Status: Waiting for editors...

If I Was Perfect Then This Would Be Easy

Intro

"Asshole, get your ass over here!" I yelled over Metallica's Astronomy.

The bedroom door opened slightly, revealing Jack's head.

"Uhm..." he gulped. "You're home...early." He exited the room, obviously trying to avoid opening it totally. I eyes him curiously. Shirtless, wearing only his navy blue boxers, his short brown hair a complete mess...

"Early, huh?" I asked and he nodded nervously. "How 'bout you open that door so I can see who else is in there?" He gulped and took a step backwards, his back hitting the bedroom door, which suddenly opened, revealing a blonde girl with blue eyes. Jack looked at the ground, while my jaw dropped. One night. I was gone for one damn night and he had brought this...slut in my apartment. I decided to remain calm and continued to watch the girl.

"Uhm...hi, I'm Angel," she paused for a second, then continued, noticing my cold glare, "I'll be on my way, then. Call me later, Jackie?" He nodded absentmindedly and she quickly went out the door, obviously frightened by me, grabbing her plastic bag on her way. A long moment of silence followed as I looked at the small table in the living room, full of beer bottles and cigarettes.

"Jackie?" I muttered and chuckled loudly. "Dude, this is like...your third this week?"

We burst out laughing and I started cleaning up the table, taking the garbage to the trash can in our small kitchen.

"Aw, come on...the ladies love me! Besides, I'm a sucker for blonde haired chicks with blue eyes," he whined, helping me. "You're probably tired. How 'bout you go get some rest and let me take care of this?"

"Nah, it's okay. I will go take a shower, though. And the 'let me take care of this' part ain't so bad either. "You gonna call what's-her-face later?" I asked, reffering to the third blonde my brother had brought home for the week. He looked at me like I was insane.

"Yeah right. You know me so well, sis. Dumbfucked chicks with ridiculous names are definately keepers." He said the last part with a very dreamy tone and it only made me laugh harder. I loved that asshole.

"Where the fuck is my guitar?" I asked, looking around the living room. "Jack! Where the fuck is my baby?!" I yelled.

"Easy there, woman! I put it in your room. I moved the drum set in that corner and took the guitars in your room. I needed...space." Jack scratched his head and blushed and I cracked a smile as I headed to my room.

"Damn, I'm tired," I muttered, ripping my AFI shirt off of me and throwing it to the side. I wanted a shower. I needed a shower. But I was too damn tired for it.

***

The door shot open as my hand instantly reached for a pillow and placed it over my head, praying to avoid the horrid fate I was in for. I heard footsteps and a light chuckle.

"Very nice, Spades. Very nice. Come on, you'll get enough sleep tonight. Get up!" The last part was not a plead. I groaned and looked at my watch. "Come on, you've been sleeping all morning!"

I stood up and looked at my best friend, who was already searching through my drawers.

"What in God's name are you doing, Alexa?"

She smiled.

"Girl, I'm taking you out. And I promise I'll have you home early so you can get some sleep."

"Yey. Now that most surely made my day," I stated sardonically.

"My sister isn't exactly in a hyper mood," Jack chimmed in, sitting on the bed next to me, pulling the pillow out of my hands.

"Spades Junior, get the fuck out of my room."

"Spades Senior, I am sorry to tell you this, but...tu casa es mi casa." Alexa burst out laughing and Jack took another sip of our famous juice, specially made for curing hangovers. Yup, we had quite an experience.

He hit me with the pillow and that only caused another eruption of laughter from Alexa. I stood up and walked away from the two, who were laughing their asses off.

"Okay, I'm up! But I'll get you for that one!" I yelled before closing the bathroom door behind me. I stepped in the shower and let the cold water hit my skin, which woke me up instantly.

Once I was done washing, I went back in my room and got dressed with some jeans and a t-shirt I found. I tried to make my hair stay still and then walked in the living room.

"Alright, bitch, let's roll!" I screamed, making them both jump from the couch. "Jackie, sweetheart, I'll see you later. And no partying tonight! We've got a show tomorrow."

He mumbled a "whatever" and Alexa and I took off. She drove us to her favourite coffee shop in the whole Huntington Beach and we took some seats at a table.

"Doesn't compare to that coffee shop in Miami, though," she stated thoughtfully.

"That's what you always say. And afterwards, you end up saying that it's even better than Miami. Besides, you didn't even go to Miami that often," I explained.

"Whatever, rockstar." I huffed at the nickname. "So how was your one day trip to Miami?"

"Gah! It was okay. Technically, it was more than a day...It was more like..a day and a night, since I got here this morning."

"Were you succesfull in your journey, Young Padawan?" I burst out laughing at her seriousity.

"Succesfull. Check this out," I said, rolling my left sleeve. She whistled in admiration.

"Dang! That looks awesome!" I nodded, proud of the new sleeve I had just got. "Chris really knows what he's doing, huh?"

"Sure does." I looked at the dragons and other shit that covered my forearm. "Though my favorite one has to be the A7X one," I added, looking at the inside of my right forearm, where 'A7X' laid written and covered with chains. Alexa laughed. We were both Avenged Sevenfold fans and listened to some of their stuff, though not constantly.

"Out of all of your tattoos, that has to be the strangest one." She took a sip of her coffee and looked somewhere behind me. I started talking again, this time about our band and our new songs, but she really seemed to have zoned out staring at that thing behind me, so I turned around to see the object of interest.

"I'm guessing you're watching that guy?" I asked curiously.

"He seems familiar. Seriously, though..." I didn't know what to reply to that and quickly turned around the instant the guy looked at us. Alexa started fidgetting with her watch.

"He's coming this way," she muttered and I shrugged.

"So? It's not like--"

"Alexa?! Alexa Danvers?" Both mine and Alexa's heads shot up and stared at the guy.

"Uhm..I..." Alexa stuttered and looked from me to the dude.

"You probably don't remember me. We used to work in that old guitar shop. The one that belonged to that old asshole."

"Jason, right?" he nodded excitedly and they both hugged each other. Old friends, I guess. "This is my best friend, Ace."

Jason turned to look at me and I shook his hand and caught him watching my sleeves.

"Nice tattoos," he smirked. "I'm Jason Berry. Pleasure to meet you."