Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 17

"I'll see you after school Jonathan!" I yelled to him once the bell rang. I started towards my next class, but went to the bathroom first. My teacher never took attendance, so it didn't matter if I was late.

When I walked out, the hallways were abandoned and pretty much nobody was around. That was how it looked anyways, until I turned around and saw a group of people laughing. They were all pretty big, but I just shrugged it off and continued on to class.

"Aww, look at the little girly," said some buff kid. He was a stereotypical muscle head. He had no neck, his arms were bigger than his head, he had a giant forehead, and he was way too tall to be natural. His guy had an issue and a half, that's for sure.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I asked.

"Aww, she's scared," said another guy. I had just now noticed that I was surrounded by these people. But the person who really stood out in the crowd was Austin. So these are the kids Austin always hangs out with. Scary.

There were a few reasons Austin stood out. One, it's because I recognized him. Two, because he was about half the size of all of these guys, so it was pretty easy to spot him.

"We just want to talk, sweetheart," said another one of them. I gulped.

"Please, don’t call me sweetheart," I said to them.

"Please don't call me sweetheart," they mocked me. I looked over at Austin out of the corner of my eye. He was just standing there, just watching. I started to shake in fear of what was going to happen to me.

"Uh oh, she's shaking boys, maybe we should warm her up a bit,"

"No, it's fine really, I have a jacket in my locker." I said quickly.

"There's no need for a jacket," said another one of the meat heads.

"Shouldn't you guys be in class?" I asked.

"No, football practice was cancelled today," I gulped.

"Oh, well I need to be getting to class, so I'll talk to you guys later," I said, and tried to push past them. Needless to say, they were basically a brick wall. I looked towards Austin with pleading eyes, but when I saw him, he was staring at the floor.

Before I knew it I was pushed against a wall and held there by several different people. I gulped and looked away from the one who was smirking at me. I'd have to say that these people scare the shit out of me. Much to my dislike, the one from before turned my head and shoved his tongue down my throat. I tried desperately to push him away, but it just wasn't working.

"Dude, you guys!" said an over spoken voice. "Leave her alone," Austin said. There were some laughs. "Seriously, Brad, stop!" the guy finally pulled away from me.

"What's up Austin?" he asked. I gulped.

Austin didn't say anything. Instead he looked weirdly towards me.

"Oh, okay buddy," Muscle head said, he lifted me up and I was about to start freaking out and screaming, but he handed me over to Austin, who immediately dragged me off around a corner. After that though, I went kicking and screaming, except he covered my mouth so there was no screaming. I didn't know what was going to happen, and I really didn't want to find out.

"Okay shh, calm down, I'm not going to do anything to you," I realized we had stopped. "What they did was really low, I'll admit." I leaned against the wall and slid down to the floor, where I curled up into a ball.

"Shh, it's alright, they won't get you," Austin said. He sat down next to me and pulled me on to his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and tried to quiet me down.

I realized that for the third time today, I was shaking uncontrollably.

"I'm so sorry," Austin repeated over and over again. After a few minutes, I calmed down and stopped shaking. "Are you okay?" Austin asked, wiping my eyes with my thumbs. I nodded and tried to get up and go, but Austin's grip tightened.

"Let me go, please," I whined.

"Shh, calm down, if we leave now and they see us, we'll both be in some real trouble," he told me. I sighed and relaxed in his arms. "I'm really sorry that happened," Austin said.

"You don't have to keep apologizing, you didn't do anything," I said to him.

"Yeah," he said slowly, "But still, they're my friends and I should have stopped them sooner," he said. I sniffled a bit. "So I'm really sorry," he repeated. I just sighed.

"Well you spoke up before they went farther, so thank you," I mumbled. "Because as much as I don't want to believe it, I'm pretty sure where they were going to go with that," I mumbled again.

"There's a good chance," Austin trailed off. I gave Austin a tight hug. He seemed surprised for a minute, but hugged me back. I sighed.

"We never talk about this again," I said to him. He laughed a bit and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to update this yesterday.
but I didn't

Thank you for reading the extremely awkward update!