Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 5.

I woke up and stood up, I looked around for Ronnie and sighed when I noticed he was gone. I had figured I would let him know we didn't sleep together but he pretty much skipped out, so whatever, let him sweat awhile.

I grabbed a pair of short shorts and threw them on and grabbed a black tank top and pulled it over my head and turned to fix my make up. I groaned when I saw my hair, it was sticking up in about three different directions, and although it looked cool, I needed it to be flat right now. Whatever, I finally decided after tracing my eyes lightly with eyeliner and grabbing my sunglasses. My stomach grumbled so I grabbed my knee high converse and made my way down toward the kitchen.

I ran down the stairs in a hurry, needing to fill my urge for Count Chocula and collided with Rider. Her hair was sticking up like she had just slept with someone. "Ah, Rider, whoring yourself out already? Who this time? Perhaps the football captain... or maybe-" "It was your little friend Ronnie actually." I shut up instantly and my mouth fell open. I felt hurt, and betrayed by a guy I thought was my friend, I mean I had only known him for three days but still. "Wow, freak has nothing to say." My stomach dropped and I instantly lost my appetite. "Not to you, no." I swallowed the lump rising in my throat and tried to resist punching her. Luckily for her, my thoughts were dashed completely when Max walked through the door. "Good morning gorgeous!" He sung out. "Um, hello, I am here too!" Rider whined returning my attention to her. "Oh, I am sorry, good morning skank. Clover I need to talk to you." I nodded and motioned for him to go upstairs and wait for me. He smiled and ran up the stairs, I glared at Rider and tried to resist yelling at her about how everything was her fault. However, I had a friend upstairs waiting for me. "You ever touch him again Rider and I swear to god I will...I will...I will ruin you."

Max was waiting on my bed for me and I took a seat next to him, laughing as I noticed the board still up behind us. "So, yeah, I um... Ronnie wanted to know if maybe you and him....well, how do I ask this?" "Did me and Ronnie sleep together?" His face reddened slightly but he nodded all the same. "No, he came home with me and laid in the same bed as me, but I am pretty sure that we didn't, and I do remember things like that. Although, he didn't seem to mind sleeping with Rider this morning." I looked at my hands and began to play with my sunglasses, turning them over and over in my palm. "He slept with Rider?" I nodded and ignored the jealousy that was evident throughout my features. "Well, I did tell you he used girls." "Rider uses guys so maybe they are a match made in heaven. You know in tenth grade I had a boyfriend named Cory, I was with him for three years and Rider slept with him, all because she knew I liked him. He broke up with me and went for her and she rejected him. I was foolish to think that Ronnie would be any different." He nodded and grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. Max was a great guy, he was going to make some girl really happy one day. "You coming to band practice with me today?" "Sure, what is your band named?" He laughed and said "Escape The Fate, you've probably never heard of us." My mouth dropped open and I looked at him. "You my good sir, are in my favorite band." "So you have heard us?" I looked at him, he seemed surprised. "Well, no I haven't but your awesome so I know your band must be." "Well come on then, it is at Ronnie's house." He pulled me to my feet and we walked downstairs and outside. "Great, exactly who I wanted to see." I smirked putting on my sunglasses and following him to Ronnie's.

"Clover this is Omar, Monte, and Robert." Max motioned to all of the guys who were standing near Ronnie. "Hi. Its nice to meet you, Max talked about you the whole way here." They laughed and nodded. Ronnie looked at me and nodded his hello. I sat down on his couch without taking any notice and waited for them so begin playing. I was an instant fan I must admit. The second Ronnie's voice sang out that first word, I went as giddy as a school girl, and it was over much to soon. "Yeah see you later guys!" Ronnie called to everyone except Max and I as they wandered away, sweating and mumbling about work and dates, none of them seeming to enthusiastic. "I am going to get a drink." I walked into his kitchen, followed closely by Ronnie. "Hey Clover." "Don't talk to me right now Ronnie." He looked at the floor, and I tried to let the matter drop, however, my mouth kept talking. "I cannot believe you slept with my sister, come on really? Rider is a whore, she has been pregnant four times this year alone. Maybe I was wrong about you though, about what I am not sure, but I will figure it out, figure you out. Until then, stay away from my sister, if you don't then I can't be your friend."

I left after that and ran home, I slammed my door behind me and Rider brushed past me. "Where are you going?" "To see your friend again." I screamed and ran up to my room, I could only hope Ronnie would say no this time, because I was serious. I laughed and made my way across the board and into Max's room. He was laying there staring at the ceiling. "Welcome to my house." He laughed as I laid next to him on the floor. "We are going to be good friends Max" I sighed as I put my head on his chest, breathing in his scent. "Yeah we are."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments=love
Clovers Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/squeekers/set?id=4917369