Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 2.

"Get your lazy ass up man." Max said opening the curtains and letting the bright sunlight in. "I think we need to play some football today since Monte can't make it to practice."

I grunted and swung my feet over the bed. I hated how happy Max was in the mornings. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and looked around my messy room. Laundry hadn't been done in a week, so my clothing option was slim. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a simple black Aerosmith shirt from the floor. They smelled clean and that's all that mattered to me. I pulled the shirt over my head and added my studded belt to my jeans. I had always wore them low, so low you could see my ass.

"Are you ready yet?" Max re-entered my room.

"Hold your fucking horses princess." I growled.

Max rolled his eyes and made his way down the steps. I put my nose ring back in and headed down the steps. Max was in the kitchen going through the liquor cabinet. Fuck alcohol, I need a fix. Bad. I sat on the couch and pulled my converse on my feet. Max came out holding a football and a bottle of Jack.

"Let play." He yelled.

You couldn't really call what Max and I were doing playing football. We just tossed the ball back and forth while talking about what we would do later. I planned on meeting up with my friend, the friend that always had what I needed. I threw the ball to Max and he failed to catch it. I looked at the direction it was headed. A pretty blond was packing some boxes into the house next to Max's. I didn't think It would actually go that far until it almost hit her. "Hey! Heads up!" I called.

Too late. The ball hit her right in the forehead. "Oh Great." Max said throwing his arms up in the air. "How the hell was I supposed catch that, now this bitch is going to go off." He groaned and ran his fingers through his black hair. "You go get it."

"It's not my fault." I yelled moving my arms around just as Max had. "You go get it."

Max crossed his arms and I knew he wouldn't go get the ball. So I sighed and ran over to where the ball had landed. The blond had dropped the box she was holding and another girl was holding onto mailbox laughing. She was wearing a simple pair of black skinny jeans, knee high converse, and a faded Motley Crue shirt. "Yea, I am sorry about knocking you over, Max failed to catch it and well...technically you didn't listen to our warning so..." I said annoyed to the blond girl. The girl holding onto the mailbox started laughing harder and the blond turned around to glare at her.

"What are you laughing at freak?" She spat and it was clear that the girl was laughing at the big purple bruise forming on her forehead.

"Nothing, nothing at all. Rider, you might want to go inside now though, I don't want the neighbors thinking mom is running a whore house." The girl said back and the blond names Rider pushed pass her.

"Sorry about that. Rider is not exactly the nicest person in the world." She smiled walking up to me.

Max had just showed up beside me and the girl was now looking at him. "Hey, I am Max." He said extending his hand. I rolled my eyes at how friendly he was being. I looked at the girl with disgust, she looked at Max like he was a god. "This is Ronnie, he is just a jerk right now, he didn't want to come over here, so don't pay any mind to him." Max said trying to cover up the reason why I was being quiet. The girl nodded and grabbed another box. Max like a loser talked to her again. "Hey, I didn't catch your name!" she turned around and laughed."That is because I didn't give it! Now pick up a box and follow me."

Max and I did as she said and grabbed some boxes. We followed her upstairs where there were things thrown all over the place, it reminded me a lot of my room. There were clothes all over the bed and guitars lined up against the wall. There was a lyric book lying next to some microphones and a drum set. I automatically picked up the book and started going through it. I was a singer myself and I was curios to see how well this girl could write lyrics. "You play?" Max asked picking up one of her guitars. "Yeah, of course I do, thats why I own it." She smiled.

"You write well." I admitted after flipping through several pages of her book. "Ah! So he talks" She turned to me with a surprised look on her face. I grunted and went back to reading. "So, whats your name?" I looked up."Clover, my name is Clover." I was about to say something but decided it would be best if I didn't. I closed the book and got up from the bed. "I got to go meet someone for something. You coming Max?" Max shook his head, so I just left him there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?