Rubberband Ball

Pink Rubberband

After breakfast, Tyler wrote me a check for the 300 dollars he had promised me. We had exchanged numbers too.

I was walking to work when it started raining.

"Shit," I muttered and hurried to Tony's. Has soon has I walked in, Krista grabbed my arm and yanked me into the kitchen.

"There's a guy here!" She exclaimed.

"Uh so?" I asked.

"No! There's a guy here asking for you!" She said.

"Me?" I asked. She nodded. "Who?"

Krista pointed to a guy with messy brown hair and brown... eyes.

"Do you know him?" She asked. I nodded. "Well? Who is he?"

"His name is... his name is..." I couldn't say. I wasn't believing it. Gaspard, he was back.

"Go serve him!" Krista pushed me out of the kitchen. I walked over to him.

"Hello sir, how may I take your order?" I asked.

"Um, I'm actually looking for someone," He said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Uh, her name is Cammie Myer," Gaspard said. I felt faint.

"I'll be right back," I said weakly. Then I hurried back into the kitchen. "Krista! I can't do this."

"Why not?" She demanded.

"That's the guy!" I said.

"What guy?" Krista asked.

"The guy!" I said. Her eyes widened.

"That's him?!" She asked, looking at him through the door. "He's majorly cute."

"I know! Krista I haven't seen him in six years! The last time he saw me was the day after we had sex!"

"Whoa! Dang!" Krista pushed me out there again.

Tony walked in. "Gaspard!" He exclaimed.

"Tony!" Gaspard grinned.

"How are you doing?" Tony asked.

"I'm doing good Tony," Gaspard replied.

"You seen Cammie yet?" Tony asked.

Gaspard shook his head. "Not yet, I'm looking for her though. Her mother said she works here now," Gaspard said.

"That she does. In fact she's right there." Tony looked at me. My knees felt weak has Gaspard turned. His eyes locked on mine.

"That's her?" He asked.

"It is." Tony smiled at me. "Come over here Cammie." I walked over there.

"H-hi," I stammered.

Gaspard looked at me. "Wow," He whispered. "You're even more beautiful then I remember."

September 3rd, 2001

Gaspard and I walked to school together, holding hands the whole time. When we walked on campus, we got strange looks from everyone. We were juniors.

"Hey what's Gaspard doing with Cameryn?" Alison Philips asked her friends.

"I don't know! She's like freaking ugly! He should be with someone who's actually cute!"

Tears stung at my eyes. Gaspard could tell. He made me look at him. "Cammie, don't listen to them. You're so beautiful, all the girls are jealous. That's why they say stuff like that." He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and kissed me lightly on the lips.


I blushed. "Th-thanks," I stuttered. Stupid mouth!

"I'll let you two catch up," Tony said and left. I bit my lip and rocked on my feet.

"You still do that," He said. I stopped moving.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Rock back and forth on your heels. You did that when you were nervous or bored," He said.

"Oh," I said. "I guess I did."

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I looked at him funny. "What do you mean? Nothing's wrong," I lied.

"Cammie, I know you," He said.

I scoffed. "No you don't. Not anymore. I'm not the same Cammie I was six years ago." I glanced over at Krista who was eagerly watching us.

"Maybe so, but I know something's wrong," He said. "Tell me."

I looked at him, glaring. "Why'd you have to leave? And then come back six years later?" I asked. "You didn't even say goodbye."

"I wanted to say goodbye, but you didn't give me the chance. You walked out of my house before I left," He said.

"Because I didn't want you to see me cry! On the day you left I came back. I ran after the stupid taxi," I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"You did?"

I nodded. "I screamed your name. But you didn't stop."

"I- I'm sorry," he said.

I scoffed. "Whatever," I said and turned on my heel. "You can go now. I've got work to do."

Gaspard looked at me and then left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment <3