‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Bow down

"I think I've officially seen you wear more dresses in this one week than I have your whole life." Denis laughed.

"It was this or one of his tee shirts." I explained.

"I like the dress then! I only have just enough shirts. And besides maybe some guy will hit on
you and you can find a nice rebound." Jesse explained.

"That might be good for her." Denis agreed, as we piled in to Denis' car.

"I kind of hate how you two have become such good friends and conspire against me all the time." I sighed getting in the front seat and hooking up my ipod. "Exclusive sneaks peaks of the new Cobra album." I said putting on the demos Gabe gave me on the last tour.

"Enough, I can't take this crap." Jesse whined from the back seat where he was sitting with Niko.

"But Gabe said this song is about me!" I joked as the song "Hot mess" came on.

"No more, we all know you think you're hot shit." He laughed as I changed it and put on The Acacia Strain. "Oh you're just the worst."

"Just cause they hate you and Frankie, he doesn't hate me because of the shirt I wore when we played the Palladium."

"What did she do?" Denis asked, as Jesse pulled out his camera from his pocket and went through the pictures.

"She bought a plain white V neck wore it as a dress and in sharpie wrote on it," He paused my guess was cause he found the picture and was showing it to Niko who started laughing a few seconds later.

"I wrote, Don't hate me Acacia Strain I'm just a sub. I heart you." I told him. "And Vince saw it and sent me an email saying I was cool in his book." I smiled and stuck my tongue out at Jesse.

"So are we going to where you grew up?" Jesse asked me changing the subject.

"That's next week, it's too far a drive to do that today so we're just going to one of the near by islands." I explained.

An hour later we were at the beach, and I was finally feeling better since I slept for part of the car ride. After Jesse and I laid out the blanket I pulled off my dress and started putting on sunscreen.

"New tattoo?" Denis asked me as he saw my side.

"Yeah," I nodded making sure I added extra amounts on my tattoos.

"Well at least she knows where she came from." I heard Niko mumble in Croatian to Denis.

"Very funny," I said rolling my eyes while I watched Niko try and rub sunscreen on his shoulders. "If you sit I'll help you." I told him trying to jump to reach his shoulders.

"Fine." He laughed sitting on the blanket, so I could put sunscreen on him. "Here, I'll do your back." He said.

"It's cool I'll make Jesse do it." I told him as I turned to see Denis and Jesse already frolicking in the waves. "Or not." I laughed sitting in front of him so he could cover my tattoos.

"I'm not used to seeing all these." He commented.

"I forget I have them half the time." I laughed.

"When did you start?"

"18, I got a rosary for my deda." I told him. "So." I began as I laid back on the blanket next to him.

"So." He told me adjusting his sunglasses.

"I hate those glasses." I frowned.

"They look like yours."

"But weird."

"So how come Alex isn't here I thought he was supposed to be here?"

"Ehh" I sighed sitting up and watching the water.

"Isabella,"

"How come you didn't tell me you got hurt?" I asked wanting to avoid that topic.

"I didn't want you to worry."

"Well I don't want you to worry about the answer to why Alex isn't here."

"Not funny." He said looking up at me. "Is everything okay?"

"Depends how you look at it." I quoted Luka.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at."

"Jesse's tight ass." I laughed.

"Why are you avoiding a simple question?"

"Why are you pressing a simple question?"

"Cause I know something up it's all over your face, and it's probably the same reason I didn't
see you without a drink last night."

"I was celebrating." I protested, as he gave me the same look he's been giving me since we were 10 to get me to do something I didn't want to do. "Fine, Alex and I broke up." I mumbled.

"I don't understand, you both were perfect together."

"Perfect until you figure in an ex girlfriend."

"He didn't cheat on you did he?"

"No, he's not that much of a dick." I said as I began to explain what happened.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" He asked me.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" I exclaimed.

"Because everyone could see how you really cared about him and vice versa."

"If he cared about me he would have came to me first." I mumbled messing around with the sound. "Now it's your turn." I said looking at him.

"For what?"

"Why don't you bring your wife anywhere with us? Last night and today? Does she hate me or something?" I asked.

"No, no she loved you."

"Good, I love her she's such a sweetheart." I told him with a smile.

"Thanks." He nodded.

"So answer my question."

"Nows not the place." He told me.

"Bullshit I just spilled my guts to you, that's not fair Niko." I whined.

"Life isn't fair." He smirked.

"Hey princess guess what?" I heard Jesse's voice.

"Uh oh." I mumbled as a few seconds later I was picked up. "Ketive you soul less day walker
let me down!"

"You take South Park too seriously." He told me as he threw me in to the water.

"I hate you!" I shouted to him as I ran after him once I resurfaced, only to have someone grab me from behind.

"Denis?" I shouted.

"Guess again."

"Niko don't you dare!"

"You realize you're like Thumbelina to me right?" He asked me as he went farther out.

"But I'm super tough I fought guys bigger than you."

"Well then this should be interesting." He said as he threw me in to the water.

We all messed around and had fun at the beach, we pretty much spent the whole day there by the time we reached my grandma's house it was already 9pm.