Status: Waiting for editors...

If I Was Perfect Then This Would Be Easy

Offer

Brian's POV

We all sat patiently around Fred in the studio, as Matt handed him the CD with appareantly a Blinding Rise song. Matt had downloaded it. Go figure. Unfortunately, he claimed that this was the only one he could find.

After he woke us up this morning at 6 o'clock, having us come over his place, then showing us a bunch of crappy demos he'd received, he finally remembered about the infamous song when Jimmy got really pissed off and came up with the idea of telling Fred about Blinding Rise.

"You talked to Lexa last night?" I asked Rev and he nodded bored.

"Sure thing. Went over to her place yesterday a while after she left Matt's place." Zack and Johnny stopped in the middle of their fight, Matt gave a 'what?' and I glared at him.

"I though you went to the mall," Johnny accused. He went over to her place. Why didn't he tell the rest of us, too?I we would've wanted to go with him, too. Jimmy, however, flipped us off and only commented that she had a cool apartment, then turning to look at Fred.

"Are you guys sure about this? Matt, dude, I'm really not in the mood to listen to shitty music," Fred mumbled and Jimmy silenced him.

"Just listen to this, will you?" But Zack didn't wait for a reply as he pressed play and turned the volume on and the room was engulfed by the ever so recognizable sound of Ace's guitar. I found myself enjoying it quite a lot.

Good morning day
Sorry I'm not there
But all my favourite friends
Vanished in the air


Everyone listened to Cate's mysterious voice. I smirked as all of a sudden all the voices took over the chorus.

If I needed someone to control me
If I needed someone to hold me down
I would change my direction
And save myself before I drown
If I needed someone to control me
If I needed someone to push me around
I would change my direction
And save myself before I drown!!


"Unbelievable," Fred muttered and we all smirked at eachother knowingly. He was so right. All their voices fitted. It was like they sounded so identical, yet very different and you could recognize each voice to whom it belonged.

I banged my head slowly to the rythm and noticed everyone doing pretty much the same. Fred was silent, looking at the ground thoughtfully. As the drums rolled and the song ended, all eyes went to Fred, as he scratched the back of his head. I swear the dude was keeping us fucking tensed on purpose.

"And these guys need a manager or something?" Matt nodded and I snickered as Johnny blew out a breath. My gaze then flew back to Fred, who stood up, grabbed his phone and dialled a number, then placing it at his ear, waiting for the person on the other line to answer. Zack gave me a questioning look and I shrugged. But as soon as Fred's words escaped his mouth, we all high-fived Matt and smiled.

"Hi? Can you get me Larry on the phone?"

Lexa's POV

"Lights?" Cate asked.

"Check," James responded.

"Drums?"

"Set."

"Power chords and other stuff like that?"

"All set."

Corey and I watched Cate and Dom make a short final inventory, as lots of people passed us, most of them recognizing us and waving, grinning and clapping.

"Guitars?" I snapped my head back at Cate from grinning at a small group of people waving at me.

"I'm set," I declared, leaning against the bar counter.

"Same here, my friend," Corey added, throwing his hand over my shoulders and leaning lightly against me. I shrieked as I felt someone slap my ass. Thinking it was Corey, I hit his arm and he let out an 'ouch!'. Only then did I notice the snickers behind me.

"Haner!" I gasped at Brian, who was trying to keep himself from laughing. I glared at him and he wrapped his arms around me. Of course, I once again had to do my best to calm down and act calm, as I felt my blood rise to my cheeks. Yet again, no one could notice.

"Babe, you'll be begging for more of that later on," he grinned and Corey and Cate began laughing next to me. I glared at Brian and he lifted his shoulders playfully, once he let go of me.

"What are you doing here?" Cate enquired after Matt gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I jumped in Jimmy's arms and he laughed.

"First of all, we wanted to spend our time with our best friends." I was truly flattered by Matt's comment. "And secondly, I would like to ask how the hell can I get rid of those stickers off my fence?" All eyes turned on me and I hid behind Brian, who was closest to me.

"You can take them off quite easily," I explained with an angelic smile.

"See? I told you, Shads! Don't need to worry," Zack explained as I continued saying hi to everyone else. The girls all hugged me at the same time. And by all I mean Val, Leana and Lacey. Michelle simply smiled at me.

"You playing here again?" Johnny asked.

"Damn right," Corey replied and laughed. "You know, he's kinda right, Cate." I rolled my eyes as Cate shrugged.

"Dude, as long as I get paid this much, I really don't give a fuck about having to sing in the same place," I added, looking at Johnny, who began laughing along with everyone else. I stopped from my laughing to notice a man making his way towards us. He was sort of average height, with short brown hair and looked more like the type of guy you'd see walking in the park with his kids and his wife. In other words, he looked like a kind man.

"I wonder what that dude's doing here," Corey muttered in my ear.

"Larry, great to see you," Matt said, shaking the man's hand. So he was with Avenged Sevenfold. Brian noticed my confused face and decided to explain.

"That's Larry. He's our manager. We had him come over here tonight and discuss some things with him." I mouthed an 'oh', before Larry introduced himself to us.

"You must be the band performing tonight, right?" I nodded and Cate sat next to Corey and me.

"Well, part of the band. Our bassist and drummer are somewhere...," she paused, waving her hand in the air aimlessly and I snickered, as Brian watched me with a smile on his face. As I heard my name being called, I turned to see Jack somewhere near the stage, waving towards us. I pinched Corey and he woke up from his daydreaming.

"Well, it looks like we have to go," Corey said, looking towards Jack, as well. The Avenged boys wished us luck and Brian grabbed me in a bone crushing hug, not forgetting to ruffle my hair slightly in the process. I chuckled lightly and pushed him away, before Zack came up to high-five me.

***

"Before we get this started, I have a little change to make. Most of you know me as Alexa. Well, that's my stage name," my best friend explained in the mic, as I tuned my guitar, "My mates and I had a little meeting and I finally decided to get rid of that name." She made a disgusted face and Dom snickered. Cate finally introduced herself and we all agreed for her nickname to be Kit. As she paused and grabbed a bottle of water, Dom and I took over our own mics.

"Huntington Beach!"

"Let's get this shit started!!" I screamed and the whole crowd went wild. James' place was yet again full, kids of all ages there to see us. Cate grabbed her mic, while Corey ran to the right side of the stage and I covered the right side. James' newest set of lights really did the trick and got all the fans jumping around, as Jack started the song.

Always keep me under finger
That's the spot where you run to me
Might see some type of pleasure in my mind

Yeah, here comes the water
It comes to wash away the sins of you and I
This time you see


I stood by the mic and provided Cate with all the backup screams needed in the song.

She finally finished the second part of the verses and I jumped in the middle of the stage, as most of the people in the crowd were cheering and raising their fists in the air. I smirked as my fingers flew over the fretboard.

I caught a glimpse of the guys and girls all sitting at the bar. Val was cheering and most of them were banging their heads to the song and having a great time. Matt, Brian, Zack, Jimmy and Johnny looked at us with wide smiles as though an idea just popped into their head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it," I smiled at the guy who complimented me. Corey, Cate, Dom and Jack had ran towards the bar, leaving me alone with my new admirer. Traitors. I eventually escaped my capturer thanks to Zack who came at me and had me walk with him to the bar.

"Great show, Lexa," Val complimented with a shocked face and I grinned, "I really had no idea you were that good. Honestly, I think you're as good as Brian." This caught his attention. I smirked at him from across the bar and I raised an eyebrow.

"Is that so, Val?" he enquired, once he handed some drinks to Michelle and Leana, then made his way towards us.

"Don't be jealous, hun. It's good to have some competition every once in a while," she winked at me and I chuckled. "Oh, I'm off to chat with Cate," she grinned.

"She's awesome," I decided and he agreed.

"You did really good out there," he said once he offered me something to drink. I smiled widely at him. "Seriously, you're good. But if you tell anyone I told you this, I will deny it," he warned with what was supposed to be a vicious face and I laughed. "I don't really go around telling people how great guitarists they are." I pretended to zip up my lips and throw the key, while he snickered.

"So...what do you think about Larry?" I shrugged, not really understanding where this question had come from.

"I don't know. He seems like a really cool guy." He gave me one of his devious smirks and watched as Matt and Larry approached us. "That's good. 'Cause we have an offer to make."