Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 39

"Are you sure you don’t want to just stay here tonight?" Austin asked me. I shook my head.

"I'm sure, I can't stay tonight," I sighed.

"Well then at least let me give you a ride home," he said, "It's getting late," he added, looking up at the horizon, and the colors that painted the sky as the sun set.

"No, it's fine, it's a nice night for walking," I told him. Austin frowned sadly and sighed.

"Fine, then at least let me walk with you," he sighed, "I just have a really bad feeling about this," he said.

"Okay Austin, let's go then," I smiled at him. He smiled and grabbed a jacket real quick, then exited the house again, closing the door behind him.

We walked silently down the sidewalk. "If you're walking me home, how are you getting home?" I asked. He sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know, because I can't stay at your house either, I'll just walk I guess," he said.

"Oh, okay," I said sadly, getting the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"You have the same feeling I'm guessing?" he asked quietly. I sighed and nodded. He pulled me as close as possible to his body, making it awkward to walk, but made me feel a lot better.

"Everything will be okay," He said to me. I nodded and placed my head on his shoulder.

"I love you," I mumbled to him.

"Love you too," he said softly. "Here's your house," he stated. It was about a fifteen minute walk from his house to mine.

"Bye Austin," I said lowly. He smiled at me and gave me a light peck on the lips before walking off, calling a quick goodbye. I quickly entered the house and went up to Jonathan's room.

"Jonathan," I started entering the room, he was sitting on his bed reading a magazine of sorts, "Can you go give Austin a ride home?" I asked. Jonathan looked at me oddly before nodding. He got up and went back downstairs. I went to Jonathan's window and could still see Austin walking slowly down the street. I sighed and went back to my own room.

I grabbed a random book of the shelf and started to read it slowly. A minute into the book, Jonathan walked into the room. I looked at him oddly.

"I didn't see Austin," Jonathan stated, "He must've gotten faster recently," Jonathan laughed.

"But I just saw him a minute ago, walking really slowly down the street," I said.

"I don't know, he wasn't within sight when I got out there," he said.

"It's a straight shot from here to there, you should be able to see him," I said.

"I don't know, it is dark outside, so maybe I just can't see him," Jonathan said. I sighed and looked nervously out my window. "Don't worry about it, Austin is a big boy and he can handle himself.

Now normally, that may have actually helped me feel better, but at this point in time, it did nothing. Because I know that there are some specific guys out there who are bigger than Austin, and can take Austin in a fight.

"Jonathan, I’m worried about him," I sighed.

"He'll be fine," Jonathan said, sitting next to me on my bed. I looked out the window one more time. Not much had changed, except now Austin wasn't in sight, and one of the street lights was flickering oddly. I stared at it, oddly fascinated.

"What are you staring at?" Jonathan asked, tilting his head.

"The flickering street lamp over there," I said, pointing to it. Jonathan looked over my shoulder and at the light.

"Selena, you're just worrying for no reason, Austin is fine," He said. The sick feeling came back to me, but only ten times worse. I didn't say anything, just continued to stare at the street light, trying to take my mind off of Austin for a bit.

"Selena, it's late, get some sleep," Jonathan told me. He picked me up and stood me onto my feet. I looked at him oddly. He pulled back the sheets and laid me in the bed softly, and then pulled the sheets back over my body.

"Now sleep," Jonathan said, turning out the lights and exiting my room.

I sighed and continued to stare out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how this one came about...
but it did
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it
but it's an idea, that I'm going to go with

anyways, comments are appreciated
just so I can kind of know who still reads this story