‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 10

"Oh good lord," A female voice said waking me from my slumber. I rolled over and saw Michelle standing in Ronnie's doorway.

"What's up?"

"The graffiti on your shoulder," She said simply.
"I like it, but what made you do it?"

"The alcohol made me do it."

"I've heard that a million times. I was hoping for something more original."

"My fish ate my homework." She smiled and pulled me out of bed.

"We're having fun today, remember?"

"Yes I know." I groaned. She tried yanking me up one more time, and I thudded back to the floor. I let out a frustrated sigh and stood up on my own.
"Can I at least change?" I asked her.

"Do I need to send Ronnie in to watch you?"

"No," I said carefully.

"I better not." She said leaving the room. I quickly changed before she could come to check on me. The tattoo on my back was sore, but that was only to be expected. I left the room, and entered the kitchen where I found Michelle, Max, and Ronnie. I smiled at them.

"How are you feeling?" Max asked.

"I'm good." Was all I said.

"What are you two doing today?" Ronnie asked drinking a cup of coffee.

"I don't know yet." I looked at Ronnie more.
"Since when did you know how to work the coffee maker?"

"I had to learn something to survive the days without you here." I nodded my head. Michelle grabbed my hand.

"Let's go now. Let's get some breakfast or something, and then we'll figure out what to do." We walked to the front door. I put my shoes on, and Max handed me my cell phone.

"Don't get shot." He joked.

"Oh I won't."

"You have her back soon alright?" He said to Michelle.

"Yes sir."

We left the apartment, and headed to McDonalds for breakfast. It isn't what we imagined for breakfast, but it was cheap and "on our way". I had a very good feeling Michelle knew exactly what we were doing today. On our way to our destination we had time to talk more.

"I love those Cookies and Cream Hershey's bar." I told her.

"Those are gross."

"Have you ever had one?"

"No because they are just that gross."

"I think I need to buy you one. I've been eating those for years."

"I can tell."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked her. She playfully grinned.

"It doesn't mean anything."

"That's not how you made it sound."

"Well I'm sorry." She pulled into a day spa, and parked the car.
"Surprise!"

"Michelle you shouldn't have!"

"Well I did. I also set up an appointment for you to get your hair done. I know you want to even though you never hinted it."

"You're insane." We walked into the place.
"This is so awesome."

The inside smelt of running water. It also smelt tropical. It had cool colors, and felt very relaxing, just like a day spa should feel like. A woman came directly to me, and pulled me away from Michelle to do my hair. I had to think fast, but I finally came up with the perfect look.

I had the woman dye my currently blonde hair dark brown, and she cut it to just below my shoulders. I had the woman also trim my bangs to my eyebrows. When she was done I looked it over in the mirror, and absolutely loved it. I gave her a hug out of happiness, and made sure to tip her big time.

I met up with Michelle and got a pedicure. It was exactly what I needed to free any stress from my body. About a few hours later we left to head back home.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

"A little."

"Let's go and get lunch before I drop you off. I have a big date tonight."

"With your serious boy toy?" She blushed.

"Yes."

"I'm gonna want all the details."

"Sure thing."