‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Russian Roulette

The next few days, Jack helped me get ready for the tour and when I wasn’t doing that I was answering calls from Croatia dealing with overly excited relatives who had gotten wind of the news. I also was learning that phone calls weren’t cutting it I was really beginning to miss Niko.

“I will see you in a month.” Niko chuckled to me over the phone. “You have no patience Isabella.”

“I have no patience because I miss you too much.” I mumbled.

“Are you done yet?” Jack whined walking in to my room, “Glee is going to be on soon!” He
went on.

“So you’re leaving tomorrow right?” Niko asked me while Jack plopped down on to the bottom of the bed to play with Zita.

“Yes, and if it doesn’t go fast I’m upping your ticket to next week!” I exclaimed.

“So I can miss the FA cup qualifying that will go over real well.” He told me. “Go watch TV with Jack it’s getting late here. I love you Isabella have a safe flight tomorrow.”

“Thank you, I love you too, have a good practice.” I told him as I hung up.

“You know eventually I’ll just pick up your gibberish talk one day and I’ll totally understand everything you say.” Jack told me was I turned on the TV and we both got comfy.

“I think I’d like to see that happen.” I told him shaking my head.

“So how do you think Alex is going to take it that Niko’s going to be on the road with us for three days?” Jack asked.

Yeah, one little thing that I forgot to mention; this tour we had coming up about a month in Niko would be flying out for a few days. I had triple checked to make sure it was okay in the first place to be safe all my bosses said it was fine so I went with it. Now the only difficulty would be how Alex was going to act when Niko showed up.

“I don’t think he’s going to care.” I shrugged, still having the conversation with my mom in the back of my head.

“Yeah maybe in Bella land where Bleeding through plays all the time and everyone gets along and all ex boyfriends are cool with you bringing your fiancé on tour with them.” He rambled, “You know that doesn’t sound like a bad place to live.”

“See, maybe if you’re nice to me I’ll totally let you be mayor.”

“Awesome.” He nodded as we watched TV.

“So Belly how was Russia?” Vinny asked me as him and I were on a coffee run that morning in the airport.

“Very interesting.” I told him.

“Did you meet that guy with the funny name?”

“Yes” I chuckled, “That was a lot of fun.”

“I think the real question is also, how many of those dolls did you buy?”

“Niko put me on a limit, I only bought five.”

“How is he?”

“He’s doing good, you’ll see him in three weeks anyway.”

“Sweetness.” He said as we got back to where the guys were and handed out their coffee.

“Hey Bella, can you do me a favor?” Alex asked me, in an odd tone as he looked up from his laptop.

“What’s up?” I asked him hesitantly as I handed him his coffee.

“Can you translate this to me?” He went on as he spun around the laptop showing an article on Javno with a picture of Niko and I. I glanced over the headline that read, “Niko and childhood sweetheart engaged”.

My eyes went wide as I gulped hard, “It uh says, Niko and friend spotted in Russia. That’s a tabloid website so whatever they can get they speculate off of.” I lied quickly as I saw Jack give me an uneasy look.

“That’s weird, cause when I put it in to google translate it says Niko and childhood sweetheart get engaged.”

“Well you can’t trust those either, they never give accurate translations.”

“So then why is there a diamond ring on your left ring finger?”

I let out a sigh, “Because Niko proposed to me in Russia.” I said looking down.

“Congrats Belly!” Vinny shouted as he tackled me down to the ground in a hug.

“Congrats Bella!” Rian and Zack told me as they hugged me.

Alex just looked like I had stabbed him, or killed his dog. The flight to Texas was of course awkward between Alex and I.

“He was going to find out somehow.” Jack mumbled to me while I was playing with my DS.

“I know I just, I wanted to tell him in private you know.”

“Meaning you wanted to try and not tell him for as long as you possibly could.”

“Exactly,” I nodded.

“I love you after everything you still try to be considerate of his feelings.”

“What can I say? I’m a nice person.” I told him rolling my eyes.

The first weeks of the tour were rough, Alex constantly made me feel guilty and I couldn’t even explain why.

“I just don’t understand!” I explained in to my cell phone to Michi. “If he’s with Lisa why does
me getting married to Niko matter so much?”

“Well obviously you don’t know what its like to date you.” She said simply,

“And you do?” I chuckled.

“Well I saw the car crash that was Niko after you left him, he probably now realizes how much Lisa sucks compared to you and that now he completely is out of chances and is stuck with what he’s got.”

“That or he figured out that after this summer, I’m gone and back to Europe.”

“Which I can’t fucking wait for!” She exclaimed.

“You know my mom isn’t too happy about that?”

“Really that seems odd.”

“Tell me about it.” I said taking a seat in the back lounge and putting my feet up.

“So when does your fiancé come in?” She asked me.

“That still has a lot of getting used to.” I mumbled, “Two days, me and Vinny I think are going
to pick him up.”

“Very nice, now where exactly will you guys be?”

“Well we’re getting him in Seattle and we’re there for the show and then we’re off to Utah for a day and the third day he’s here we’re driving to California which is where he gets his flight back to England.”

“Three days seems like a cock tease if you ask me.”

“I’ll take seeing him for three days over not seeing him until May.”

“Good point, well my love I better get going. Take care of yourself and don’t let sir dicks a lot get to you.” She told me.

“I’ll try, tell Ivan I said hi.” I told her as I hung up.

“And might that have been your mummy?” Jack asked walking in to the lounge indicating
they must have been back from their pit stop run.

“No that was not my mummy, and stop trying to get with my mom!” I exclaimed. “It was Michi.”

“The next time you call your mom can I talk to her?”

“No!” I shouted to him as I walked up front laughing. “Jack’s in love with my mom.” I stated pulling out a bottle of water.

“That sounds like fun.” Rian laughed.

“Can you possibly talk some sense in to him?” I pouted.

“On your own with this one.” He told me as I frowned and headed to my bunk because my back was killing me