Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 31

"What kind of ice cream do you want?" Austin asked me.

"I'm seriously fine, you don't have to get me anything," I insisted.

"Nonsense, we're here now, just get something," he laughed.

"It's fine, really," I said.

"No, it's not, because if I don't buy you something you'll end up eating mine," he laughed.

"How would you know?" I asked him

"Because I know you, and you would," he said to me. "Just think of it as a peace offering," he said

"But we're pretty much already peaceful," I laughed.

"Do you like chocolate?" he asked randomly. I thought about it for a moment and figured out what he was trying to do.

"No, I hate chocolate, it's like the scum of the earth," I told him.

"Good," he said and turned to the worker, "She'll have a chocolate thinga-ma-jig," he said, pointing to something. A minute later, the worker came back with two ice creams. One of them was huge and loaded with candy and then there was mine, which was just a small chocolate.

"That's a lot of ice cream," I laughed.

"A man's gotta eat," he said, making odd grunting noises. I just laughed at him. "now the important part, where are we gonna eat it?" he asked. I simply shrugged.

"We eat it out here, in the nice, hot sun," he said and gestured to the sky, "Or we can go to my house and bother Caleb, that's always fun," he laughed.

"I'm up for option two," I told him.

"Let's go then." He smiled widely. He linked our arms and we skipped down the street. It took us about ten minutes to get to his house.

"Caleb darling," Austin said, bursting into the house. "Honey, where are you?" he said, in a fragile voice. He turned to me.

"Look's like Caleb isn't here," he said and ruffled his eyebrows. He rushed into the kitchen for a moment and then came running back out. "Caleb is at the gym," Austin said, giggling a bit.

"Why is that so funny?" I asked.

"Because, it's an inside joke," he said.

"Okay then," I smiled at him.

"So pop a squat on the couch," he said and patted the cushion of the couch. I sat down next to him as he started to go back to work on his ice cream. I had finished mine on the walk home and he was still going.

"Want some ice cream?" he asked, holding out the spoon full of ice cream. I shook my head.

"No thanks," I said to him, "But thank you for the other ice cream,"

"But it's too much and I can't eat it," he whined.

"I'm sorry," I told him.

"Eat it," He said loudly as stuck the spoon full of ice cream to my nose. And when he released it, it stayed there. He started to laugh hysterically.

"Funny," I mumbled. "Can I have a hug?" I asked him. His smile fell.

"What are you going to do?" he eyed me questioningly.

"I'm not going to do anything, I just want a hug from my friend," I smiled at him, standing up. He smiled lightly and stood up as well, pulling me into the hug. I took this opportunity to nuzzle my face into his shirt. Seconds later, I pulled away, "See, and was that so bad?" I asked. He shook his head. I picked the spoon back up and sat down on the couch.

I sat there and played with the spoon for a moment, before sticking it back in his ice cream.

"Okay then," he said. I grabbed the spoon again and stuck the spoon to his face this time.

"Oh, that's so not cool," he said.

"You had it coming," I laughed.

"You already wiped it on my shirt," he whined, gesturing to his shirt.

"Oh, so you actually noticed that," I said.

"Yeah, it's pretty hard to miss, I'm not an idiot," he said.

"All my thoughts were wrong," I laughed.

"Funny," he said. "You missed a spot anyways," he said, wiping the ice cream off of his face.

"Oh really, where?" I asked.

"On your face," he said in a 'duh' voice.

"Where on my face, can you get it for me?" I asked.

"Sure, but you might not like how I get it," he said.

"As long as you don't lick my face, I'm fine," I said, he smiled widely.

The next thing I know, Austin's lips were on mine. It was soft and unexpected, but I really liked it. He pulled away a moment later, smiling from ear to ear.

"Did you get it?" I asked, smiling just as wide.

"I believe so," he said. His large smile was now reduced to just a plain goofy one. "That was nice," he smiled.

"Yeah, it was," I said softly.

"So you didn't mind it?" he asked. I shook my head. He put his arm around my shoulder for a moment and pulled me closer to him. "Then you won't mind this either," he said and pulled me into another kiss. This time, though, I was ready for it and kissed him back.

"Oh my gosh, finally," I heard a voice say loudly. We pulled away slowly and looked in the door way. Kyle and Caleb were standing there smiling, along with Jonathan with a disgusted look on his face.

"I didn't need to see that," Jonathan grumbled, "But it's about time," he added.

"I know, I swear, you guys are impossible sometimes," Caleb said.

"Then you guys had to ruin it," Austin said. "Again," he added.

"Sorry, but dude, it took way too long for that," Kyle laughed, sitting down on the other couch. Austin pulled me even closer and I rested my head on his shoulder. He put his head down on top of mine and wrapped both of his arms around me.

"Okay, I've seen enough," Jonathan said, starting back out of the room, "Be home by seven for dinner," he yelled over his shoulder.

"Peace out," Caleb and Kyle said together, running out of the room. Austin and I didn't move, we just stayed there, fine with where we were.

"Thanks for letting me buy you ice cream," he said softly. I smiled and sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's out there
it's kind of a crappy way to write it
and I'm sure somebody will have something to say about it

Thanks for reading though
:]