‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

This city is far from here

“He wanted to go?” Jesse asked in disbelief over the phone the next morning while I was running to the bakery quick to pick up something for Alex and me for breakfast.

“It was his idea!” I exclaimed.

“You seriously got yourself a keeper there.”

“You don’t have to tell me twice. So we’re leaving on the 10th. When do you want to have Bella and Jesse Christmas shopping extravaganza?” I asked him.

“When you get back from Baltimore?”

“Works for me.” I told him as I reached the bakery. “I’ll talk to you later Jess.” I told him as I hung up and went in.

“Alex wakey, wakey!” I exclaimed jumping on his sleeping body.

All he did was let out a grunt, and stirred underneath me.

“You know I’m bigger than you and can throw you off the bed right?” He mumbled.

“Then I kick you out of my apartment.” I retorted.

“What time is it?”

“Almost 11.”

“Why are you awake?”

“Cause I went out and got us breakfast. Come on up, up, up we got a lot of stuff to do today.”

“Like what?”

“Like pack up everything and go to Baltimore, I pushed up the tickets for tonight.” I told him as he leaped up.

“I love you!” He exclaimed.

“Love you too babe.” I laughed picking myself up off the floor. “So is everyone else back home as well?” I asked as we
headed in to the kitchen to eat.

“Yup, we all went home cause we finished recording. Now we have a nice long vacation time till its done being mixed.” He
explained.

“Excellent.” I told him imitating mister Burns.

“Indeed.” He joked.

“You got everything?” Alex asked me as I grabbed my bag.

“I think so. Do you?”

“It doesn’t really matter if I don’t.” He thought.

“Oh yeah.” I laughed.

“You know if we took a plane to Baltimore, we’d have been there already.” Alex whined while I was trying to get some
sleep on the train.

“Too much money, now would you please let me sleep? We’ll be there in less than an hour.” I pleaded.

“But I’m bored”

“Alex.” I sighed.

“Stay up and talk to me, you can sleep when we get back to my place.” He said moving a chunk of hair out of my face.
“I missed you a lot you know.” He told me.

“I missed you too. Life isn’t as exciting when I’m not busy making sure you stay out of trouble.” I smiled. “So we’re going to your parents house for thanksgiving?” I asked him.

“Nope.” He smiled.

“Grandparent’s Aunt’s some for of family member?”

“They’re coming over.”

“So you mean I’m cooking dinner?”

“We are.” He assured me putting his hand over mine.

“Eh I can deal with that.” I nodded feeling my eyes grow heavy again. “Can I please nap just a bit?” I yawned.

“Okay.” He laughed as I rested my head on his shoulder closing my eyes as I felt him kiss the top of my head. “I love
you.” He whispered.

“Home, home, home, home!” Alex chanted as he pulled me off the train while managing to not drop any of our bags.

“Jack!” He shouted after we got off.

“Jack?” I asked confused not seeing him anywhere.

“I’m jack!” I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

“Jack!” I yelled hugging him. “Did you stay out of trouble?” I asked him, as he took my bag from me.

“Only a little.” Jack nodded.

“As long as no one’s pregnant or dead, I guess it’s okay.” I told him making him and Alex laugh.

“I missed you Bella, when can we go on another road trip?” Jack asked me as we got to his car.

“Uhh whenever we start touring again?” I asked.

“Too long, we’ll figure something out.” He laughed.

When Jack left us off at Alex’s house it was almost 2 in the morning. We threw the bags down and ended up falling asleep on the couch cuddle up still in our clothes. The next afternoon Alex and I went food shopping seeing as in four days it would be thanksgiving. I was in the middle of searching for cranberry sauce while Alex was on his cell phone talking to his mom.

“My mom wants you to make a Croatian dish.” He told me, while I was still hunting down the stupid sauce.

“Why?”

“Why?” He asked in to the phone. “She says because the whole point of thanksgiving is to embrace all cultures.”

“But not even my family has any type of Croatian food on thanksgiving.”

“She says it’d really be nice.” He told me.

“Alright, I guess I could try and make something.” I said giving in.

After finally finding the cranberry sauce I went and searched for something I could make, and then I remembered when I was a kid and how much I loved my grandma’s stuffed cabbage.

“That’s it!” I exclaimed running back to the produce isle.

“What’s it?” Alex asked confused pushing the car going after me.

“I’ll make stuffed cabbage.” I told him buying a head of cabbage.

“Uh okay.” He shrugged.

The few days consisted of Alex and I cleaning his house and getting it ready for thanksgiving
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for everyone who has subscribed. Comments? Id love to know what you think of this so far.