‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 19

I felt a pair of lips kiss me over and over again in different places each times. I rolled over and slowly opened my eyes. I saw the only face I would ever want to see first thing in the morning. Ronnie smiled and kissed me gently on the lips.

"Good morning," He whispered. His hand ran down my side, and chills were sent through my body. He smiled and kissed the side of my head.

"Morning," I replied back resting my head on his chest.

"Don't you think you've slept enough?"

"I probably have, but that doesn't make me want to get out of bed." Ronnie sat up forcing me to move my head.

He looked at me with an evil grin on his face. I shook my head and his under the covers. I felt his arms wrap the blanket around me and lift me from the bed. I let out a laugh slash shriek as he made his way to what I was guessing was the living room.

"Ronnie put me down!" I yelled at him. Without another word I felt myself hit the ground, but I still felt the pressure of Ronnie. He pulled away some of the blanket so I could see him.

"Well since you made it out of bed I think we should go and do something." He smiled.

"Oh you're a jerk." I joked closing my eyes.

"No going back to sleep," He paused for a second before I heard his voice again.
"Go and get her Poe!"

I looked up and saw Poe running to me with his tongue flapping out of his mouth. I brought my hands to my face to shield it from his slobber. Then the thought occurred to me that I hadn't taken Poe out on a walk in like two days. I looked up at Ronnie.

"I walked him for you."

"Thank you! I would get up to hug you, but I'm kind of naked." I said.

"I don't know why you would be shy. After last night..." He trailed off and ended with a 'Woo'. I playfully glared at him as he helped me up while keeping the blanket around my body. I drug my feet to my bedroom as Ronnie trailed behind. I stood in my doorway as Ronnie stood in the hall. I smiled, shut the door, and locked it before he could get in.
"Maddie!" He yelled knocking on the door.

"I have to get changed." I yelled.

"Why can't I watch?" I threw on underwear and a bra.

"Why did you even ask that?" I put on a pair of sweatpants and an 'I Am Ghost' t-shirt on. I unlocked the door and swung it open. I gave him a cheeky smile as I walked out of the room. I went into the kitchen to make some coffee. I sat down on top of the counter waiting for it to be done brewing.

Ronnie walked into the kitchen fully dressed. He looked me up and down and playfully gave me a wink. I stuck my tongue out at him and hopped off the counter. I stood in front of the coffee pot with my crimson red coffee cup in front of me.

"You know what I just noticed?" Ronnie asked looking in my cupboard.

"What?"

"You only drink coffee out of red coffee cups." I looked at him and laughed.
"What?"

"You're funny Ronnie." I grabbed the pot filled with steaming hot coffee. I pour my poison into my cup, grabbed the sugar and milk, and poured my desired amount into the cup. I took a sip and smiled.

"You're one strange cookie." Ronnie said breaking the silence. I looked at him and then walked into the living room. I sat on my couch and turned the TV on.
"What do you want to do today?"

"Recover."

"Recover from what?"

"From life," I said simply turning on House M.D.

"Well then let's go out and recover. I'm never in LA so let's make the best of it." I looked at him while he looked at me with a hopeful smile. I sighed overdramatically and stood up.

He clapped his hands and said, "Yes!"

"Well where do you want to go?"

"You tell me Miss Hollywood." I thought about it, but before I could answer there was a sharp knock on the front door. I looked at Ronnie and then a face came to mind.

"Jimmie," I said lowly walking to the front door. I looked through the peephole and it confirmed my suspicion. I opened the door and glared at him.
"You have a key. It's nice to know that you're not a complete ass."

"I have some of my stuff here that I want to pick up." I moved to the side and let him through. We walked back into the living room and I noticed Ronnie drinking my coffee while sitting on the couch. He looked at Jimmie and me. Jimmie went to the bedroom and in less than five minutes he was out with a box of stuff. He walked to the doorway, turned, and looked at me.

"I need my key." I said with a hand out and open. He took the key from his back pocket and put it in my hand.

"Nice seeing you again asshole!" Ronnie shouted from the couch, refusing to get up.

"It's nice to see you're taking in the homeless." Jimmie said before opening the door.

"Fuck you," was all Ronnie said.

"Just leave already." I told him as he left my apartment. Before I could shut the door he muttered his last words to me.

"I'll love you always Madison." He smirked and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay in updating.
I went to my doctor and i found out I have Carpal Tunnel from sleeping weird and being on the computer way too much.
I'm not supposed to be on, but I felt like updating anyways.

xoxo ash