Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 33

"Hey, look who's back wandering the hallways," I heard a voice say as I was rushing towards my class. I was already late, meaning the bell had already rung and everybody was in their classes. I grimaced at the voice.

"What do you want?" I asked him, turning around. I saw him and his whole little group, surrounding me yet again.

"We just wanted to hang around with our little pal," one said.

"I'd rather not, I'm trying to get my GPA back up, you know?"

"Oh, that's funny, there will be more time for that later though," the boy said. I gulped quietly.

"Um, I think I hear somebody calling me," I said and tried to walk through the wall of football players, with no success of course. "Or not," I said quietly.

"Um, if I could just get through," I said softly, trying to get through a different way, but still not succeeding.

The next thing I knew, I was being pushed up against a wall harshly.

"This memory is all too familiar," I mumbled.

"You guys leave her alone," I heard Austin's voice. I was so thankful for him and his timing.

"Stay out of this Bello, you've had your turn," one said and shoved his tongue down my throat. I tried my best to get away from him again.

When I couldn't succeed to push him off, I somewhere that most guys wouldn't enjoy. I kicked him where it hurts and he fell to the ground, curling up in a ball.

"Oh shit," Austin said, looking down at him..

"Are you really gonna let her do that?" another boy asked Austin incredulously. Austin thought about if for a second before nodding slowly.

"How could you do that?"

"I finally realized that it's really not worth it," Austin stated, "You guys are way too over bearing and it's just not worth it," he said, smirking. I smiled, somewhat proud that he was finally standing up to them.

"What are you saying?" one asked.

"I'm saying that I'm done with you guys," Austin stated with a smile. The boy swung his fist and it landed right on Austin's cheek. He stumbled back into another one of the guys, knocking him down and falling down. Austin hurried back onto his own two feet.

"You should really just stay down," the boy said.

"I'd rather not," Austin stated.

"Come on now Bello, be a man, throw a punch," Austin shook his head, bracing himself for whatever was left to come.

"So you're really gonna pick her over us," The boy said. "You've known her for a few months, while you've known us for years," he said. Austin came over to my side, wrapping his arms around me protectively. The boy frowned.

"So you're really picking her over us?" he asked. Austin looked between them and me and nodded. The kid got a really angry look on his face and Austin tightened his grip around me. I buried my face into his chest.

"What's going on here?" A loud voice boomed. I put my head back up.

"We were just going to class, and these two stopped us," one said pointing to Austin and I. The principal looked at him oddly.

"These two shouldn't be a problem, they're fine kids," he said.

"That's just what they want you to think," one of them said innocently. "She kicked Mikey where the sun doesn't shine, and he punched James for no reason at all!" he said defensively. My jaw dropped.

"They punched me," Austin said, pointing to his face. "I didn't even punch James,"

"Yes you did, you hit him and he fell over!" the biggest one yelled.

"But-" I started.

"I don't want to hear it," the principle said, waving it off. "We'll discuss this tomorrow," the principle said. "Get to class," his voice boomed and we all scurried off to class. I don't know what I was feeling. Somewhere from scared to pissed off, I'm not sure.
****************

"O that looks pretty bad now," I told Austin as he walked in. He simply nodded, sighing. It did look pretty bad. It was still swollen and bruised on his cheek now.

The bell soon rang and the class began.

"Hello," the teacher said to the random office assistant who walked into the room after a few minutes of class.

"Hi," she said timidly, handing the call slips to him and rushing off.

"Austin and Selena, head up to the office," he said, "Take your stuff," The whole class made a series of 'oohs' and 'aah' sounds. I rolled my eyes. I looked towards Caleb as I was leaving the classroom to see him giving me a sympathetic look. I sighed and left the room with Austin.

"Do you think we'll get in trouble?" I asked him. He simply shrugged, sighed and continued on down the hallway. I sighed as well.

"I Don't know," he said after a moment, "We didn't really do anything, I was standing up for you, and you were standing up for yourself," Austin said.

"But the thing is, will they believe us?" I said.

He simply sighed and looked up at the ceiling. After a moment an odd smile appeared on his face.

"What's with the smile?" I asked him.

"I think we'll be just fine today," he stated. I raised an eye brow and looked at him oddly as we entered the office.

"Ah, how nice of you two to join us now," the principle said as we walked into his office. All of the football players from yesterday were in the room, looking angry as ever. I gulped and took my seat, preparing myself for whatever was about to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyways, this sort of sucks
but I'm really just trying to end my two stories here
so it's gonna be weird...

Anyways, thanks for reading
it's really appreciated
and I really thank you all for that