Status: Hiatus.

Maybe You're Gonna Be the One That Saves Me

Kehidupan Sebelumnya

Clayde waited for me putting the books into my messenger bag as he tapped his foot impatiently. Once I slung it over my shoulder, he grabbed my hand and we walked outside the classroom.

During our walk to the cafeteria, I caught kids were staring. Of course they were; Clayde had his arm around my shoulder. Sure, sure. Who would’ve thought the famous Ice Doll would date the loser? I mean he isn’t a loser; he was. He was before I ‘stopped’ the bullying, he was after I was alone. Now he wasn’t since I was close with him.

We made the ‘grand appearance’ as we entered the cafeteria. People stopped talking and they stared at us. I was used with people staring, but not this one. Their stares were different. Their eyes talked. Their expressions explained everything.

“Hey,” Clayde said as we sat in our usual table.

“You guys made the grand appearance!” Paigey said, “Applause for that!”

Chris rolled his hazel eyes. “Paigey, you are the biggest idiot.”

“She’s not,” Sam quickly disagreed.

Chris raised an eyebrow.

“Don’t make that arrogant face, Christian,” I said by his full name.

“Oh, you call this arrogant?”

“Yeah. It’s quite obvious.” I then mimicked his expression.

“Princess, you never showed us you can raise an eyebrow.”

“It’s easy as pie, chicken.”

“Why did you call me a chicken?”

“Because you look like one.”

“Fuck you.”

“Not interested.”

“I think you should stop before any of us throw fists,” Paigey stopped us.

“Right,” I muttered and stole Clayde’s O.J. and drank it.

“Hey!” he laughed and tried to take it back but failed because when he tried to reach for it, the slurp sound was heard. Meaning, I drank all of it.

Clayde gasped. “You didn’t!”

“Yes I did,” I grinned innocently.

“Cheater!” He grabbed my tuna sandwich.

“Hey!” I whined and laughed.

“No, this is mine!” he declared and took a chunk of it.

“Noo that’s the only food I have!” I laughed and I felt the cafeteria grew quiet.

‘The Ice Doll is laughing?!’

‘She’s joking around with one of those losers!’

‘No, she’s dating him!’

‘I don’t care! She’s laughing, for god’s sake!’

‘Dude, 5 months and finally she puts aside her mask.’


Chris suddenly cracked up. All of us stared at him in confusion.

“It’s just funny,” he managed to say between his laughter. “Look at their faces!”

“We don’t think it’s funny,” Paigey doubted.

“Then you’re blind.”

“It’s better be blind than being the head of the cheerleader team and gets fucked by every jock in the school.” She looked over her shoulder and smirked at Eleana Bendersen, her lifetime enemy.

Eleana gave her ‘the finger’ and Paigey went back to us as we chimed an ‘ooh’.

“Not so queen anymore, isn’t she?” Paigey laughed.

I smiled at her mocking-ness and looked at Eleana and her group that were glaring at me. You know, I used to be a part of the group. In fact, I was the ‘leader’ of the group. Eleana’s position. Eleana begins to ‘lead’ them since I avoided them.

I sighed and rested my head on Clayde’s shoulder.

“What’s up?” he murmured.

“Nothing,” I said and smiled in satisfaction when they had the group had their jaws on the ground.

Clayde then put an arm around my shoulder and growled a ‘shut up’ in embarrassment when the others chimed ‘aww’.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was done typing the 12th chapter and I typed 'Alt+F4'. When I was asked to save it or not, I accidentally clicked no so it's not saved. I wasn't in the mood to write so even if when I try to re-write, nothing will come out. I know how the chapter goes but the words don't come out.

I hate it.

And you know what, chapter 12 was really good. Damn.