Dreaming Up A Secret

Do Tears Lay Eggs?

I scowled and starred back at her, kinda glad she knew and didn’t seem to disapprove of Aiden and me, but also kinda worried about what she would think about us.
“I came down to open the window this morning,” she smiled, “you two were laying with each other, like little boys.”
I blushed furiously, starring down at my hands on the table, twiddling my thumbs as a distraction.
“Aw, you two are just adorable,” my mom said, which I’m not sure whether it made me feel better…or worse.
I heard the water switch off downstairs and got up, my mom grinning at me. I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs, knowing Aiden would already have clothes on.
“Ronan!” And then I was on my ass.
“Oomph! Aiden! What the Hell?”
“Hey,” he said, nonchalantly, pushing himself off the floor.
As I stood up, I noted he wasn’t wearing a shirt…not that I was complaining…
~ TIME SKIP!!!!!!!!!!! ~
~ Aiden’s Point Of View ~
Ronan and I were seated on the floor at the foot of his bed looking at old pictures of Alice, Tom, him, and me, laughing about all the stupid things we used to do.
‘Hey....
You always seem to catch me when I'm lying
About the stupidest of things
Okay....
Stand there while I stab you in the back
With the words I never never never should have taken this so far.’
Alice. There was a thump as his cell phone, which was set to ‘Vibrate And Ring,’ vibrated right off the edge of the night table where it had previously been seated.
“Shit,” he mumbled as it immediately stopped ringing when it hit the ground.
“Chillax, its ok,” I told him, handing it over, as it had landed right beside me.
He flipped it open, puffed out in frustration, texted Alice back and placed it back on the ground. I picked up another picture, one of Ronan and me right before we had started dating, the day before Alice and Tom had both left. My arm was slung around his shoulder, his small body was leaning up against mine, we were standing together next to Alice and Tom, who were smiling, basketball in Tom’s hands, Alice’s long hair pulled back into a pony tail. I remember that day so clearly. I also remember what a huge crush I had on Ronan; I clung to every word that escaped his mouth, went anywhere and everywhere he did, noticed everything he did with an eye for detail that could only belong to an insanely OCD kid. For all the geniuses out there, that’s obsessive compulsive disorder. Look it up.
‘Everything's gonna be fine. Right?
Everything's gonna be fine. Right?
Everything's gonna be fine. RIGHT?
I CAN'T FIND A WAY TO LIVE IN THIS LIFE!’

Ronan’s phone set off again. He let it drop onto the ground before jumping up and pacing back and forth.
“Ronan?”
“Why can’t people just leave me alone? I’m fucking fine! Just fucking fine!”
“Ronan,” I stood up, trying to stand beside him, which is really hard to do when someone is basically running around.
He was freaking out, muttering incomprehensible hatreds.
“Ronan!”
“I’m fucking fine! I don’t need any help! I don’t want any help! I don’t want anything but for all of you to leave me alone! Just go away! Everyone!”
What an ironic ring tone.
I could see the frustration building up behind his eyes. Then he stopped. Just stopped. Nothing else. He just stopped. Then he turned around and walked to the bathroom, his feet tripping over themselves in confusion. I had absolutely no clue what he was doing, but he didn't seem to care much what I was saying, nor did he seem conscious of the fact that I was even in the room any more.
I heard a door slam and a cabinet open and there it was.
"Ronan," I swung the door open.
He was sitting there, shaking hand complete with razor.
"Aiden! I just don't want to! I can't! I just...."
He dropped it. I pulled him into my arms, hugging him tightly, feeling his tears hit the crook of my neck, right between my shoulder and chin, where his head was tucked comfortingly.
"Shhh," I whispered, "its fine. I promise. I'm here, everything’s fine."
Gathering my muscles, I picked him up in my arms, cradling him like a small child who was crying, just woken up from a nightmare, and carried him back to the bed. He stayed curled in my lap, refusing to let go, though, had it not been under these circumstances, I would have loved to have him cling to me and refuse to get off.
I rocked him back and forth, a brief memory I had of my mother doing to me before she died back when I was a baby, stroking his hair.
“Aid-Aiden,” he stuttered my name.
“Yes baby?” I responded instantly.
“I…I don’t want to. I can’t help it. I don’t know what to do…” he spoke through more tears.
I wasn’t even sure if he was talking to me anymore, I mean, sure he had addressed me, but honestly, his mind could wander so fast, he may not even realize he was in my arms anymore. I watched the tiny tear droplets glisten there way down his face incoherently, a race to his chin rapidly gaining competition.
“Ronan, Ronan, shhh, its fine, shhh,” I half whispered, half cooed lovingly.
I watched as he bit his lip, then gasped in air like a fish out of water, only needing that air unlike said fish out of said water. I traced a tear, joining the race down his incredibly smooth skin on his ridiculously smooth cheek, wondering what it was like to be a tear. Were you awake you were that salty? Did you have to train to be a tear before you could be cried?…Did tears lay eggs?
And that’s exactly why you can’t let me think to long.
“Ronan…do tears lay eggs?”
He giggled loudly, still curled up in my lap, and pulled my neck around his arms. I could feel his lips brush against mine as he straightened his back out to reach me better. His hands cupped my face while my hands supported his waist; his tongue slipped itself inside my mouth. We lay back on the bed together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made it short so I can post like, three right now, so, uh, love me? K?
More comments or some souls will get eaten!
-Evil smile-