The Other Baker Boy

Breaking Their Hold

"Hey Babe, come with me to the studio today?"

"Sure thing, Zacky!" I yelled from our bedroom.

"First we have to go pick up my brother because me and the guys need him to help with some guitar tracks but I have to be there in like 18 minutes." Zack yelled back from the staircase.

"I can go pick him up and meet you at the studio?" I suggested meeting him at the end of our staircase.

"Ah thanks, gorgeous." He kissed me and walked out to his car.

I walked back upstairs and continued to get dressed. I had just turned 21 a month ago and my boyfriend Zacky was going on 26 soon. He has a younger brother, named Matt, who is 21 to. I loved hanging out with Matt because he was practically my age and we could relate to each other on an immature level sometimes. He was pretty much my best friend. I guess it's weird dating his older brother but being best friends with him.

Better call Matt and tell him I'm giving him a ride. I mumbled to myself. I flipped open my phone and dialed his number.

***Phone Call***
"Hey, Matt I'll be at your apartment in like 10 minutes." I said walking outside to my car.

"Great! Well stop taking your precious time and get your ass over here." His smooth, soft, typical Californian voice, flowed through the phone to my ear.

We stayed talking on the phone as I drove up to his apartment complex.

"Okay, get your ass out here!" I yelled into the phone cutting his sentence off. He instantly hung up and walked out to my car and jumped in.


***Regular***
"You look great today, as always" He smiled. I smiled in return.

When I said me and Matt were best friends, I meant it. Whenever we would hang out together, we would be constantly told that we complement each other extremely well. And we truly did. I trusted him with everything and he trusted me, he was my shoulder I cried on whenever Zack and I fought. Matt would aways confine in me because he always felt that he was second best of his family. I mean it is kind of hard to be a somebody when your older brother is a rock star. He plays guitar like Zack, but their parents always praised Zack for his skills and ignored Matt's.

"So how have you been since last time we've hung?" I asked.

"Well I was with this chick on a date the other day and the chick asked if she could meet Zacky." He said as his head hung low. I looked at him and made a sort of grimace.

"Yeah, let's just say I'm single again and tired of being related to the almighty Zacky V." He continued as he did a worship like bow.

"Don't say that!"

"Well it's true! I envy him so much. I wish I had what he did. Like why couldn't I have been the first born? I don't know why I just said that because I'd still be a loser."

"Don't be so fucking self-conscious, dude." I said as I pulled into the studio parking lot.

We walked over to the entry of the building and Zack and Brian were outside having a smoke.

"Hey Babe! Hey bro." Zack said embracing me into a hug and ruffling Matt's hair.

"Hey how's the mini Zacky doing?" Brian joked.

Matt flipped him off and walked into the studio. Brian was always picking on him.

***Matt Baker's P.O.V.***
God, Brian is so fucking dumb! Like I've never met a more ignorant person than him, besides my family. I walked into the studio followed by my brother and Brian, Lacy must've went to the car for something.

"Hey Matt! Wait up dude!" My brother shouted causing me to stop dead in my tracks. Zacky and Brian were now standing in front of me.

"We have an interviewer coming soon and since you're helping us with our new album, maybe you should have a little say in the interview." Zack drew a puff from his cigarette.

"Cool whatever." I shrugged.

We lounged around in the sitting room for about an hour and then the interviewer came. The interviewer's name was Steven and he showed up wearing an A7X death bat shirt that someone probably made him wear.

*INTERVIEW*
Steven: So guys how's the album been going?

Brian: It's amazing! It's great getting to work on this with my best friends. Oh and Zacky's little brother here, is actually going to be working with us on some guitar shit.

Steven: Ah That's great! So Kid, how does it feel being the guitar shredding Zacky Vengeance's younger brother?

Me: Uh I believe my birth certificate says that my name is Matt.

Steven: Okay, yeah that's nice... So it must be hard living in your brother's shadow!

Me: Not really.

The guys just watched back and forth, while I dreaded each word that came out of this guys inconsiderate mouth.

Steven: Oh I'd hate to be you dude because you probably get no ass and when you do get some it's probably because the girl thinks she'll get a free meet and greet with your big bro.

Damn! This guy was a fucking SMART ASS to the fullest degree. I rolled my eyes, put the microphone in Jimmy's hands, and tried to blend in with the back round.

Jimmy: So back to our new album?

Steven: Yeah! We'll talk about that while step child over here cools off.

I couldn't take it any fucking more! I was about 3 seconds away from completely exploding on this jackass. I noticed Lacy walk behind the camera man so I could see her. She knew I was about to straight up fucking murder this dude. She gave me a heartwarming smile and mouthed 'Calm down!' I obeyed her and sat back in silence till the interview was finished. The camera shut off and everyone stood up to tell Steven and his cameraman, thank you for coming. I stood up and brushed past my brother's arm.

"Nice meeting you, Zacky's shadow." Steven teased. I stopped dead in my tracks like earlier.

"What did you just fucking call me, dude."

"Uh Zacky's shadow! Here I'll spell it out for you: Z-A-C-K-Y-'-S......." His mouth was stopped by my fist.

Jimmy and Brian held me back but I broke free of their hold and walked off. I'd never hear the end of this one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!