Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 26

"Selena, are you awake yet?" Somebody said nudging me. I opened my eyes slowly to see the walls of Austin's bedroom. I blinked a few times and then noticed a strong grip around my waste. I blinked again and rolled over to the best of my abilities to come face to face with Austin.

"You're awake," Austin mumbled a bit.

"Yeah, thanks to you, why is your arm around my waste?" I mumbled my question.

"Because- this bed wasn't made for two people, and uh-, I figured if I'm going down, you're going down with me," he said, taking short pauses occasionally.

"Okay then, so what time were your parents supposed to get home?" I asked.

"I don't know, they don't tell me these things, they come home when they feel like it," he mumbled.

"They don't tell you at all?" I asked.

"No they're afraid that if they come back at a set time, that something bad will happen, so they come back at random times to 'surprise' us," he mumbled, not completely awake yet.

"Oh, so what do we do?" I asked.

"Hey sleepy heads," Caleb said, walking into the room.

"What the- I thought the- what's going on?" I asked. Caleb grinned mischievously and held up a small key.

"Dude, you had the key the whole time?" Austin said, now completely awake.

"Yeah, did you really think that after everything, that your parents would take the key with them?" he laughed, putting it on Austin's dresser.

"Actually yes, I did," He said loudly.

"Wow, you're smart," he laughed.

"Caleb," said another voice. "You seriously had the key the whole time?" Jonathan walked into view.

"Yes, but why should you care," Caleb laughed.

"Because I had to stay here all night," he said.

"Are you kidding, I couldn't get rid of you," Caleb said.

"Because I'm not leaving my baby sister here," he said, I rolled my eyes.

"Then no complaining," Caleb said. "Besides, I think I'm good company," he said, laughing.

"Yeah, you'd be fine, if you didn't make me play monopoly until three in the morning," he said.

"It teaches good business skills," he laughed. "I'm trying to help you become a prominent business man," he said.

"Such a smarty pants," Jonathan laughed. Everybody stared at him, "What?" He asked.

"Did you really just say smarty pants?" I asked him.

"NO," He said loudly, and unconvincingly, "I wouldn't do that, because I'm a man!" he said.

"Right," I mumbled.

"At least we can leave the room now," Austin sighed. "I don't know how much longer I could have sat around in here,"

"Hey, I'm not that bad," I told him.

"You snore," he laughed. I flicked his nose. "No, you really don't, but still," he laughed.

"Whatever, where's the bathroom, I've really gotta go," I said, hopping around.

"Down the hall," Caleb laughed pointing. I pushed past them all and ran into the bathroom. I came out a minute or so later.

"Feel better?" Jonathan asked.

"Much," I assured him.

"Well, we gotta go, Mom said that we have to go as soon as you get out of there," he said and pointed to Austin's room. I sighed.

"Yeah, okay, let's go," I said.

"Bye," Caleb said.

"Yeah, bye," Austin mumbled.

"Bye Caleb," Jonathan said for both of us.

"Bye Austin," I said to him, "Thanks for letting me use the bed," I said and kissed him on the cheek, running to the car. I'm not sure why I did that, but maybe I don't mind it.
♠ ♠ ♠
It would have been longer, but my wrist hurts because of shot put.
But hey, I made the team, and I'm excited about it.
Plus, I kind of like how this chapter ends anyways, but maybe it's just me.

Thanks for reading!!!!
Comments are appreciated