Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 23

"What's there to do on a Saturday night?" Jonathan asked me, sighing.

"I don't know, I'm just as bored as you are," I laughed.

"Give ideas," he said.

"We could fill balloons with paint and go from there," I started. He just shook his head. "We could throw a giant dance party," I said and broke into a little dance.

"Nah, I don't really feel like dancing tonight," Jonathan sighed.

"We could go toilet paper somebody's house," I offered up. He gave me that 'why would you even mention that' look and I sighed.

"We could get balloons and play darts with them," I said. He shook his head.

"It's a lot easier to shoot down ideas when you don't have any," I told him. He shrugged and laughed it off.

"You wanna play scrabble?" I asked him. He thought about it for a second and agreed. I sighed and got the game out of the closet.

"Okay, you can go first," I told him after we got the game set up. I looked at the clock as he thought. It was only about 7:20.

"Okay, done," Jonathan announced. I looked down at the board to see that the little wooden letters spelled out 'John Cook Rules'. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"How did you even do that so fast?" I asked him.

"I've got skill," he said proudly. He laughed and took out the 'John Cook' part and just left the word, rules.

I looked at the letters sitting on my little thing and sighed. I couldn't make a single word with these letters.

"Can we play battleship instead?" I asked.

"Why, you got nothing?" he asked. I nodded slowly. "Fine, but only because I love you, like my little sister," he laughed.

"Awesome," I laughed and grabbed battleship while he put away all the pieces into the Scrabble box.

"B-1," Jonathan said.

"Miss," I said.

"A-7," I asked. He groaned.

"Hit," he sighed. "Um, D-4?" he asked, hope in his voice.

"Miss," I said to him, "A-8," I said.

"Hit," he mumbled. "J-8," he said.

"Miss, yet again," I said to him.

"A-6," I smirked as he sighed again and put the little red piece onto his ship.

"You sunk my…little ship," he said. "B-9?" he asked. I shook my head.

"G-5," I said. He sighed one threw one of the little pieces.

"I quit, you cheat, how are you doing that?" he asked.

"The mirror behind you," I laughed, putting my board away. He gaped at me as I walked into the kitchen.

"CHEATER!" he yelled.

"Sorry Jonathan, but you make it just that easy," I said. I stood in the kitchen for a second before I thought of something to do. I picked up the phone and called Caleb.

"Hello?" somebody said into the phone. I was thankful that it was Caleb that answered.

"Hey Caleb, what's up?" I asked.

"Hey Selena, nothing much, just chilling," he said.

"Is there anybody at your house right now?" I asked.

"Um, Austin and his sister is all, why?" he asked. I told him my plan and he laughed a bit.

"I don't know if that will work," Caleb said. "Austin can be pretty stubborn," he warned me.

"I know, but what good is it if I don't try?" I asked.

"Good point I suppose. So, just come around 9:30 then, Austin's parents are gone for the weekend and his sister will be no problem. Just remember though, I had nothing to do with this," he said.

"Got it," I said to him. "You had nothing to do with it," I laughed.

"Thank you, now please just remember that," he sighed.

"Yes sir Caleb," I told him, laughing. "Bye," I laughed.

"See yah," he said. We both hung up the phone. I looked at the clock once more. It was now only 7:35, and I had about another two hours to kill.

"Oh, so the cheater returns to the scene of the crime," Jonathan said as I walked back into the living room.

"Aww, will you ever forgive me Jonathan?" I asked.

"I don't know," he said.

"I'm sorry that I cheated, and I promise to never cheat again," I laughed.

"Only if you promise," he said.

"I promise," I repeated.

"Then fine, I forgive you," he said. "So what do you want to do now?" he asked me.

"I don't know, I've got two hours to kill," I sighed.

"Two hours until what?" he asked.

"Until something…" I said to him, unsurely.

"Til what?" he asked.

"I don't know,"

"Tell me or I'll become like a watch dog, and you won't leave this house," he said. I knew that he wouldn't become that bad about it, but he probably wouldn't let me leave the house. I sighed and told him my little plan.

"And Austin knows nothing about this?" he asked when I was done explaining it to him.

"He shouldn’t, no, unless Caleb told him already. I just came up with the plan like twenty minutes ago," I said to him.

"Oh, well good luck then," he said. I thanked him. "You wanna watch a movie while you wait?" he asked. I laughed and agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't gonna update, but I figured since it's Jonathan's birthday, why not?
So I came home and started working on this and the other story.
All I have to say is, I really need a nap.

Anyways, thanks for reading if you read it.