Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 4.

I woke up in bed with Clover. I had a killer headache and I couldn't remember anything that happened the night before. I looked around the dark room trying to remember what happened, and I came up empty. Clover was sleeping next to me and I had to get out of there. I got up from the bed as quickly and quietly as possible. I pulled my shirt back on and hurried down the steps. Rider, Clover's sister, was sitting on the couch watching Television. I thought I could make it pass her until I heard her walk up behind me.

"Where did you come from?" She put a hand on my shoulder.

"What's it to you?" I snapped.

"Chill bitch." She put her hands up and walked back to the couch.

"Whatever." I said under my breath and hurried out the door. The sun was shining bright, and that wasn't working well with my hangover. Max's house was just next door, so that would be good enough. I knocked on the door until Max got his lazy ass up. He grunted at me and opened the door enough for me to walk in. I was relieved to find his house dark and parent-less. Falling back on the couch I began to search through my memory. Did I sleep with Clover? I hadn't planned on it, but if I did I would have to stay away from her. I wasn't looking for a relationship and that's just about what every girl wants.

"So." Max sat next to me on the couch and ran his fingers through his black hair. "What happened after I left last night?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." I sighed. "I hate not remembering a damn thing I did."

"I remember everything." Max grinned. "Except the whole board going from my window to Clovers."

I laughed at the memory. Clover had told Max to do it thinking he wouldn't. Truth was you could get Max to do anything when he was drunk. Hell one time he kissed me on a dare. Now there's a memory that haunts me. I looked up at him not sure If I should tell him or not. I needed to know the truth though.

"Max I need you to do me a favor." I got serious. "Make sure Clover and I didn't sleep together."

"How that hell do I do that? Walk up to her and just be like 'Hey Clover did you fuck Ronnie?'"

I laughed. "No. Just go over to her house and ask, If she says no then invite her to practice today."

"And if she says yes tell her to stay away." Max cocked an eyebrow. "Man, You have got to stop."

"I know." I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to go home and get ready and you should go over to Clover's and find out for me."

Max nodded and I left his house. It was a sunny, warm day and it didn't match my mood. I put on the sunglasses I just took from Max's house and headed home. Hopefully the house was empty like it usually was. The neighborhood was full of children playing and people cutting the lawn. I couldn't wait to get out of this hell.

The house was empty just as I expected, but it was a mess. Guess that's what I got for hosting a party at my house. I picked up some of the beer cans on the floor trying to throw everything away. I didn't want to get bitched at. I disposed of all the mess and headed up to my room. Looked like I had to do laundry today. Great. I threw everything into the basket and put them in the washer. Band Practice was finally happening. Max, Robert, Monte, Omar, and I had a band. The name was Escape the Fate. It wasn't just some silly name, it was a name with a meaning. The meaning was that I would escape my fate. This hell hole was the first thing I planned on leaving behind in my new life.

There was a light knock at the front door and I ignored it. Then someone was yelling my name. I looked out the window in my room to see Rider standing in my front lawn. She had a smile on her face and was motioning for me to let her in. I got off my bed and went downstairs, Where she was waiting on the porch. She was in the house before I could say anything. She gave me a wink and headed upstairs.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked following behind her.

She didn't answer and when I got to my room she lay on the bed in nothing but her underwear. She looked pretty good, not as good as Clover, but still good. A smirk was on my face and I was beginning to like this Rider girl.

"Well come on." She teased.

"Listen, I'm not looking for a girlfriend."

"And I'm not looking for a boyfriend." She got up from the bed and made her way over to me. "All I want is a good time."

"Now that I can do." I smiled and she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Just don't tell Clover." I whispered as she started to kiss my neck.

"Sure."

I knew that was a dishonest 'sure' and I should have stopped myself from going any further. It was too late though. I was about to sleep with Clover's sister, A sure way to ruin a chance with Clover if I ever wanted it. I pushed it into the back of head not wanting to think about it. I just hoped when the time came, I could persuade clover that It meant nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I re-did the 4th chapter.
I wanted to do this differently.
Every chapter was turning out to be the same thing in a different view and I didn't like it.

So Comments?

By: suicide season.