Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 18

"Are you ready to go?" Austin asked me. I nodded slowly. "Let's go then, I'll drive you home," he said. He helped me get up and we slowly, carefully headed out of the school. Both of us had class now, but we'd probably get marked absent either way.

The drive back to my house was silent, maybe it was because there wasn't much to talk about, or maybe it was because I fell asleep after about two seconds. Take your pick.

[[Jonathan's POV]]

"Hey Austin…" I said, when I walked into my house to see him sitting on my couch, with Selena sleeping on top of him in a way. "What's going on?"

"I don't know, I was just gonna wait here with her until you got home, but somehow she ended up falling asleep on me…" he said.

"Why are you here so early anyways, didn't you guys have class?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but she wanted to go home…and I gave her a ride home," he told me. I nodded, looking at him weirdly. "Okay dude, I've got to get going, so I'll see you later," he told me. He moved Selena carefully and left quickly. Seconds later, Selena started to squirm around and kick. It made me nervous.

"Selena, wake up!" I yelled to her, shaking her. Her eyes shot open and she yelled. I shot back and covered my ears from the deafening scream. It freaked me out when I saw the tears running from her eyes.

"Selena, what's wrong?" I asked. She shook her head and clasped onto my shirt for dear life. I just wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back, sighing lowly. "Did you have a bad dream?" I asked, I felt her nod against my chest. "Tell me about it," I said to her.

"Just something happened today, I had a bad dream about, it's nothing," she said, wiping her eyes.

"Please tell me?" I said. She just shook her head and I sighed. "Fine, but I'll find out eventually." She nodded and I sighed one more time.

**************

"Did you hear what Austin and your 'sister' did?" Craig asked. We were currently sitting around at the lunch table.

"No, what did they do?" I asked.

"I heard that they…" he gave me enough gesture to realize what he was talking about. Something clicked in my head, and my blood started to boil.

"Whoa, dude, you're turning red," Craig said, with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Ugh, sorry," I told him. I tightened my fist together and sighed frustrated.

"Jonathan, calm down, nothing says that it's true," Kyle interrupted my angry thoughts.

"But-she's still my sister!" I yelled.

"Nothing says that there's any truth to this!" Kyle tried again.

"She's my sister though," I said, frustrated out of my mind. "I'm not supposed to let her do things like that!"

"Maybe she didn't!" Kyle defended her again.

"How would you know? Really, Kyle?" I asked.

"Calm down, dude," Kyle said. "You can't believe everything. You should know that better than anybody," he said angrily and walked away.

I stood up as well, walking in the opposite direction, in search of somebody. I walked around for about ten minutes of lunch before I finally found who I was looking for.

"What did you do to my sister?" I yelled at him.

"I-I didn't do anything to her," he stuttered out.

"Then why did she start bawling after you left yesterday?" I asked.

"I- it's not my place to tell you," he stuttered again.

"I don't care if it's your place, tell me," I said to him.

"Well, uh, my friends-they tried to um, yeah…" he said.

"What did they try?" I asked him.

"I can't tell you," he mumbled. "It's just not my place," I said.

"Then I can't believe you," I said to him.

[[Selena's POV]]

"Selena!" I heard somebody calling my name. I looked up to see Kyle making his way towards me.

"Hey Blondie," I smiled at him.

"You have to go find Austin," he said. The air was caught in my throat. Did somebody tell him about that?

"What happened?" I asked.

"Jonathan heard something that didn't make him too happy. And now he may very well be on his way to kill Austin," he said quickly. My eyes widened. "Yeah, hurry up!" he said, pulling me up. I ran to where I've found Austin to eat lunch.

Sure enough, there was Jonathan, with an angry look across his face, standing up in Austin's face. Austin had a look of fear across his face.

"Jonathan!" I yelled to him. He looked my way and he seemed to tense up a bit from what I could see. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm having an innocent conversation with Austin," he said.

"I already talked to Kyle, so don't try that," I told him.

"Fine, I want to know what happened with you and Austin?" he said sternly.

"Nothing happened," I said.

"That's not what everybody else is saying," he mumbled.

"Do I have to remind you about the first three months of school? Jonathan, not everything is true, especially not when it comes from the mouths of these idiots," I said, mumbling that last bit.

"Then, why were you crying after he dropped you off?" he asked. "Normally people are either really happy crying, or somebody/ something hurt them,"

"I was upset. Something happened, but it's far from Austin's fault," I said, looking towards Austin.

"Please, will somebody just tell me what happened?" I asked.

"Is it okay if I…" Austin started. I sighed and nodded. "Well my friends, you've seen them and know what they're like, and well yesterday they saw her walking, and decided that they wanted to 'get to know her better'," he said using air quotes.

Jonathan's face turned to one that I never wanted to see on him. Ever. It was slightly terrifying to see. "You just let that happen?" Jonathan said angrily. Austin shook his head quickly.

"No, I just had to pretend that I was gonna…you know, so that they'd let her be. Then we just sat around."

"Well thanks for helping her, but man…this is a heck of a mess," Jonathan sighed.

"Sorry," I mumbled. Jonathan looked at me sweetly and smiled, ruffling my hair some. I laughed and swatted his hand away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this kinda sucks. It sort of makes me want to kick myself for writing it.
Anyways, I'm sick and this will probably be the last update until I'm out of the sick zone.
Because my mind doesn't function well when sick.

Anyways, thanks for reading.
Comments are greatly appreciated.
Thanks