Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 12.

I went home, I needed to think over things. I was still upset with Clover though I didn't exactly tell her that. She probably thought it was going to be easy to persuade me about Max. She said he didn't mean anything, but did she mean it? You don't sleep with people who mean nothing to you. Well girls normally didn't. I on the other hand did, Well used to. Things had gotten so confusing lately.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I still looked pretty rough, and I needed a shower. I got in and out in about five minutes. I dried my hair and and changed into some clean clothes before going back to Clovers. I took my time walking to her house, because I wasn't sure what to say. I guess I could let her start out, but I wanted to get my feelings in. I wanted to tell her how much she had hurt me. She had pulled the 'You slept with my sister' card earlier and I had the perfect thing to say if she tried it again. As I reached her door I took a deep breath and knocked.

"Hey." Clover answered the door out of breath. "Come on, We'll go up to my room."

I nodded and followed behind her. I fiddled with the keys in my pocket all the way up the stairs and once we were in her room, I felt nervous. It was weird how I felt nervous in her room. This was the place where I first kissed her and got brutally rejected. It still didn't feel to great.

"Okay." She smiled. "I'm listening."

"For what?" I let out a nervous laugh.

"Aren't you going to like talk about, you know, You and me?"

"Oh, right." I stood up. "Well I'll start by saying thank you. You did call the ambulance, and I guess you could say I'm grateful." I struggled for the words. "Please don't take this wrong. I do like you, but I don't think it's time for us to become a couple."

Her face dropped and she looked down at the floor. I had put it as easily as I could. I felt guilty because I had sent her mixed signals before I went home. The whole holding her hand thing and all. I sighed and waited for her to say something. I didn't know how to continue and I was waiting for her to tell me how she felt.

"Why not?" She finally looked up. "Why not now? I mean you like me, I like you. What the hell is the problem Ronnie?"

"Well, You just screwed my friend for starters. So I don't know about you, but maybe we should try and take things slow."

"You slept with Rider and I'm ready."

"That was different." I tried not to yell.

"How?"

I ran my fingers through my hair. I knew she was going to bring this up and I had the perfect comeback. But I wasn't a time for comebacks, We were supposed to be working out our problems. Supposed to make things good between us so maybe, we could move this into something bigger. I thought of a nicer way to say what I had on my mind. I didn't want to piss this girl off.

"Well let's just say you hadn't shown any interest in me." I sat down. "I fucking kissed you before you went to Max, You knew it meant something. I however, knew nothing about you. Not that you would threaten not being my friend because I slept with your sister. Once you told me I ignored her. Hello that's pretty fucking obvious."

"Fine." She crossed her arms. "I'm not sure if I agree, but hey it's whatever. I think I need some rest and I'll give you time to think. You don't want to date now, then that's fine. Just let me know if it will be any time soon because I won't wait forever."

I nodded and left her room. Things went better than I thought and Maybe we would be okay. I knew for a fact Max would never look at Clover that way again. He had promised. If there was one thing I could say about Max that would be that he kept his word. He wouldn't tell his best friend one thing and then do the complete opposite. I put my hands in my pockets and walked over to Max's. His dad opened the door and told me I could find him upstairs. I walked up the familiar steps quickly. Only to open the door at a bad time. Max and Rider were in his bed together. I closed the door and laughed. I couldn't believe what I had just seen. Clover couldn't know about this, she would be so pissed at Max.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long.
leave us love!

by: suicide season.