Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 32

"Selena, I don’t care what you're doing, please get out of the bathroom," Jonathan whined.

"Why?" I asked him, "I'm taking care of some important business," I laughed.

"Like what?" he whined.

"Do you really want to know?" I asked. Silence took over the other side of the door. "I didn't think you did," I said to him, laughing. Truth is, I was just sitting on the bathroom counter, folding some towels.

"Whatever you're doing, can you it in a minute, I really have to go," he said.

"Fine," I sighed and jumped off of the counter. I opened the door and stepped out. Before I could even think about it, Jonathan was passed me in a rush.

"Good morning to you too!" I yelled through the bathroom door. He didn't respond. I sighed and walked away from the door.

**********

"You're late," the teacher said to me as I ran into the classroom.

"I'm sorry," I said sincerely.

"Do you happen to have a note?" he asked.

"No, I can't say that I do," I told Mr. Marks.

"Then take your seat," he said bitterly. I nodded and sat down next to Austin.

"Hey Austin," I said to him. He looked at me and smiled. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hi Selena," he said back happily. I didn't expect any sort of response, let alone a happy one.

"You're happy this morning," I mumbled to him.

"I'm always happy really," he said, smiling widely.

"Not from what I've seen,"

"Well we had the peace offering," he said. "And that was me being mean, not me being unhappy," he said deductively.

"So what's really up?" I asked.

"Well my 'friends' aren't in this class today, so I can be just fine," he said.

"But the rest of the day?" I asked.

"They're ditching school for the whole day," he sighed. "They're already going through their fifth year of high school, you'd think that they'd just want to get it over with," Austin laughed.

"I thought that they were Juniors," I said.

"They are, that's the sad part," he smiled lightly.

"I would have figured that the sad part was the fact that they've been in high school for five years, but whatever," I said.

"Would you two kindly shut up?" Mr. Marks said, sounding agitated. "Don't make me send you to the office…again," he said.

"Sorry Mr. M," Austin said. The teacher simply rolled his eyes and went back to teaching. I sighed tiredly and laid my head down on the desk.

"Austin, I'm bored," I whined.

"I'd suggest that you sleep," he laughed.

"Why are you always telling me to sleep?" I asked.

"Because you're cute when you sleep," he said softly.

"Why thank you," I said.

"Austin, stop flirting with Selena and pay attention," Mr. Marks said. "Don't make me tell you two again," he said sternly. Austin blushed and nodded. I closed my eyes and fell into a light sleep.

**********

"Selena, are you feeling okay?" Kyle asked as I walked.

"I feel great, why?" I asked.

"Just wondering," he said.

"There's gotta be an actual reason as to why you asked," I told him.

"So Selena, I see you're going for a more manly look now," Caleb said walking into the room.

"What on earth are you talking about?" I asked.

"You don’t know?" Caleb asked.

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about," I told him truthfully.

"I'd suggest a mirror," he laughed. Kyle laughed and pulled a mirror out of his backpack.

"Why do you have this?" I asked him.

"Because," he said.

"Because why?" I asked.

"Because it makes girls like you more when you can give them something to look at themselves," he said.

"Really, because I just got the impression that you like to look at yourself in the mirror," I laughed.

"That's just a plus," he said and doing a little hair flip thing.

"Don’t do that," I said and looked at myself in the mirror. When I saw myself my jaw dropped.

"Now you know what we mean," Caleb laughed. I groaned loudly and raised my hand.

"What do you want Selena?" Mr. Johansson asked.

"Can I go wash my face?" I asked.

"Sure, I was wondering when you'd get that," he laughed loudly. The rest of the class chuckled a bit. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the classroom to wash off my new found sharpie mustache.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, boredom has officially taken over my life.
But look at MY AWESOME DRAWING

It's so lame, I can't even describe it, but it was fun to draw...like three months ago.

Thanks for reading the lameness