and we can be who we used to be…and the funny thing is, you wouldn’t think I was talking about a mass serial killer there would you? I guess I’m just insane...or desparate.

I chose not to tell anyone else about my secret desire…I didn’t need anyone else to know. But now I had bigger problems on my hands, like how the hell I’m supposed to get to class in 10 minutes when it takes a good 15 minutes to get back to this particular class on campus. I ran out the door with my laptop bag dangling off my shoulders, a folder filled with papers sticking out in every direction, and my backpack. If I don’t get there on time this week, the professor will never let me forget it…it will be the third damn time this month!

The bodies that I sped past were nothing more than blurs, meaning that I hardly even saw them, which would explain why I totally ran into some guy as I was turning around a sharp corner. And it seriously hurt too, like my ass is super sore, seeing as I just hit the hard, cold pavement. Oh yeah and all my papers were falling down on me like snow. “I didn’t know it was supposed to snow today,” the guy chuckled, picking up the papers and handing them to me. He didn’t seem fazed by the collision at all.

I laughed a little, “Oh, thanks. I’m sorry I was just really in a rush to get to class and I wasn’t looking where I was going.”

“What class are you heading to? I’m new here, so I’m a little lost.”

“Um, Drafting 101. What are you looking for? I can probably help you out.”

He smirked, “Actually, I’m going to the same class you are.” Well, that’s a coincidence.

“Huh, that’s funny. Alright, then follow me, I guess. My name’s Myra, by the way.”

“Ronnie.”

We walked a little more in complete silence…I had to say something. “So, Ronnie, what brings you here?”

He shrugged, “I came from Las Vegas. I got into a few disputes with some family and friends and had to get away from it all.”

“That’s understandable. Well, I hope you like it here.”

“I already do,” he quickly replied, looking me straight in the eyes and smiling.

I felt my cheeks burn a little as I blushed. I haven’t felt remotely close to feeling like this around a guy…well, since you-know-who. Maybe Ronnie will be the solution to helping me forget about what I had long ago with Brian.

The door to the lecture room creaked open as Ronnie and I stepped inside. “Ah, Thompson, I see you’re late again,” the professor said, not even turning around to look at me.

“I, um, have an excuse this time, sir. I was showing a new student around. He happened to be in this class, too.”

He turned around, “That was unusually nice of you Thompson. Alright then you’re excused this time. Why don’t you and Radke take a seat in the back?”

So…his last name is Radke? I couldn’t figure out why, but the name Ronnie Radke sounded all too familiar. The rest of the class, not too surprisingly, went on with boring lectures. Ronnie saved me from death by boredom by passing notes to me and drawing hilarious pictures, making fun of the professor. I don’t care if his name sounds familiar, I was beginning to like this guy already.

*Synyster’s POV* (Earlier this morning)

I don’t get what the point of running is…I mean really, did they forget who they are dealing with here? It took the Rev about three minutes to track down which college Myra transferred to, which apartment number she lives in, and who she lives with. It’s kind of alarming, really, that six criminals can have such easy access to college students. We’ll have to keep that in mind once we’re finished with Myra.

“You know,” Shadows said, “we can’t exactly walk onto that campus and expect her to come running to us.”

“So? Isn’t the chase half of the fun?” Zacky asked, reclining in the Lazy-boy at our new hideout.

“That’s definitely true, but at the same time I just love seeing her have a false sense of security. It makes it that much sweeter once we catch her,” I commented.

“Oooh, I like that idea,” the Rev agreed.

“Yeah, that’s all great ideas and all, but how are we going to do that when she knows what we all look like?” Johnny asked.

And then suddenly all of us smirked at once and turned to face Ronnie. “She doesn’t know what Ronnie looks like,” Matt said.

Ronnie nodded, “So all I have to do is mess around with her a little bit and get her mind off you guys, right? That’ll be easy.”

“Alright, then it’s settled. Ronnie, you’ll wait around for her today on campus and then tomorrow night we’ll make the strike.”

As great as this plan of ours was, 24 hours was much too long to wait. I wanted Myra here now… I wanted to hear her screams now.

*Normal POV*

Well, today sure was an interesting day. I have almost every class with that Ronnie guy and I really got to know him throughout the day. But now that school was over with, I had to go work. Randi and I work at this local CD place called Soundtracks. It’s a tiny shop, but it’s got almost every CD you can think of packed in there. The bell on the door rang as I stepped inside to find a surprisingly empty shop.

I wonder where Randi is? There was a note on the counter…oh, so that explains it. She got invited to a party tonight and she absolutely could not miss it. Well, at least the shop shouldn’t be too busy tonight and I’ll get her salary for today ha! Since I was alone in this place, I decided to put on some Children of Bodom and rock out. That would be why I abruptly stopped head-banging once I heard the bell ring again.

“Looks like someone’s having a good time,” he laughed. I knew that voice – it was Ronnie.

“Yep, you caught me. Being alone here kinda does that to you,” I laughed.

“Well in that case it looks like I’ll save you from boredom yet again today!” he said, striking a superhero pose.

“You got that right.”

As almost every first-time customer is, Ronnie was shocked at the wide selection of CDs. “I could spend all day in here!” he exclaimed, acting like a little kid on Christmas.

Needless to say, about five minutes later he got exhausted and was sitting behind the counter with me. It was 9:50 and the shop closed at 10. I didn’t see any reason not to close early, so I did and now I was lounging on Ronnie’s lap.

“You know, I wasn’t really expecting to find something better in New York. But now I’m proud to say that I was wrong…I found you and that’s a pretty damn good start.”

“Thanks, Ronnie, I’m glad I made your first day here a good one,” I smiled, really loving this new feeling.

Before I could think much more, Ronnie finished of the perfect night with a perfect ending. His lips came crashing down on mine and soon I allowed his tongue inside. His hands moved up and down my sides and my fingers played with his hair. Looks like I found my new replacement forBrian the psycho killer.

~*~
Too bad Synyster didn’t account for romance in his master plan…
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh does ronnie really like myra or is he just a good actor? myra's worst nightmare is about to unfold and it begins in the next chapter!!

3-5 comments for an update