‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 24

"You spin me right round, baby right round!" Ronnie sang as we sped down the highway.

"Like a record?" I questioned.

"You ruined my solo." He joked smiling at me.

"Boo hoo," I played back. We had been driving for about two hours. There was only about two more. I couldn't wait to get to Vegas.

"I'm hungry."

"I'm awesome."

"Yeah whatever, can we stop and get something to eat?" I turned on an exit.

"Yeah sure," I pulled into the first fast food place I saw.
"Is this fine?"

"Yes ma'am." I went through the drive thru and ordered food for the both of us. I parked the car, and we ate our food. We finished our food, but Ronnie wouldn't let me start the car.
"Let's do something before we get to Vegas."

"Like what?" He had the same old devilish grin on his face.
"If it has anything to do with disturbing the peace I want no part in it."

He laughed, kissed me, and replied, "You'll have fun."

"What?"

"There's a dog park down the road."

"Which we would get ticketed for not having a sticker or something," I informed him.

"I'll pay for the ticket."

"If you want to see dogs, I'll take you to a pet store."

"No, I have this sound effect thing." He pulled a device out of him pocket.
"It has cat sounds on it. It drives Poe crazy."

"Is that why he barks at two a.m.?"

"Maybe," He grinned wider.

"This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard."

"Please, please please?" I turned the car on and drove to the dog park. We got out of the car and entered the park. He grabbed my hand and brought me into the trees. We hid and waited for dogs to come.

"Is there another reason you wanted to be here alone?"

"No." He was very quiet.

"I think there is."

"Nope."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me."

"I just wanted to be alone with you."

"You're always alone with me though." I laughed.

"But we're not alone like this. We're either in a big city or with people. I want to be stranded alone with you. You're the only person I can be around for the rest of my life, and I could never grow tired of you."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled too, and our lips melted together. It got pretty heated and I accidently pushed him into a tree behind him. The device with the cat noises went off and the quiet atmosphere around us was filled with cats meowing.

I pulled away and laughed. We were both laughing until a large dog burst through some bushes and pushed me down. A searing pain shot through my wrist, but I didn't pay attention. I was trying to get the dog off me. The cast noises went away, and Ronnie too was getting the dog off me.

The owner of the dog came through the bushes and yelled for her dog. She looked at the both of us. She glared and put her dog's leash on her dog. The dog sat calmly as Ronnie helped me up from the ground.

"What do you two think you're doing?"

"We were talking." Ronnie told her.

"Do you speak cat?" She spat.

"Actually I thought we were speaking Panther."
♠ ♠ ♠
holy cow, talk about delay.

sorry everyone. i've been having bad medical problems.
i was having breathing problems. i went to the doctor and she told me i have reactive airway disease.
i had an allergic reaction with my first inhaler, and had to go back to the doctor and get a second one.
then i got the flu...even though i had gotten a flu shot.
i had time today to get an update out because i pulled out my back this morning and didn't go to school.

now that water polo is over i should be able to update every other day again.

thanks for reading.
:)