Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 34.

I had been pacing this bus for hours trying to decide what I could say to Max. Curtis had interrupted Clover and I and I couldn't say I wasn't disappointed, but I also wasn't mad at Curtis. He was actually becoming one of my best friends. Clover told me about Rider and her situation. I agreed that Rider should just leave Max, but I also wanted to talk to him about it. I know Max, and he will want a part in the child's life. He may an ass at times, but he would never abandon his own kid. He walked through the door and knew that I needed to talk. I was never really any good at hiding my emotions.

"What's going on now?" He fell back onto the couch.

"Rider's leaving you man." I faced him. "She's pregnant and leaving you."

"What?" He jumped up. "She's pregnant. Fuck." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I can't do it. Ronnie you know I can't." He was shaking.

"I know. That's why she's leaving. Now I know you're a good guy, so talk to her. I know you two don't want to be together, but I also know you won't abandon that baby."

"No." He shook his head. "Of course not, but I can't keep it. I'll give her money for everything as long as I'm out. That kid deserve a hell a lot better than me anyway."

"Explain that to her." I sighed. "I think her and Clover are in the back."

He nodded and headed in the direction I told him. I however needed a way to let Nicky know the truth. I didn't want to hurt the girl and I would give her anything to just go along with the plan and whatever. I walked outside and the cool breeze felt good. I looked around before spotting Nicky on the phone. I walked towards her until I understood what she was talking about. She said she was going to take Clover out at the knee's. Anger broiled in me. So what she figured out she was nothing to us? That was still no reason to threaten Clover. Who had never done a damn thing to her.

"Hey." She jumped when seeing me. "How long you been standing there darling?"

"Don't play stupid." I growled.

"Me?" She rolled her eyes. "You guys are fucking using me? Did you really think that was okay?"

"No. That''s why I was coming to tell you the truth. To tell you I would help you get out of your shitty life and put you back on your feet. Then I hear you threatening Clover. A girl who had never done a damn thing to you."

"Except use me?" She snapped.

"No that was me." I said and grabbed her wrists. "I would never want to hurt you, but the moment you hurt Clover, All that's gone. I will do anything to make you feel the pain you inflict on her."

"Well all I was going to do was take her little boyfriend. She doesn't deserve him anyways."

"Well in that case." I let go. "Go right ahead. Stealing Oli won't hurt her. Not that much at least. Also makes my job go away. Let Oli support your ass."

I left her standing there pissed. I couldn't believe how mad I was. I never thought I would threaten a girl in that way, but then again she wanted to hurt Clover. I would never let anyone do that. I loved her too much to let anything bad happen. I went back to the bus needing a lot of rest. We were leaving this venue tonight and going to the next stop. I loved life on the road, but all this drama was getting to me. I couldn't trust anyone but Clover.

"Bitch." Max yelled leaving the bus.

"Whoa." I stopped him. "What happened?"

"Rider." He yelled. "Stupid bitch says I can't have anything to do with this kid yet she would take everything I had. Fuck that."

"Calm down." I said grabbing his shoulders. I couldn't believe I was still friends with Max. It would take a hell of a lot to separate us. "I'll talk to her Max. I will not let her ruin you. Your a great guy. She just can't see that because you don't love her. It hurts."

"But I do." He sat down on the dirt. "I love her Ronnie. It's just when I get around Clover something takes over me. You know? I'm lost."

I nodded understanding everything he was saying. It was true. Max loved Clover, not as much as I did, but I understood. He didn't want Clover. He had tried so hard to forget her and when she left he did. Now she was back and hurting him, but it was well worth it to me. I was glad she was back and I wouldn't let Max chase her off. He would just have to fix things with Rider, or try his best to move on.