Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 19.

I smirked as I saw Ronnie walk back into the room. "So, how is Max?" He stopped and looked at me before narrowing his eyes and gritting his teeth. Uh Oh. "What happened?" "Nothing to worry your pretty little head over." He snapped. "Gee fine okay I was just curious. So I was thinking maybe it was best if I went over there and talked to him. Is that okay?" He nodded and I grabbed a pair of short shorts and a IWrestledABearOnce shirt and looked myself over in the mirror. I looked like crap and I knew it, but I loved Ronnie so I was willing to make sacrifices. I grabbed a pair of slip on vans and grabbed my sunglasses before walking over to Ronnie. "I love you." I said smiling, I reached up and kissed his nose and he laughed. "I love you too Clover, always remember that." I nodded confused by his words and ran out the door and toward Max's house.

I knocked on the door and waited balancing my weight from one foot to another. Finally the door was pulled open and Max stood there. "We need to talk." He nodded and ushered me upstairs. I flew past him and landed on his bed. Max walked in and laid on the floor. "So?" He looked at me. "So?" He asked. "So are you going to explain this all to me, why Rider Max? Why did you tell Ronnie that I threw myself at you?" He looked at me and stuttered as he formed his words. "Well, I have known Ronnie for so long that I did not know what to do. As far as Rider is concerned, I wanted you so badly and you wanted Ronnie. So I settled for the next thing which was her. You have to understand Clover I really like you. When Ronnie came over this morning to tell me what you two had done I was jealous, so insanely jealous that I couldn't stand it. I tried to tell myself you were nothing, but you are Clover, you are everything." I looked at the floor. "Max, I liked you, you were a great friend, and when I kissed you I did because although I had been rejected by Ronnie, I wanted you just as much as I wanted him. I guess it is difficult to explain. But Ronnie is my boyfriend and I love him."

Just as I went to hug Max I heard a scream erupt from next door. "Oh my god! My hair my beautiful hair!" I began to laugh hysterically. "She will be over in a minute. You better hide." I nodded and hid in his closet and kept it cracked. Sure enough seconds later Rider appeared hairless and without eyebrows. "Why did you do that?" Max asked her casually. "I didnt I dont know who did, actually I bet it was Clover becuase she knows that Ronnie and I are still messing around." "You are not." Max said. "I am too, we were together the night before last, he told me that he had told Clover he had needed to go to Brads. Just like him stupid druggie, sleeping with that whore of a sister of mine when he obviously wants me more." I bit my lip and tried to keep myself quiet. "Rider go home." Max said. She huffed and walked away and Max pulled open the door and wrapped his arms around me. "She is a liar." "Whatever." I mumbled. I ran past Max and then I kept going. I finally reached Brads house and he opened the door with a needle in his arm. "Give me whatever you have." He nodded and I grobbed a needle from him and injected it into my arm, then another and another before I slowly began to feel the world falling.

The blood in your veins is twenty below

It was a wierd experience to wake up with the sound of a heart monitor. Now I knew what Ronnie felt like. I was scared and when I looked around I only saw Max there. "Where is Ronnie?" He looked around the room trying to fixate on anything other than my question. "He is with her isnt he?" He hung his head and I knew my answer. I closed my eyes and tears fell down my cheeks. "Look Clover it isn't what you think..." "Save it Max thanks for being here but please go tell the doctor to kill me." He laughed and I smiled eventually. "I missed you Clover." He said laying down next to me. "I missed you too." Together we fell asleep to the rythmic sounds of that stupid heart monitor.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please?