Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 36

"Caleb, whatever you do, don't try and fly!" Austin yelled to him. He looked down at him and smiled.

We were currently in my back yard, watching as Caleb quickly climbed up the biggest tree and was now latching onto a branch that was about 20 feet off the ground.

"I don't like that look," I said, "Stay in the tree bird boy!" I yelled at him.

"How retarded do you really think I am?" Caleb asked incredulously.

"Well you did climb the tree," Austin said.

"But I'm not stupid enough to think that I can fly," he said. I laughed.

"Okay, just come down already," Austin insisted. Caleb groaned and made his way slowly down the tree, careful not to fall out of the tree. I sighed in relief when he was finally back on to ground. I hit his arm.

"Ow, what was that for?" Caleb asked, rubbing his arm.

"For scaring me," I said. He flicked my arm, pouting about my words.

"Is that the best you got?" I asked.

"I don't hit girls," Caleb said, sticking his tongue out at me.

"You better not hit my girlfriend," Austin stated, pulling me away from Caleb by the waist.

"I'm not going to, calm down," Caleb said.

"What are you guys doing out here?" Jonathan said, coming out the back door. He looked at Austin and I and glared at Austin. Austin brought his hands back to his side and smiled at Jonathan.

"Jonathan, you can't even go there," I told him. "You're partly to blame for any of this happening," I told him.

"How so?" I asked.

"Well I'm pretty sure the real park bushes didn't write those notes," I said to him. He rolled his eyes.

"Fine, you got me," He smiled, "But I still don't want to see all this mushy stuff all the time," he said, contorting his face in an odd manner.

"Fine, we won't always be mushy," I said to Jonathan, rolling my eyes. Austin put his arm around my shoulder and smiled at Jonathan again.

"Good enough for meā€¦for now," Jonathan said, glaring slightly as he walked away.

"He does that a lot," Caleb stated, coming up beside Austin and I.

"Yeah, he doesn't mean half of it, he knows Austin is a good guy, he's just being a brother," I said laughing.

"He still scares me from time to time," Austin mumbled, putting his forehead on my shoulder.

"So does Caleb, but we still keep him around anyways," I laughed. Caleb rolled his eyes and headed back towards the tree.

"Caleb, don't even start that again," Austin laughed.

"I'm just gonna sit in the shade," he said, laying down and spreading out in the grass under the tree.

"You do that," Austin laughed. "We're gonna go back inside." Austin yelled to him.

Caleb simply held up a hand, showing a thumbs up sign. I laughed and followed Austin inside to the cool living room.

"How long do you think it'll be before he tries and climbs the tree again?" Austin asked me. I looked at Caleb through the window.

"Less time than you think," I laughed. Austin tilted his head to the side and raised and eyebrow. "Look out the window," I told him. Austin turned his head towards the window and started laughing.

"He's such a weird person sometimes," Austin laughed. I chuckled a little more when I saw Caleb out in the tree, snuggled on a tree branch, looking as happy as I've ever seen him.

"You should make him a tree house," I laughed. "But he'd still probably use the branches," I said.

"Maybe later," Austin waved it off, laughing. I simply rolled my eyes

**************

"You guys know that Caleb is in the tree again, right?" Jonathan asked, coming into the room. Austin and I simply nodded. "Why?" he asked. I shrugged and Austin laughed.

"Because he's Caleb," Austin said simply. I agreed.

"He doesn't need a reason," I added.

"Aren't you guys getting tired of being stuck in this house?" Jonathan asked.

"Sort of," I said. Austin just raised his hand. I looked at him oddly.

"Why are you raising your hand?" I asked him. He lowered his arm and lifted the other one instead.

"Has he been getting enough sleep lately," Jonathan questioned. I shrugged and raised and eye brow at Austin. He had a stone blank look on his face, plus the raising of his hand, he looked slightly ridiculous.

"Austin, are you okay?" I asked him. He turned his head and widened his eyes. He was like that for maybe half a second before he burst out laughing.

"Selena, I think your boyfriend is defective," Jonathan said and left the room. Austin slowly stopped laughing and sat back down next to me on the couch. He kissed me lightly on the cheek and pulled me close to him.

"What was all that about?" I asked him, kissing him lightly on the cheek again.

"It got him to leave for awhile, didn't it?" He asked, laughing. I smiled and nodded.

"I think that even he is getting sick of us always being here," I sighed.

"I wouldn't doubt it," Austin said simply, rubbing my arm with his hand. "But it won't be that much longer," he said, kissing the top of my head softly. I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided that Caleb needed a new found love of trees
just because, no specific reason really.

I decided about half way through the day that I didn't want to tell you the actual question
you may have to put that education to work and read between the lines to figure it out

It's really not that hard, at least I don't think it is
but you guys are smart enough to figure it out either way

Okay, so that sucked, but thanks for reading either way