‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 11

I walked through the door and instantly heard Ronnie shout, "We're going out tonight!"

He ran to the door way, and looked at me with a wide smile on his face. His face turned to shock when he saw my hair. We walked up to me to touch it. I laughed lightly.

"You're hair," Was all he could say.

"My hair."

"I fucking love it."

"Thanks Ronnie."

"It's perfect since we're going out tonight."

"We went out last night."

"But that was with other people. This time it is just us to." I smell trouble.

"Where are the other guys?"

"They are working on a new song."

"You're not working with them why?" He walked closer to me grinning.

"I took the day off. Now let's go out." Before I could put anything away all my belongings were dropped on the floor, and Ronnie was dragging me from the apartment.

"Ronnie…" I whined. His fingers laced with mine. My blood froze through my veins, and I continued walking on. We passed many places until we wound up at The Pink Pony. Ronnie and I walked in, and he would still not let my hand go. We sat down at the bar, Ronnie ordered two drinks, and stared at me.
"I don’t know what you're trying to do Ronnie, but I'm scared." He laughed.

"I don't know why you would be scared, but don't be scared." We got our drinks and I drank mine too quickly. Ronnie ordered me another one. I laughed when he handed it to me.
"Calm down Maddie." He drank his drink slowly. I followed him, but drank mine even slower.

"Ronnie, tell me, what was going through your head when I left?"

"All I could think about was that I let the most beautiful thing to walk into my life leave. I was kicking myself for months." I smiled at him.

"You should have called."

"I don't know why I didn't. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was afraid of how you would react."

"I probably would have told you to get your ass to my apartment." He laughed with me.

Drinks later we were heading home, many drinks later. We stumbled down the street hand in hand giggling like little girls. We arrived outside the building and tripped up the stairs. Walking down the hallway Ronnie started yelling.

"Oh Maddie you are so beautiful to me." He sung.

"Oh Ronnie I love you."

We entered the dark apartment not turning on the lights. Ronnie shut the door behind us. He pushed me against the wall. Our lips met for the first time in over a year. The feeling blew me away and I hungrily wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me. He pulled away, and brought me to his bedroom. We made it to his bed, and he climbed on top of me.

"I've missed you so much." He whispered. I pulled his shirt from over his head.

"I love you so much Ronnie."