Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 20.

Outraged. Yes that was the feeling. How could Max twist absolutely everything? He was supposed to be my friend! My loyal friend, yet he lied to steal my girlfriend. Told her I was still screwing her sister? What a liar! I could have any girl I wanted and I think it was time for Clover to realize that. If I wanted to sleep with Rider, then I would have never let Clover stay with me. Do I look like I'm running a homeless shelter? No. I would have left her on the streets if I didn't care.

I was pacing outside her door. She had done the same thing I did. I could see Max lay next to her on the bed and I would never forgive him. It was strictly business between us now. The band would be the only contact I had with him, and Clover. All respect I had for her as the first decent girl I had met. Gone. Without a trace. I flung the door open, the anger running through my veins.

"Out." I said loudly causing Max to fall of the bed. "Take your self pity and get the fuck out of my sight. You can come back when I'm done." I clenched my fist. I would not hit him. I was the bigger man here, and I would not throw the first punch. Max tried to speak but eventually dropped his head and walked out. It amused me how much power I had over him. I smirked when I seen the look on Clover's face, Anger. What did she have to be angry about?

"You had no right." She yelled. "Max is helping me. Helping me find out the real you. Still screwing my sister? What the hell?"

"Shut up." I laughed. "It would do you some good. I'm so pissed I could hit you for being so fucking dumb. I'm going to tell you how it is and I'm leaving. You'll be surprised when Max turns his back on you again, just to seek my forgiveness, but I won't give it to him."

"What the hell are you talking about?" She looked worried. She should be. Everyone under estimated me. I knew what type of person I was, It was just everyone else who liked to label me. This had gone far enough though. I would let the real me show tonight.

"I'm talking about how you eat the fucking lies. Do you honestly think I'm fucking Rider?" I was in her face now, so close our noses touched."Huh? I could have any fucking girl I want Clover and I picked you! Because I thought you were decent, not a whore that fed on gossip. I took you in! You would be on the streets right now if it weren't for me. I'm not running a fucking homeless shelter." I smiled at my words. I felt so confident.

She shook her head. "I don't understand. Why would Max lie? He said you were.." She stopped as if seeing the truth. "Do you even know the sacrifices I've made for you?"

I laughed. Was she finally seeing Max done this in a jealous outburst? About time. I wasn't stupid, and I knew I loved Clover, but forgiveness would not come easy like last time. She would work for it. I would make sure of that. If she wanted to. I may have loved her, but I didn't need her.

"Yeah see that Max is just a jealous boy? Doing anything to get what he wants? Yeah I find that rather repulsive, but it floats your boat go for it princess." I looked away. "I've given you more then I have ever gave a girl, and yet you still mistreat me? I guess there is a first for everything huh darling? I want you to understand one thing though. This time forgiveness will be worked for. If you want it. As for Max, this thing between you two will be over, if you want me. But do realize, once I'm gone, honey, I'm gone.

With that I walked out. Those were harsh words I choose, but I didn't regret a thing. Never do something you may regret, I thought. Max was leaned against the wall outside. Looking as if he had aged twenty years. He jumped when he seen me and followed me all the way to my car. I hated when he did this. I was having a hard enough time being mad at him.

"I'm sorry." He yelled. "Ronnie, I don't know whats happening. We got to get rid of that girl, she's absolutely tearing us apart. I'll say goodbye and then you can too. I wish she never came here. Ronnie, I like her a lot, and you do to. We can't both have her."

I nodded. Max was right. Neither of us could have her. She was playing some kind of game? I doubted that, she just didn't know what she wanted. She would decide though. I couldn't stand to not have a friendship with Max. We were brothers, not literally, but still. I loved him, and he loved me. Thats what happen when you grow up with someone. I gave him a quick hug and wished so bad Clover could have heard what was just said. Then I got into my car and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Paranoia.Playground and I are in a writting mood.
You may get one more chapter tonight.
So since we updated so many times tonight, tomorrow there may not be anything.
Just depends.