Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 25

“So what are you gonna do when we get out of here?” Austin asked.

“You make it sound like we’ve been in prison for twenty years,” I laughed.

“So, it’s been a long time now!” He whined. I looked at his clock and chuckled a bit.

“Are you sure about that?” I asked.

“It seems like it has been,” he sighed.

“It’s been a grand total of half an hour,” I told him.

“Seriously?” He whined, “this is torture,” he whined some more.

“Oh gee, thanks, I feel so loved now,” I faked cried, putting my head into my hands to hide the smile that was taking over my face.

“I didn’t mean it like that, I just mean, I mean…I don’t know what I mean, and you’re using my words against me!” he complained.

“I wouldn’t think of such a thing,” I told him.

“You don’t have to think about it! You’re an evil genius!” He yelled.

“Hey, shut up you guys,” There was a loud knock on the other side of the door, “Some of us are trying to watch a movie out here!” There was a chuckle from Caleb’s lips on the other side of the door.

“Shut up ginger!” Austin complained, “I’m hungry,” he said loudly.

“I don’t know what to tell you,” he said.

“Tell me that you can find some way to get me food in here, and the girl too,” he added the last bit after a moment.

“The only think that I’d be able to get under the door is…I might be able to get some pizza under there,” he said.

“But then it’ll taste like floor,” he complained.

“I’ll put it in a bag,” Caleb said. You could hear all the annoyance in his voice.

“Aww, am I annoying you?” Austin said, like he was talking to small child.

“A bit, yeah,” Caleb told him.

“That sucks, you shouldn’t have locked me in here,” he laughed back.

“Oh well, it’s in the best interest of people around you,” Caleb sighed.

“What people could this possibly be better for,” Austin asked.

“Look around,” Austin looked around the room.

”There’s nobody in here, except for Selena,” he said.

“Yeah, you let that soak in for awhile, I’ll try to get you food,” Caleb said and the foot steps, once again, faded away. Austin looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. I simply raised mine and looked at him oddly.

“I don’t get it,” Austin mumbled. I sighed and shook my head.

“So what do you want to do while we’re stuck in here?” I asked him.

“Um, I don’t know, all I have is TV. All of the movies and video games are in the basement,” he said. “Or, I have a couple books if you’d prefer,” he said.

I took a look at his bookshelf. I laughed when I saw it.

“Austin, this looks like the books that my third grade teacher had on her shelf,” I told him.

“Okay, so I haven’t update my book collection in awhile, I’ve been busy,” he defended.

“You’ve been busy for the past seven years of your life?” I asked, laughing a bit. He just smiled at me and shook his head.

“Yeah, you know, I flew to the moon, got most of my education up there, made a few alien friends, I had a pretty great experience in life,” he joked.

“My eighth grade science teacher was convinced that she was abducted by aliens,” I told him.

“No way, seriously?” He laughed.

“Yeah, she also fought for the belief of unicorns and has theories on why vampires exist,” I told him.

“No joke,” he laughed. I shook my head, “That’s hilarious!” he said.

“It freaked so many people out, after the first two weeks our class was down to about half of the original size because so many people transferred.” I told him. He laughed a bit.

“So,” he started after he had stopped laughing, “What do we do?”

“Wait for Caleb to shove food under the door,” I laughed.

“Slim to none chance that he does,” Austin informed me.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“He’s probably already fallen asleep on the couch,” Austin sighed. “Lucky for me though, I’m a typical guy and I keep a spare bag of chips under my bed.” He said and pulled out a big bag of Doritos. I looked at him oddly and raised an eyebrow.

“Wow, Jonathan does the same thing,” I said, scrunching my nose.

“Hey, a guy’s gotta eat,” he said laughing. I rolled my eyes a bit. “Want some,” he offered the bag of chips, I just looked at it for a moment and shook my head.

“Come on,” he insisted, “I swear, they’ve only been under there for like two days, they’re not expired, and I just opened them like five seconds ago,” he said. I simply shook my head again.

“I’m just not hungry, I ate before I came over here, good thing I did too,” I laughed.

“Yeah, this sort of thing happens somewhat often, most times it’s when my parents aren’t home and Caleb is bored,” he laughed. “But apparently he has a new reason now,” he said and gestured to me.

“Hey, I never asked to be locked in a room,” I said.

“I never said you did,” he smiled at me. I sighed and gave a light smile back to him.

“I’m tired,” I said, yawning. I looked at the clock and it was approximately 10:30 now.

“Then go to sleep, you might want to use the phone and call Mrs. Cook so she doesn’t worry,” he told me. I nodded. I picked up the phone and called her.

“Hello,” Jonathan answered the phone.

“Hi, let me talk to your mom,” I said. He sighed.

“Why?” Jonathan asked.

“I have to tell her where I am so she doesn’t worry,”

“Where are you, exactly?” he asked.

“Just give her the phone.” I heard him mumbled some words away from the phone.

“Her nails are wet, so you’re on speaker,” he told me. I sighed.

“Hi,” I said, making sure that she was actually there.

“Hello dear, what did you need?” she asked.

“I won’t be able to make it home tonight,” I told her. She gasped.

“Why not, are you drunk? Are you with a boy at a party?” she started throwing out random things.

“No, I am with a boy, but I’m stuck here. Austin and I got locked in his room and we can’t get out until his parents get home tomorrow,” I sighed.

“How do I know that this is true?” she asked.

“Caleb tried to open the door, but he couldn’t,” I sighed.

“How do I know if that is true,” she repeated in a different manner.

“You’re just gonna have to trust me,” I sighed.

“Fine, but I’m sending Jonathan over there to watch out for you,” she said.

“What?” Jonathan yelled, not exactly liking the idea.

“She’s stuck in a room with Austin and she won’t be able to make it home tonight,” she whispered.

“I’ll be there in five minutes,” Jonathan said, using his ‘I’m an older brother, fear me’ voice. I sighed.

“Okay,” I said. “Bye,” and hung up the phone. I yawned again.

“Just go to sleep, I can pretty much guarantee that you’re not going anywhere tonight,” he sighed.

“Okay, goodnight Austin,” I said, laying down on the floor.

“What are you doing?” Austin said, picking me up from off the floor.

“You just said I could sleep, I was planning on doing so,” I said to him

“Oh no you’re not,” he said.

“Why?” I asked.

“You’re not going to sleep on the floor,” he said.

“I promise I won’t infect it,” I sighed tiredly.

“That’s not it, I may be a jerk at school or public in general, but at home I was raised right, and I couldn’t let you sleep on the floor,” he said. “I’ll sleep on the ground, and you take the bed.”

“No, I don’t want to take the bed, it’s yours, so you should sleep in it,” I sighed to him.

“No, use the bed,” he warned.

“Or what?” I asked.

“I’ll hold you down there,” he said.

“No you wouldn’t.” I challenged.

“Fine,” he said. Next thing I know he has a hold of my waist and I’m basically pinned, by the waist, down to the bed by Austin’s arm. “You ready to sleep like this?” he asked.

“I think so,” I rolled over, still under his arm, and went off to sleep. “Goodnight,” I mumbled, right before I fell of into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I updated this, because I'm that awesome.
I'm in my brother's room while he's at school and it smells bad.
Anyways, I'll update the other story some other time because I don't feel like thinking of dramatic stuff right now.

Thanks for reading that's all folks!
Elvis has left the building.