‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Nice guys finish last

“You okay?” I heard Alex ask me as I opened my eyes and saw it was him.

“Yeah,” I stuttered out, completely caught of guard,

“Bella you’re chin’s bleeding, I don’t think your okay.” He chuckled as he grabbed a tissue from his pocket putting it on my chin and standing me up straight.

“Fuck,” I mumbled as I felt him put pressure on it, and I felt a rush of pain. And then I smelt her on his hoodie, and I pushed him away on instinct. “Thanks, I’m fine really.” I said walking to the nearest bench to sit and get my chin to stop bleeding.

“Bella maybe we should go to the hospital you might need stitches.” Rian said sitting next to me.

“I’d know if I did trust me, this is nothing.” I assured him.

“I don’t know tough guy.” Vinny said shaking his head.

“Bella I’m so sorry!” Jack shouted as he finally got down off the statue.

“For this, when Acacia tours you’re going with me.” I told him, “Can we please go to the hotel everyone is staring.” I asked.

“Yeah, let’s just get you some ice first.” Rian laughed as he ran in to the concession stand to get some ice in a cup for me.

The walk back to the hotel involved Vinny holding a cup to my chin while Jack apologized over and over to me, despite how many times I told him it was okay. Back at the room I cleaned myself up, while I sent Jack on a mission to find band-aids and some kind of anti-bacterial ointment. My chin wasn’t as bad as everyone was making it seem, sure my jaw now cracked every time I opened my mouth and it looked like I had a marble under my skin in that area but the gash wasn’t that big I give it a week and I’d be as good as new. Twenty minutes later I was watching TV, still waiting for Jack and Vinny to come back from their mission when someone knocked on the door. I went and opened the door to see Alex standing there in front of me.

“I just wanted to check on you and see how you were doing.” Alex said letting himself in.

“Everyone is making a big deal out of nothing.” I shrugged following him back in to the room.

“Says the girl who still has blood stains on her collar bone, come on I‘ll clean you up.” He said taking my hand and leading me in to the bathroom.

“I was going to shower later.” I mumbled.

“Sometimes you can be so stubborn.” He chuckled as he sat me on the toilet while he grabbed some tissues and wet them, and began scrubbing at my collarbone and neck.

“Thanks for uh catching me before, you didn’t have to.” I stuttered.

“Sure I did, can’t have a crippled tour manager now can I?” He said looking me in the eyes flashing me a smile. “Much better.” He nodded a minute later, and helped me up.

“Alex look I,” I began as he still was holding my hand.

“Yes?” He asked with raised eyebrows as he looked down at me.

There was a moment of silence but I went on my toes to attempt to get to his level as he lowered his face to mine, and in that one second that our lips lingered over each other, his cell phone went off. And guess who it was?

“Yeah sure I’ll see you there in an hour.” He said hanging up, and throwing his phone in his pocket. “Don’t get hurt while I’m gone.” Alex added kissing my forehead as he jogged out of
the room to meet up with the same girl from yesterday.

I punched the bed and let out a groan as I flopped on to the bed only to hit my chin on the hard mattress, as I felt my eyes tear up and I lost it and finally let it out and cried. Sadly with my luck, Jack and Vinny busted in to the room.

“Bella we got you-Bella?” Jack exclaimed as he must have heard the sob I let out in to my pillow.

“I’m not crying! I hit my chin,” I lied not pulling my head out of the pillow.

“I got it from here Vin.” I heard Jack say quietly followed by the door closing.

I felt Jack sit next to me and rub my shoulder blade.

“You know you can’t go on bottling this all up.” He began.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I mumbled in to the pillow while I tried to stop crying.

“Bella I know you’re heart broken, it’s really okay to talk about these things.”

“Last time I did that, I think I gave Luka a heart attack.” I mumbled again.

“Bella sit up.” He sighed as he pulled me up, and he shook his head at me. “It’s okay.” He comforted as he hugged me.

“He came to see me, he cleaned me up, we were about to kiss I started. Then Blondie from yesterday called and he bounced.” I explained.

“Dumb ass.” I heard Jack mutter as I calmed down.

“Can we go out tonight?” I asked him, “Like a group?”

“Is that what you want to do?”

“If I sit in the room anymore I’m just going to dwell and be miserable.”

“Then let me bandage you up and then we’ll get ready to go out.” He smiled, as he pulled out a box of Disney princess band-aids, which, made me laugh. “Don’t think I didn’t hear the stories of you at Disneyland.” He joked as we headed in to the bathroom.