‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Blackout

“You’re the new Bella.” Rian laughed while we were on the way back to Baltimore a day later.

“You should have seen him.” I teased, “My big strong man fought off all the 30 year old Disembodied fans looking to fuck shit up.” I went on as I kissed Alex’s temple.

“I am never going to another show with you.” Alex joked.

“Really because I bought us tickets to go see Cattle Decapitation next week.”

“What?” He exclaimed.

“Kidding, I have two weeks to try and find a fucking wedding dress. Though seeing Cattle Decapitation does sound more appealing.” I told him rubbing my chin.

I went straight back to New York, along with Kara and Jack so we could go dress shopping the day after we got home with Jesse, as well as me to spend some time with Zita for the first time in a month. I was hoping I’d be lucky enough to find something off the rack seeing as I had two weeks until I was getting married.

All my bridesmaids for our wedding here had dresses I was the only one who didn’t.
Alex and I had to make a quick decision on invitations as well as find a place for the reception. We had decided on this theatre and performing arts center in Baltimore. Him and I currently were trying to agree on decorating, but that’s another story. “You’re a woman tell her she should do the two dress idea.” Jack and Jesse seemed to both tell Kara while we were on the train.

“If Bella wants one dress just let her get one dress. Men you think you know everything.” Kara laughed.

“This is why I love her more than the both of you.” I told them.

“So who’s your maid of honor?” Jack asked changing the subject.

“You’re sitting next to him.” I smirked as Jack looked at Jesse with wide eyes.

“I’m only standing with her at the alter in Croatia.” Jesse explained.

“My cousins and Kara are going to be my bridal party here.”

“That’s cool.” He nodded.

Dress shopping with Jack and Jesse is one huge headache, dress shopping I heard is hard enough to do but throw the two of them in and it’s even worst.

“Jack get out of the dress!” I shouted as Jack came out wearing a big poof ball of a gown.

“Like a virgin! Hey! Touched for the very first time!” Jack sang as he danced.

“You know stress isn’t good for the baby.” I pointed out, as I looked through the rack of dresses.

“Neither is this dress.” He laughed.

“Bella!” Kara exclaimed.

“Yes?” I said turning my head to see her holding up a dress.

“This one is you.” She said handing it to me and pushing me in to the dressing rooms.

I changed in to the dress, which was beautiful to say the least. It was your typical white gown, but with dark purple floral designs, and straps, as well it having a low, open back, and a dark purple flower at the top of the train of a black nylon. I feel in love with it the second I looked in the mirror with it on. This was the dress, for sure.

“Oh my god,” Jesse said stunned when I walked out.

“You look amazing Bella,” Kara smiled.

“I think it’d look better on me.” Jack smirked.

“I think this is the one.” I told them, as I looked in the full-length mirror.

“It’s perfect.” Jesse smiled.

Two hours later I was fitted, and ordered my wedding dress, shoes, and a veil, luckily the power of paying extra cash would have it ready in a week.

“See that wasn’t that bad was it?” Jack asked me while the four of us went out to dinner that evening before Jack, Kara and I went to Baltimore that night.

“I’m surprised I even found a dress.” I said honestly, “I really thought it would take longer.”

“I think in the given situation the quicker the things go the better. What else do you have left?” Kara asked.

“Dresses for the flower girls, and a cake.” I explained.

“Very nice.” She smiled.

“So have you heard from Niko at all?” Jack asked, as I saw Jesse’s eyes go wide which made me laugh.

“Yup, he knows about everything but me being pregnant. Him and Luka are going to be at the Zagreb wedding cause they can’t make it to the one here.”

“That’s cool, you two must really be good friends that he doesn’t hate your guts.”

“He says Alex really is the only guy out there for me.” I shrugged.

“I think everyone who knows you will agree to that.” Jesse mumbled.

Jack and I took turns that night driving back to Baltimore, we left Kara off first and then I left Jack off before I headed to Alex’s by 1am.

“So how was dress shopping?” Alex asked as I walked in hugging him tightly.

“Done, found a dress and everything. It’s going to be ready in a week.” I told him.

“Good,” He smiled giving me a kiss, “And tomorrow’s your doctor’s appointment right?”

“Yes Sir.” I nodded as we went upstairs to go to sleep.

The doctor’s appointment went fine, everything was good and there were not concerns really just for me to keep taking the vitamins.

“I’m telling you it’ll be the coolest thing ever and you know they’d love it.” I told Alex as we were driving to the mall after the doctor.

“I don’t know,” He sighed shaking his head. “Do you even know which ones they like?”

“I know Sofia loves Sleeping beauty. And all we have to do is call your cousin up to see what Melanie likes. It’s not rocket science.” I told him.

I was currently trying to persuade Alex to dress the flower girls as Disney princesses.

“Come on please, please, please, pleaseeeee” I whined.

“Okay!” He laughed as we got to the mall.

So I dragged Alex to the Disney store and we bought a sleeping beauty dress, shoes, and crown for Sofia, and a Belle dress, shoes, and crown for Alex’s younger cousin Melanie.

“So Bella who’s the huge Sully stuffed animal for?” Alex asked on the drive home.

“Me and the baby.”

“I think the baby will be scared of it.”

“Not while it’s in my belly snuggled up to it.”

“And the fairy wings?”

“I get bored on tour, you know this.”

“I’m marrying a 5 year old.” He mumbled making me laugh.