Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 41

"Austin," Mrs. Cook started, "I think it's about time you get home," she said.

"Mom, what did he do?" I asked.

"Nothing," she said, "But his parents are worried sick about him, and want to see for a fact that their child is okay,"

"She has a point," Austin struggled out a laugh. He stood up off the couch and gave me a light kiss on the lips.

"Come on now Austin, I'll give you a ride home," she stated, sighing.

"Can Selena go?" he asked her. I looked at him oddly.

"Go where honey?" she asked Austin oddly.

"With us, to my house, I know it's not a very long drive and all, but-" he started trailing off.

"That's fine, come now, the both of you, before Mrs. Bello has a heart attack," she laughed.

Austin limped towards the front door. I felt sad to see him like this, but still just so glad that he was alive and well.

"Are you okay Austin?" I asked, double checking.

"Yeah, just a little hurt," he laughed. We both got into the back seat of the car.

Austin pulled me close and I rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my arm as he rested his chin on top of my head.

"Okay, here we are,"

"Okay," Austin and I mumbled. We both lifted our heads and exited the car. I walked up to the front porch with him, just wanting to be with him as long as I could. Austin stopped in front of his door and turned to me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, and pulled me close to him, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I love you Selena," Austin mumbled, nuzzling his face into my neck. His beard tickled, but I held back a laugh.

"I love you too," I mumbled.

"Well I should head inside before, you know…" he trailed off. "My mom freaks," he added thoughtfully.

"I guess so," I mumbled softly. He kissed me lightly on the forehead before embracing me in the tightest hug he could muster up.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said softly, letting go. He gave me one quick, soft peck on the lips before he went inside of his home. I slowly walked back to the car and got in.

"Are you okay Selena?" Mrs. Cook asked me. I nodded, smiling lightly.

"I'm great," I said, sighing.

"You really like him, don't you?" She asked me. I didn't say anything. I simply nodded, keeping the small smile upon my lips.

"I don't know what I would have done if I lost him," I said quietly. She didn't say anything. She just continued on driving through the roads.

*************

"Hey Jonathan," I smiled at him. I looked around the room and noticed Caleb in the corner, reading a comic book. "And Caleb," I chuckled. He raised his hand and waved, but acknowledged me in no other way.

"So Caleb, I heard that you actually used the tree house," I laughed. He looked up and me, raising an eyebrow.

"Who told you that?" he asked.

"Austin did, so unless he's a giant liar," I started.

"Fine, I like the stupid tree house, sue me," he said, annoyance in his voice.

"I'm not gonna make fun of you for it, that's what they all made it for," I smiled. Caleb looked up at me and sighed.

"I'm sure Austin mentioned this then, but that thing isn't meant for two," he told me.

"Anyways, Jonathan, dinner will be ready soon. He looked up at me and nodded, smiling happily.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked him.

"You'll see," he smiled widely, "maybe," he added slyly. I rolled my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with that
but I'll think of something, hopefully anyways

Anyways, thanks for reading
:]