Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 42

I was still in the hospital and it didn't look good. The doctors had been in and out of my room all day. Brad was still in the room looking worried. It shocked me on how much he had changed. My cell phone started to ring and I grabbed it as quick as I could. I had given my number out in case someone saw Clover. I needed to know where she was and how she was doing. I answered and got a scream. I held the phone away and waited for the fan to calm down. This had better not been just another call to make sure it was really my phone. I had been getting useless calls all day.

"This better be fucking good." I said after the girl calmed down.

"Clover is coming." She squealed again. I sat up in the bed and took a deep breath. My plea had worked after all. All of Escape the Fate's devoted fans were out looking for any sign of Clover and it worked. She was on her way. "She said that she made a mistake, her and Oliver are over and She will marry you."

"Thanks." I said. "Um, I'll make this up to you. I'll save your number into my phone and whenever i figure something out, I'll give you a call."

I hung up my cell phone and started going through my pockets. I needed the ring I had bought for her. I had just had it an hour ago and now it seemed to be missing. I started cussing and thought maybe one of the stupid doctors had taken it from me. Then I remembered I had just left the ring. Dropped it on the tour bus and left it there. This was great. Clover was expecting a proposal and I lost her ring. This was not a good start to get her back.

I shared the good news with Brad and he didn't like it. I wasn't sure how he could be so unhappy for me. The girl I loved wasn't leaving me again. She was coming back to be with me and me only and all he could do was give me a angered look. I sat myself up a bit, ignoring the stabbing pain in my stomach.

"I can't believe this." Brad said getting up from his chair. "Why didn't they listen to me?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked brad, my voice hoarse.

"After your message I posted my own. Telling people not to tell you anything about Clover. Ronnie man, this girl will be the death of you. She has caused you pain, time and time again. Each time you have been emitted to the hospital, and it gets worse each time." He looked up. "Ronnie the doctors don't know if you got here in enough time. Some of the drugs did a lot of damage to you and their waiting to make sure all your organs are okay."

"You told them not to tell me?" I question. "Brad, I can't live without her."

"If she actually gave a damn about you and your health she wouldn't have left again. She would have known what you would have done and she would have stayed gone. She saw that you had somewhat gotten better the first time she left. This time she should have stayed gone for good and I could have helped you recover from everything."

His harsh words about Clover hurt me. She never meant for any of this to happen, she was just scared. I never thought Clover would hurt me, so I refused to listen anything else Brad had to say. Instead I stared at the television. Some stupid talk show was on and I pretended to be interested so I wouldn't have to speak anymore. The time went by and I began to think Clover wasn't coming. What if I did have to move in with Brad and recover from all this? I didn't think I wanted to.

"Ronnie?" Her voice made my day. I tried to get up but the pain made me sink back into my bed. "Oh my god Ronnie. I'm so sorry." She mumbled and whipped a tear from her eye.

"Fucking great." Brad growled and punched the wall. "I was hoping she wouldn't show."

He left the room and Clover looked at him. She had never gotten to know that side of Brad and I could tell it scared her. I took her hand trying to get her to ignore anything he could have possibly said as he left he room. Instead she glanced at Nicky who looked really uncomfortable to be here.

"Clover. I'm so happy you came back." I said pulling her down to me. I hugged her and the whole time she didn't respond. Instead she looked at the door where Brad had left a few minutes ago. She mumbled something to Nicky and turned to me.

"Um, I need to talk to Brad. Nicky will wait with you."

She left me alone again and I tried to tell myself it was okay. She was talking to Brad and everything would be fine. Max, Rider, Shauna, Curtis, Matt, and Jen came in soon after they left. They said everybody was here and that they were in the gift shop finding me something. Then they told a story about how they had to pay the nurses off just so everyone could be in my room at once. I didn't listen to them much. I could tell they were worried but I was too busy waiting for Clover.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha told you guys it wasn't over.
sorry that i made you think that on the last chapter.

-jennifer.