‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 25

We entered the city of Las Vegas. The sky was pitch black, but the city's lights made it bright. I couldn't help but smile. I had forgotten how amazing this city looked at night. I never wanted the sun to come up, but there were many occasions when I didn't want the sun to ever rise again.

Ronnie grabbed my right hand and kissed it. I looked at him and smiled. He returned the smile and kissed my cheek. We continued driving past all the glitz and glam, and we drove to the trashy neighborhood we both had called home at one point or another.

We arrived outside the apartment buildings. I took out my cell phone and called Max. After a few rings he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Max, we're downstairs."

"Excellent, I'll be down there in a few."

We both hung up our phones, and Ronnie and I got out of the car. We stood by the door and waited for Max. He appeared and let us in. He instantly wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug.

"I'm so glad to see you."

"I'm happy to see you too."

"So I hear someone is willing to shelter this maniac." Max joked.

"This lovely lady right here," Ronnie smiled and grabbed my hand. We all went up to Max's apartment.

The place looked exactly the same. Everything was misplaced, and it smelt of dirty socks. I walked into the living room and noticed a familiar face on the couch. I smiled and squealed as I ran to Michelle.

"Babe, it's nice to see you." She said.

"It's nice to see you too. What are you doing here?"

"Max and I have been dating for awhile." My smile grew even larger.

"That is so great to hear." I said and looked at them both.
"You two make an adorable couple."

"As do Ronnie and you," She said. Ronnie has walked into the living room with two duffle bags in his hands.

"That's all you need to pack everything?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I don't have a lot."

"Alright," We walked to his room, and we started packing his stuff. I opened up the first drawer of his dresser, but he instantly pushed me away.

"Let me clean out this drawer."

"Do you have dirty magazines that you don't want me to see or something?" I joked. He shook his head quite seriously, and I sat down on his bed waiting for him to finish. It was when he was almost done when I remembered what was in that drawer. The ring. I wiped the thought from my mind and we finished packing.

We left the apartment, and we all went out to get Chinese food. The experience was something. As of right now I don't know how to put it. The only thing I know is that I don't think we're allowed back there anytime soon.

We went back to the apartment, and I felt like I could pass out. Michelle and Max asked Ronnie and me if we wanted to watch a movie. I don't remember which movie, but I didn't watch it. I was too busy trying to sleep. That was until Ronnie came into the room.

Then we didn't have sleeping on our minds.