Status: Hiatus.

Maybe You're Gonna Be the One That Saves Me

Permintaan

I ran my fingers through my hair to make it look a little bit better. I checked my appearance once again by the mirror, and after I thought everything was fine, I grabbed my messenger bag and went downstairs for breakfast.

“Morning Mother,” I said when I reached the dining room.

“Good morning, honey,” she said, as usual, cheerfully.

I sat on the chair where I usually sat and started eating my waffles. “Do I have to go to the doctor today?” I asked, no wait, muttered, after took a few chunks of it.

“Honey, why do you keep asking that every day?”

“Because I’m dying, Mother! You know that!”

“Honey—“

“I’m gonna go to school,” I said, standing up.

“You sure you don’t want to take the car?”

“I’m fine,” I muttered before going to the living room, to the front door, and went out.

I saw a figure was leaning against the gate. I squinted my eyes to see who it was but the sunlight was hitting the person, so it was a silhouette.

By the time I reached the gate, I finally knew who it was.

“Good morning,” he grinned.

“What are you doing?” I asked as I opened the gate.

“What am I doing?” he faked a gasp. “Picking you up, of course! Let’s go!” He then grabbed my hand after I closed the gate and we walked toward the school.

I should’ve told him to not follow me after school yesterday. Now he’s gonna go to my house every day

We were halfway to the school and he was still holding my hand. I stared at our hands, and then to him, who was still rambling about a squirrel he saw yesterday morning. Seriously, he had been talking about it for about 15 minutes now!

“Winters,” I said and then he looked down at me.

“Yeah?”

“You’re still holding my hand.”

He looked at our hands and then to me, quickly releasing it. “I’m sorry.” His face turned red.He was cute.

“Not that I mind, though.”

Wait, did I really just say it? What the heck!

He looked down at me, his face went even redder and his mouth hung open. His eyes were sparkling.

“I didn’t mean that,” I said before he could say anything and walked away.

By the time I reached the school, everyone was staring at me as usual. This time the whispers I heard were different.

I heard Winters and her are dating.

No way! What I heard is that Winters paid her to have sex with him and she agreed!

I thought she was giving him a blowjob.

Prolly The Ice Doll is pregnant and Winters is the father!


I slammed my locker shut, glaring at everyone. They all stared at me, looking scared shitless. I glared at everyone once again before going to my first class, Algebra. The class was still a little bit empty when I got there; only a few students were sitting on their seats already. Mostly the kids that usually got beaten and picked on by the jocks.

I sat on my usual seat and took out a book from my bag and placed it on my desk, and then I opened the page where I last read it and continued reading. The seat next to me moved and someone sat on it. I didn’t bother to look who it was; of course it was Tom—

“Hey Ice Doll.”

-Not.

I sighed and looked to my right. Chris had his head on his palm, his piercing hazel eyes stared at me.

“What do you want?” I asked rudely.

“No need to be so bitchy.”

“No need to be so dicky.”

He snorted. “That’s funny.”

I shrugged. “I made it up. Pretty awesome, yeah?”

“Hate to say this but yeah, it is.”

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm. “How’s Lilly? I’m thinking that you’re back again with her since ‘our’ break-up,” I said, using air quotes at the word ‘our’.

“Jeez no. I found out that she’s a slut.”

“You’re a manwhore.”

“I never fucked you.”

“Probably you’ve fucked a lot of girls in this school, or probably strippers? Who knows. You make the most awesome pick-up lines ever.”

He glared at me.

“What are you doing here, really? Only just to torture me? Or do you want to explain how much you still like me, hmm?”

“Oh yeah. I love you so much,” he said sarcastically. “I’m serious now.”

“What about?”

“I don’t know.”

“Freak,” I muttered and went back to my book, trying to concentrate to read but he kept on rambling and it was hard for me to focus on the book. “Could you stop that?!” I asked in frustration and he smirked.

“Stop what?”

“Torturing me!”

“Only if you do me a favor.”

I groaned.

“Just one favor.”

“I hope it’s not running around naked,” I muttered.

“Close, but no,” he half-smiled. “Be nice to Clayde.”

“Say what.”

“He’s my best friend.”

“I never knew you’d get along with a guy like him.”

“He likes you, Jamie.”

I looked away when he said my name. The way he said my name was like the way Edward Cullen said Bella’s name when they kissed… or something.

“Yeah, he told me he wants to change the ice doll into a warm flower… something,” I said, nervously playing with my fingers.

“That’s what he told me too.”

I looked at him and surprised to see that his eyes were only 2 inches away from mine. This made the others whispering at each other.

“He’s serious about that,” he whispered. “He wants to see you smile and laugh like you usually do… don’t hurt him, okay?”

“What are you, a gay? You’re acting like you’re his boyfriend!”

He rolled his eyes at me when Mr. Earnest walked into the class. “Okay class, let’s start our lesson! And Mr. Anderson, I believe this is not your first class for the day.”

I felt all eyes were on us. “Okay, Mr. Earnest,” Chris said, not releasing his eyes from mine, and I did the same to him. “Do as I say,” he whispered before standing up and went outside the classroom and just a moment later, Tom ran inside the classroom.

“Sorry I’m late, Sir!” he apologized, breathless.
♠ ♠ ♠
chris is going to play an important role in this story.
mmhm.

want to see how they look like?
Jamie.
Clayde.
Chris.
Paigey.
Sam.