‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Mishto

Around six I took a shower finally and changed in to a long sleeved grey and black shirt, dark blue jeans, and I put on a purple knitted hat. I was slipping on my boots, when Niko came out of the other bedroom zipping up the fleece jacket he had just put on.

"You actually own a pair of those boots?" He asked me in disbelief while I was tying them.

"Before you criticize they are comfortable, and really help when running around like a mad woman on tour in the snow." I said defending the reason why I owned a pair of Ugg boots.

"You're such a girl now." He joked as he put on his coat, and I wrapped a knitted purple scarf around my neck as I slipped my jacket on after.

We locked up and headed for the train station a few blocks away.

"Now yes if you think you're smelling piss you probably are, don't look at anyone and ignore any charity, organization, and who ever else is asking for money." I instructed to Niko as we headed down the stairs of the station.

"Isabella it's Christmas Eve." He said giving me a disapproving look as I got us a metrocard from the machine.

"Yeah and this is New York, you get caught giving money they fine you now a days!" I exclaimed in Croatian causing the few people in the station to look at us. "Just listen to me, I've been here for 19 years doing this." I told him as I swiped the card and pushed him through the turnstile.

I followed him and then headed down the platform pulling Niko along while he held my hand.

"Want to sit?" I asked him motioning to the wooden seats.

"I think I'll pass." He said cautiously looking at them.

"Suit yourself." I shrugged, taking a seat.

We talked a little bit while we waited for the train that showed up fifteen minutes later, after the two trains we had to take we finally reached where I had in mind.

"Where are we going?" He asked confused as he looked around as I dragged him down the street trying to note his surroundings my guess.

"I have to formally introduce you to New York the same way my dad did for Niko and I." I told him with grin as we turned the corner, "Welcome to the Brooklyn Bridge." I smiled as the huge lit up bridge came in our sights.

"Wow." Was all he got out as we headed to it.

"We're going to walk across it to Manhattan." I explained to him as we headed to it.

An hour later, the two of us were over the bridge, and had managed to walk to one of the Brooklyn Breweries in South Street.

“This isn’t so bad is it?” I asked him while we ate.

“I can’t understand how this place is so crowded on Christmas Eve.” He said shaking his
head.

“This is New York, everything is always crowded.” I chuckled.

So Niko and I spent Christmas Eve walking around South Street Seaport, and some more of Manhattan before we headed back to my apartment and watched a movie before calling it a night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella's outfit