Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 35

"You know, it's starting to kick in what actually happened," Austin stated, plopping down onto his couch next to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean," he started, "I'm kind of afraid of what might happen to me," he stated.

"How many of them were there that didn't get locked up?" I asked.

"Like three," he said.

"How many of them know where you live,"

"Um…like three," he said, sighing.

"That sucks," I told him. He just nodded.

"Would you want to see if you stay at my house for like a week or something, you could probably stay in the guest bedroom, it's not like they know where I live,"

"I don't know what our parents would think about that," he sighed.

"It's not like you're allowed to leave your house anyways," I told him, "You're basically on house arrest," I laughed.

"And you're not?" he said, scoffing. I shrugged.

"I didn't go places much anyways," I told him.

"Fine, we'll see, but I still don't think they'll go for it," he sighed. I shrugged. He got up and walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

"Hey," Caleb said walking into the room, "Where's Austin?" he asked.

"In the kitchen talking to his parents, I'm assuming," I said.

"Why?" He asked, sitting down where Austin had been previously.

"Something about seeing if he could stay at my house for awhile, just because he was starting to freak out, like what if they find him," I told him. Caleb nodded.

"Man, I don't want to be stuck here alone with Austin's family, that's awkward," Caleb whined. I rolled my eyes.

"You've been living with them for how long now?" I asked him.

"For like two or three years or something," he said.

"Then you'll be fine," I said and messed up his red hair. He blew a piece of his hair out of his face and did a few touch ups. I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a girl," I told him.

"Am I a pretty girl?" he asked, batting his eye lashes. I scooted away from him a little bit.

"You really shouldn't do that," I said to him.

"You're just jealous because you're not as pretty as me," he said in a high-pitched voice. Right on time, Austin came back into the room. I jumped up and hid behind Austin.

"Caleb is scary," I mumbled to him. He just laughed. He picked me up and placed me back down in front of him, keeping his arms around my waist.

"What was Caleb doing that was scary?" he asked.

"I think he's turned into a girl," I said.

"Are girls like icky now?" he asked.

"No, just Caleb," I said. Austin chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"I think I liked it better before you two like each other, you didn't gang up against me," Caleb said and flipped on the TV, watching some random cartoon.

"So what did your parents say?" I asked.

"They said it's fine as long as your parents don't mind," he said.

"Well then let's go find out," I said. I laughed and nodded, following me out of his house. We walked for awhile and finally got to mine.

"Hey Selena," Jonathan said from his place on the couch, "You know you're not supposed to leave," he laughed.

"I was with Austin," I said.

"That makes it so much better," he said. I rolled my eyes. I walked upstairs into Mrs. Cook's office where she was working on whatever, Mr. Cook was looking over her shoulder, watching.

*************

"So what's the verdict?" Austin asked, after I walked back into the room.

"They said you could stay in the guest bedroom for awhile, while you're 'in hiding'," I laughed.

"Wait, he is staying here?" Jonathan asked.

"Yes Jonathan, he is staying here, we already know that nothing of that sort will happen," I rolled my eyes. "And that you'll probably be watching our every move," I rolled my eyes once more.

"Fine, but remember, I know everything," he said and walked slowly out of the room, not taking his eyes off of Austin and I until he was to the stairs.

"That's just creepy," Austin said laughing.

"It could be worse," I said, sitting down on the couch. Austin sat next to me and pulled me onto his lap. I turned to the side so I could see him while I talked to him.

"Like how?" Austin asked.

"There could be more of him," I said. Austin laughed a bit and shook his head.

"So, this will seem kind of random," Austin said to him, playing with the fabric on the sleeve of my shirt.

"What?" I asked him.

"Well…," he started.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know about this one
but yeah, it's something right?

Anyways, thanks for reading
and if you have the time, please leave a comment
thanks
:]