‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Ignorance

"So why are you and Captain wonderful arguing?" Jack asked me while him and I were watching We the kings play later that night.

"We're not arguing, just not agreeing on something."

"Which is?"

"He wants to spend Christmas with me in New York." I frowned.

"Jesus, it's like Alex is competing with fucking superman." He mumbled.

"Alex isn't competing with anyone, I'm not dating Niko, and Alex is clearly over me."

"Yet you kissed him, hooked up with him when you spent the night at his place, he wants to spend Christmas with you, oh and Alex is like Bella here's my balls I want you to keep them?"

"I can't trust a guy who one minute loves me and the next loves getting laid by other women. How many chances have I given him?"

"I know, I know he can't help it. He's... special."

"I think you just like trying to mold my love life in to a TV show."

"Who said I had to mold it?"

"Fuck you too." I laughed, "I just wish everything went back to being simple again, Alex and Bella that was simple and I was happy."

"Maybe if you talk to him," Jack began

"There is no talking to him, whenever I try he seems to do something that pushes me away from him."

"Who knows maybe you'll both get drunk and have sex, after all that is how the two of you first got together."

"See even us getting together was simple!" I exclaimed as I threw my hands in the air and walked off to the dressing room.

A few days later we were back on a plane flying to New York where there was a show that night, followed by a string of three shows ending in Baltimore the day before Christmas eve.
Jesse had come down to the show in New York seeing as I didn't even have time to stop at home before the show.

"So are you driving back Thursday night or are you flying back?" Jesse asked me while he helped me bring in the equipment while the guys were busy with an interview.

"Flying, I'll have to get Niko that night anyway so it's like right after the show I'll fly back and be home by 1am, and then I'll meet Niko an hour later when his flight arrives."

"Want me to meet you both?"

"Yes please." I nodded.

"Alright, so just remind me the day of.”

"I will." I nodded. "And thanks for taking my suitcase back tonight. That's going to make everything a lot easier." I added.

"No problem." He smiled, as we went on to talk about how the European tour went.

"All I'm saying is you should give me my presents now." Jack explained while we were on the bus on the way to Baltimore, the day before Christmas Eve.

"And all I'm saying to you is, it's back in New York I sent it home with Jesse. You'll get it when you come on New Years eve."

"You suck, you hate me that's what it is. You hate my guts you're like running the let's hate on Jack Barakat fan club." He rambled causing everyone to stare at him.

"Doesn't he remind you of the girls on my super sweet sixteen?" I asked Vinny who was sitting next to me.

"Seriously, I'm a little afraid right now." Vinny nodded.

"Okay Jack you caught me." I sighed getting up, "Give me a sec to go get your present." I told him as his whole face lit up.

I headed to my bunk and pulled out my can of spray deodorant, and then tied one of the ribbons I use in my hair around it in to a bow. After that I headed back to the front of the bus hiding it behind my back.

"Here you go Jack, merry Christmas." I told him handing it to him, causing everyone even Alex to laugh hysterically.

"Just what I always wanted." He mumbled.

"Glad." I smiled hugging him tightly against his will, and then planting a big sloppy kiss on his cheek.