‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Divine Intervention

"So what time do you want to leave tomorrow?" Jack asked me while we were eating ice cream.

"12:30 sound good?" I asked.

"Yup, so when do I get the presents you brought back for me?"

"When everyone else gets theirs."

"That's not fair! I drove all the way here to see you."

"You drove here to test drive my christmas present."

"I wanted to make sure it was safe!"

"So its that what you call it?"

"Ugh! I'm going to shower!" He exclaimed storming to the bathroom making me laugh.

"Sometimes I question you being 22." I laughed to myself.

The next morning Jack and I left around 1 and ended up stopping for lunch when we were half way there. I first left Jack at his house before driving to Alex's. When I got to Alex's I pulled up and honked the horn, a few seconds later Alex stumbled out.

"I think I look pretty good in it, don't you?" I laughed, making him smile.

"Hey stranger," He smiled as I killed the ignition.

"I haven't seen you in so long, what's it been years?" I laughed kissing him.

"3 days Bella."

"3 days, a few years same thing."

"Do you like it?" He asked as we headed inside.

"It's amazing, thank you so much!" I told him giving him another kiss.

"Are you tired?" He yawned.

"Nah, I re-adjusted already." I answered, "How about you got to sleep and I'll go to the store
and make us dinner?"

"Best thing I've heard all day." He nodded as he headed up stairs to his room.

I headed to the store and picked up somethings to make burek, as well as some ice cream.
I started cooking dinner as well as answering the five million texts Michi kept sending me. I swear my phone bill is going to be horrendous now that I'm talking to the three of them all the time as well as Denis and Monica. By 8:30 I heard Alex come down the stairs just as I was finishing setting the table.

"Sleep good?" I asked him as he hugged me from behind.

"No." He frowned, "I like it when you're with me." He added making me shake my head.

"So I think I cooked way to much food so can you do me a favor and give Ja-" I began as the doorbell rang. "Jack a call." I finished as I headed in to the kitchen to get the food while Alex went to open the door and probably call Jack.

"Lucy I'm home!" I heard Jack's voice shout.

"Are you kidding me?" I exclaimed popping my head out from the kitchen, "Were your ears ringing or something?" I asked him.

"No why?"

"She just literally told me to call you and have you come over." Alex said giving me an odd look.

"I'm like the spanish inquisition you'll never expect me but I'll always expect you." Jack explained.

"What?" Alex and I both asked confused as I brought out the food.

"It makes sense, so don't question." He stated, as he glanced at all the food. "What the heck is all of this?"

"Croatian meat pie, and rice with vegetables," I told him, "Can't have my Baka's herbal brandy without it." I smiled pulling out the bottle and putting in on the table.

"You did bring some back!" Alex exclaimed excitedly.

"Are you kidding, I brought back a whole arsenal." I smiled.

We sat and ate, while the three of talked about everything we had missed while Alex and I were in Croatia as well as whatever I had forgotten to tell Jack about.

The next day was New Year's Eve, and Rian and Kara were having a huge party that we were going to. I was in the middle of changing into the blue and rose dress that Monica had given me for Christmas when my phone started buzzing on Alex's night-stand.

"Bella your phone." Alex said as he finished buttoning his shirt and handing it to me.

"Hello?" I answered busy slipping on my boots.

"Isabella?" I heard a familiar, deep voice ask.

"Zdravo Niko." I smiled, as I went to do my make up in the mirror, and putting the phone on speaker so I could do my hair and make up.

"Happy early new year." He chuckled as I saw Alex give me a weird look as he headed out of the room.

"Thank you, though I still have another six hours." I laughed.

"I was close what time is it by you?"

"Almost 6:30, how are you?"

"Very good, how's everything with you happy to be back in New York?"

"I would be if I was in New York, I'm at Alex's in Baltimore."

"So did you like the locket?"

"Duh, I'm wearing it right now, I love the pictures you put in it. Where did you get the one of
Luka and I?"

"He has a whole bunch, you'd be surprised."

"Only him, how is he?"

"He's fine, we're all good." He assured me.

"Bella we have to leave in a few." Alex shouted up the stairs.

"Down in a minute!" I shouted back in English.

"I'll talk to you later Isabella." Niko laughed in Croatian.

"Sounds good, tell the misses I said hi." I told him as I slipped on my sweater.

"Will do, bye Isabella." He said as I hung up, and headed downstairs.

"Who was that?" Alex asked while we were in the car on the way to Rian's.

"Niko, calling to wish us a happy new year."

"That's cool, how is he and Luka doing?"

"Everyone's doing good, and according to Monica my family is good too." I smiled looking out the window.

"Good." He smiled as he put his hand over mine.