Don't Believe Everything You Hear

Chapter 42

"Jonathan, whatever you're on can't be good for your health," I mumbled to him as he skipped down the halls by my side.

"I'm not on anything, and I'm offended that you would say such a thing," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"So why are you so happy?" I asked.

"I don't know, just because," he smiled, shrugging.

"No reason?" I asked. He shook his head, laughing.

"Then why did you say there was last night?"

"I was having a Caleb moment last night," he shrugged laughing loudly. "And sort of right now too," he added softer, but still not quiet.

"Okay, and let's just pretend that I know what that means," I rolled my eyes at him. He simply held up a can and I immediately cursed Caleb in my head for spreading his giddy-ness to the world.

"Want some?" he asked. I shook my head, not wanting to become a rocket of energy. He shrugged. "Your loss," he smiled as he took another sip. I smiled and rolled my eyes. Caleb walked into the building and over to Jonathan and myself.

"Thanks Caleb," I chuckled to him.

"Aww, do I just brighten your day by being around?" he smiled hugging me tightly, almost crushing me in the process. I laughed and shook my head. He chuckled, and shrugged. "It was worth a shot," he said. "So what'd I do?" he asked.

"You sent Jonathan to the planet of caffeine and sugar candy," I sighed. Caleb chuckled and took a look at Jonathan. They smiled widely at each other. "You're on it too, aren't you?" I asked. Caleb nodded and held up the can of Red Bull.

"Can you guys go a single day without that stuff?" I sighed, laughing a bit. "You're hyper enough without energy drinks," I laughed. They chuckled at me and Caleb messed up my hair a bit.

"Hey," Austin said approaching the group, next to Kyle.

"Have you been drinking Red Bull too?" I asked the two of them. They looked at me oddly and shook their heads. I pulled them both into a hug. "You're my new heroes!" I said overdramatically.

"So have you seen the new girl yet?" Austin asked me after a moment of silence.

"There's a newer girl now?" I asked. Austin nodded, smiling. "Finally," I said.

"I heard that she was shipped here because her family didn't want her anymore," Austin mumbled. I looked at him and flicked him in the nose.

"Ow, what was that for?" Austin mumbled, rubbing his nose.

"Please don't start with that, 'I heard that…' stuff," I pleaded.

"I'm just saying," he stated innocently. I nodded.

"I know, but please? I know how that feels, so just no." I said. Austin smiled at me.

"Whatever you say," he said. "But you hurt my nose," he mumbled like a little kid with a scraped knee. I leaned up and kissed him on the nose.

"All better?" I asked. He nodded, smiling. I looked around. "Besides, I don’t Caleb really cares about that anyways," I chuckled, looking down the hall. Austin looked around me and shook his head.

"Caleb never was one to shy away from people, no matter what is said about them," Austin smiled at his best friend. I smiled and agreed.

"So what do you think he's saying to her?" I asked Austin. He shrugged.

"Probably asking her out, that's just like him, ask the new girl out"

"He never asked me out…" I said.

"He only asks pretty girls," he said, teasingly. I stuck my tongue out at him. "Just kidding, you know you're pretty," he smiled and hugged me. "So, do you wanna go somewhere with me tonight?" I asked.

"Where?" I asked him.

"Somewhere," he said. "It's a surprise, but only if you say yes," he smiled at me.

"Well how can I resist that?" I asked. "So yes," I agreed. Caleb came running back over to us.

"I got a date!" he cheered. I rolled my eyes and laughed. Austin gave him a hi-five.

"So what's her name?" I asked him.

"Her name's Melissa, and she seems really nice to me, She's from Minnesota" he smiled.

"That's good," I said to him. "So she's really gonna date you after being in this town for such a short time?" I asked curiously.

"She said no to the straight up date, but I offered to show her around the town, get dinner, see a movie or something," I stated.

"And she went for that?" I asked. He nodded, smiling widely, partially from the caffeine and partially from the fact that he has a date.

"Kyle," I stated, looking over towards him. He looked away from his conversation with Jonathan and at me, cocking his head to the side.

"Caleb loves you," I said and turned away. He looked at me oddly.

"I love you too Caleb, but I like girls more," he laughed. Caleb snapped his fingers and pretended to be sad. The bell rang, signaling for all of us to get our butts to class. I sighed and started to walk away, saying good bye to everybody.

"Hold up," Austin said, stopping me.

"Austin, you're in my first class, let's go," I smiled at him and continued walking. He looked confused for a second before he remembered and caught up to me.

"Okay, well I'm gonna pick you up at like seven tonight," he told me. I nodded.

**********
"Please tell me where we're going," I pleaded as we were walking towards a destination that was unknown to me.

"We're almost there," he laughed.

"Fine," I sighed.

"Okay, open your eyes," Austin told me, moving his hands from my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes to reveal the scene in front of me.

"It's pretty," I smiled at the sight of the small pond, the sunset reflecting off of the waters.

"Not as pretty as you," Austin whispered in my ear. I turned around to face him. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You're so cheesy, you know that?" I asked, laying my head on his chest.

"But you love me," he pointed out.

"That I do," I agreed.

"See, you don't even deny it," he smiled and kissed the top of my head. He walked me over to a small hill and sat down, pulling me into his lap, and resting his chin on my shoulder.

I sighed happily as I sat on the small hill with Austin, just watching the sun set with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can you say retarded? Because I can

so, it's been over a month since I updated this story
and in all honesty, I hit a giant brick wall with this story
which is why I didn't update it for the longest time
so I ended it in a retarded way, though all my endings are retarded
but guess what? honestly, it was either this or an ending involving an explosion of some sort
and I don't think anybody wants that and I didn't want to write that
so you got this...assuming people still will read this

so yeah, that's it, it's over
we can all get on with our lives now!!