Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 48.

I waited in the apartment, my heart pounding. This was what I wanted to do. I had to get away from Clover if I was ever going to get through this. Max was coming over to help me pack my things out. I was relieved that Clover decided to go to the store. It would had turned into a big scene if she were here. I stood up and grabbed a picture of her hanging up in the living room. I would take it with me to remind me of the girl I would always love. I had let her know I still cared before she left. She would move on after I left, just like I would move on after a while.

"Let's hurry." Max said coming through the door with without even knocking. "She will be back soon and it would be easier if we did this when she wasn't here."

I nodded and went into the bedroom that had become only mine. I had packed all my things last night. I did, however, leave a few things of mine lying around on purpose. I wanted Clover to have them to remind her of me. Even though I was leaving, I didn't want to be forgotten, because I would never forget her. I packed the boxes out and Max took them from me, his face full of sympathy. He knew this was hard for me to do, but I had to be strong. I had to get myself out of this mess, and right now Clover and I were just causing each other pain. I couldn't stand to see the way she would cringe whenever I came near her. She thought I was capable of hurting her, and I wasn't.

I handed Max the last box and looked around the apartment. I did the one thing Clover did for me the first time she left. I wrote a note. I told her that I loved her and I was doing this for the both of us. I was hurting her and I couldn't stand for her to see me this way. We were over and I wanted her to move on, but never forget me. I placed it on the door as I closed and locked it. I hurried down the steps where Max and Rider were waiting. I couldn't believe how supportive my friends had been these last few days. When I got into the car I turned around to see Clover walking towards the apartment, bags in hands. She didn't notice that this was Max's car. I turned around and looked straight ahead. I could never forgive myself for doing this.

"I'm proud of you." Rider said turning to look at me. She was glowing and I wished Clover and I could have what Rider has with Max. They were happy, with a child on the way. I would never know what it would be like to start a family with Clover. I would never get the chance.

"Thanks." I mumbled and looked out the window. "Maybe I shouldn't stay with you guys. Won't she come looking for me there?"

"Ronnie." Rider said placing a hand on my leg. "I've been ignoring Clover so she would hate me. She thinks I'm disappointed in her not giving up drugs, which I am, but I know its hard for her and if I wasn't trying to help the both of you." She sighed. "Well I would be there for her and be supportive."

I nodded. Everyone was making a sacrifice for me. Monte had even been getting close to Clover so he could keep me filled in on how she was doing it. I hated making everyone bend over backwards just to help me with my mistakes. But they had all agreed with it. Monte said he was actually enjoying hanging with Clover and that he should have been friends with her all along. I smiled as we pulled into the driveway. This would be my new home until I got over all my problems, and I would have more trouble now. Clover was out of my life and these next few months would be hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short but it's the last chapter.
As Nicky said we will be writing a sequel.
So all you readers look for it.
Thanks so much for reading.

-Jen.