‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 22

"When do you plan on getting your stuff from Vegas?" I questioned.

"I don't need to get anything from there. I can just buy new shit here."

"You have to be logical."

"I think you're the one being illogical." I smiled at our immaturity.

"We have to call Max and let him know what's up."

"Alright," He said simply. I looked at him oddly for a few moments and then turned to get my phone. I was near my bedroom when I felt Ronnie's arms snake around my waist.

"Ronnie what are you doing?"

"Nothing, what are you talking about?" I turned in his arms and met him face to face. I leaned in and kissed him softly. He pushed me into the wall, and things started heating up. I pushed him away and smiled.

"This has to stop."

"I don't like that."

"Aw, poor baby," I laughed and slipped through him to my bedroom. I grabbed my phone and joined him in the living room. I dialed Max's number and pressed the phone to my ear. After a few moments he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Max, it's Maddie."

"I know, what's up?"

"Well here's the deal. Ronnie is moving in with me."

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

"What do you mean?" Ronnie looked at me with confusion. I swatted his head away when he tried leaning in to listen.

"Well, you know how Ronnie is. I'm just looking out for you. I don't want him hurting you anymore. You mean the world to me, and I don't want you setting yourself up for heartbreak."

"Don't worry about it Max." I worded my sentences carefully. I didn't want Ronnie to hear this part of Max and I's conversation.
"We're going to come to Vegas this weekend to get some of his stuff."

"You could stay longer than just the weekend." He suggested.

"I don't think I can. I have work. Sorry Max."

"Alright, so we should be expecting you Saturday?"

"How about Friday night?" Ronnie looked at me and smiled.

"How's that going to happen?" Max questioned as an idea hatched into my head, and my smile matched Ronnie's.

"Road trip!"