Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 19

"Are you excited for school today?" Jonathan said loudly, bounding into the kitchen.

"Jonathan, sweetie, please calm down," his mother said. He shrugged a bit, but calmed down none the less.

"So are you?" he repeated, looking towards me.

"There's a problem with that sentence," I said.

"What?" he asked.

"School and excited shouldn't both be in there," I told him.

"Oh come on, you know you love it, and you get to see your lover boy," Jonathan laughed. I looked at him strangely.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Oh, nothing," he said innocently, skipping towards the door.

"Tell me," I whined.

"It's nothing, really, you're just as blind about it as lover boy is," he laughed.

"Who is lover boy? Why are you torturing me like this?" I whined.

"What ever are you talking about?" he said sweetly.

"Tell me, or I'll throw my shoe at you," I told him.

"Ooh, threatening," He said sarcastically, "maybe if I hadn't seen your aim, I'd take that to heart," he laughed. We both exited the house, and he continued to skip down the street.

"Are you gonna tell me?" I asked.

"Nope," he smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"Why not?" I whined.

"Because, you're not worthy," he laughed.

I just rolled my eyes and sulked for the rest of the walk to school. I added in a whine every now and then to try and convince him to just tell me. No such luck.

"Bye Jonathan," I yelled to him, as we both went off to class. When I walked into science class, I looked towards my empty lab table. When I saw that it was, in fact, empty, I decided to go sit by Caleb for awhile before class.

"Hey Shortie," he laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh it up, someday, you'll be short and fat, and you're gonna be jealous, because I'm a super model," I laughed. I knew it wouldn't happen, but hey, a girl can dream right?

"Okay, sure," Caleb laughed. "Whatever helps you sleep at night," he added. I rolled my eyes.

"Since, you're being so mean, I'm just gonna go take my seat," I said, crossing my arms.

"Is that a threat or a promise?" he asked laughing. I stuck my tongue out at him, and took my seat, because the bell was going to ring soon.

Right before said bell rang, Austin came running into the room, skidding to a stop. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Hey Austin," I said to him as he sat down next to me. He didn't say anything; he just kept his eyes on his hands, which were drawing circles on the desk. "Hello?" I repeated, waving my hand in front of him. He just pushed my hand away and glared at me.

"Are we really back to that?" I asked him. He just continued to glare. I rolled my eyes at him and flicked him.

"Hey, what was that for?" he asked in an angry, whining voice.

"For being retarded," I told him.

"How was I being retarded?" He asked, "I thought I was being just wonderfully smart," he said, sarcastically again.

"Sure, but you're being moody again, so whatever," I sighed. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked away. When he wasn't looking I started to make faces at him behind his back. It's really immature, but hey, he's moody.

I looked over at Caleb for a second, to see that he was trying to hold back a laugh. I continued to make faces at Austin until the teacher walked into the classroom.

"Selena, stop making faces at Austin and take out your homework from last night," he said to me. I turned around quickly before Austin had a chance to see me. He turned around and glared at me.

"Oh, that's real mature," he rolled his eyes.

"I try," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading...
I just thought I should update this before I leave on Wednesday
And I may or may not be busy tomorrow
I don't know.

But again, thanks for reading the lameness