‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 23

We waited outside patiently or impatiently, however you want to put it. Poe's leash was tightly wrapped around my wrist as Ronnie and I watched for my house watcher. Even though Ronnie and I would be gone for only a few days I felt the need to get someone to watch my house.

"What's taking so long?" Ronnie whined.

"I don't know. I'm not psychic."

"Why can't we just bring it with us?" I looked at Ronnie appalled.

"IT has a name."

"SORRY, why can't we bring Poe with us?"

"Because we are just going to be in Vegas for a few days," I told him.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind a little partying. I'm sure he is a party dog underneath it all."

"Think whatever you want to think. He isn't coming with." Poe looked up at us. He tilted his head to the right and then laid it back down. I looked back out to the street anticipating the arrival of my dear friend. Ronnie sat on the hood of my car and turned his head towards me.

"You know…"

"Know what?" I turned my head towards him, and he pressed his lips against mine. I smiled into the kiss after I kissed him back. He pulled away breathless.

"You're gorgeous."

"Thank you Mr. Radke." He wrapped his arms around me and smiled. From behind Ronnie I could see a black car pull up. I squealed with happiness and accidently pushed Ronnie away. He turned around to see what all my excitement was about. The car parked next to mine, and Josh stepped out.

"I am ready to party!" He yelled.

"You're so funny Joshy." I said laughing.

"It's nice to see you Maddie Waddie and you know I'm just kidding." He smiled and hugged me.

"Let me bring you upstairs and show you around for the tenth time." We headed upstairs and to my apartment.
"Now, don't go into my room."

"Have I ever?"

"I know I know. Also, try not to touch anything on Ronnie's bed." I pointed towards the couch."

"Ha, you're so funny Madz." Ronnie said running into the room.
"I actually sleep in the same bed as she does."

"Sure, whatever you say." Josh replied obviously joking, but Ronnie sulked away anyways.

"Are you ready to go Ronnie?" I asked. He perked up and smiled.

"Yes yes yes!" I laughed and we left the apartment. We got to my car and headed to our destination. Las Vegas, Nevada.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, and thanks to the two new readers that informed me they read You Love To Hate Me AND this story in two days. I'm so happy you enjoy it, and I'm happy to keep writing for you all.

PS.

Happy Easter everyone!

-ashley